Pokemon: Let's go Eevee and Let's go Pikachu announced For Nintendo Switch

Pokemon Let's go Eevee and Let's go Pikachu have been officially announced for the Nintendo Switch, complete with Pokemon Go integration. These games are a remake of the original GameBoy games, in particular Pokemon Yellow, however played in the style of Pokemon Go.

Instead of running through grass and encountering wild Pokemon that you take on in one-on-one challenges, gamers will swipe at Pokemon with the joycons to catch them, similar to how Pokemon are caught in Pokemon Go with a touch screen.

What's also interesting is Let's go Eevee and Let's go Pikachu look to have a co-op mode, where two people can explore Kanto on one Switch console.

More can be seen in the trailer below:

It's worth keeping in mind this is not a core Pokemon game. This is a spin off designed to appeal to the audience who enjoy Pokemon Go, however might never have played past Pokemon adventures on Nintendo's consoles.

As someone who's still enjoying Pokemon Go I must admit i'm rather excited for Let's go Eevee and Let's go Pikachu, the game will offer us a different way of exploring the best looking version of Kanto yet. In addition I like that Pokemon will be able to be transferred between the Switch and Pokemon Go, hopefully allowing Pokemon from Go to be preserved when the Pokemon Go servers will no doubt close down one day.

Pokemon Let's go Eevee and Let's go Pikachu will be released on November 16th 2018.

Edited by InsaneNutter
  • Like 2