Using PKHeX: How to Use PKHaX Mode with PKHeX

This tutorial will show to to activate PKHaX mode on PKHeX. This mode will allow you to give Pokemon illegal abilities, stats, and much more.

Please Note: "Project Pokémon does not support or condone cheating at the expense of others. While this community contains research, information, and utilities allowing people to create their own Pokémon, we do not agree with using them against players who are unaware that significantly hacked"

Please visit the following page for more information about Project Pokemon's Cheating Policy:

Making your own batch file for PKHaX is fairly simple. In this tutorial, the resulting batch file will be identical to the file I provided above, but will not have an icon, and will be in a ".bat" format instead of a ".exe" format.

1. Navigate to a folder to make the batch file. Right click inside of the folder, then click on "new", then click on "Text Document"

Untitled-3.png

2. Rename the new text file to whatever you like (I will rename mine "PKHaX").

Untitled-4.png

3. Open your new text file, then paste in this code

start pkhex hax
exit 0

Untitled-5.png

4. Click on "File" then click on "Save As"

Untitled-6.png

5. When the "Save As" window comes up, add ".bat" as shown in the picture below, to the end of your file name. Then click "Save"

Untitled-7.png

6. Go back to the folder in which you just saved your new batch file. Make sure you are using the batch file and not the text file.

Untitled-8.png

7. Move the batch file you just created into the same folder as PKHeX. Then open your PKHaX batch file and PKHeX with PKHaX mode should open correctly.

Untitled-2.png

View full tutorial

• 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 4 months later...

Hello, first time commenting here but I was wondering is there a way to get this mode activated on the 3DS Homebrew version? I just like playing with Pokémon offline with wacky abilities and just fun..not competitive and not looking to flood any market with illegal Pokémon. I’d just like to have like Sheer Force on my Talonflame lol type of stuff. Thanks!

14 minutes ago, CozyMatt said:

Hello, first time commenting here but I was wondering is there a way to get this mode activated on the 3DS Homebrew version? I just like playing with Pokémon offline with wacky abilities and just fun..not competitive and not looking to flood any market with illegal Pokémon. I’d just like to have like Sheer Force on my Talonflame lol type of stuff. Thanks!

There is no PKHeX homebrew for the 3DS. It's a PC application.

• 2 months later...

How can i surpass the 510 IV limit with the PKHaX in Hacked Mode ?

I play on Citra emulator in my Pocophone (edit the main on pc and transfer to phone) and wanna edit all IVs to 252... There's a way to remove this limit ? 

Edited by allmarshall

• 9 months later...
53 minutes ago, Polteageist said:

Is this guide still relevant for current version of pkhex? Because I was able to activate pkhax mode, without pkhax.bat, by toggling it to "on" in the settings.

Today you can simple rename the .exe file to "pkhax.exe" and have both

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, neonoafs said:

Today you can simple rename the .exe file to "pkhax.exe" and have both

Thank you! By any chance, do you know how I can edit the stat values of my Pokemon to 999 without it reverting back to the original value? I followed the steps provided but still not getting the desired results. Pkhex would show that the values are indeed 999, however the edited value isn't reflected when viewed in game.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
6 minutes ago, alfojaijofaifo said:

When I try to open a save of Pokemon Gen3, I can't choose all habilities. it's how pkhax mode are disabled but it's on. How can work this for gen3?

You can not choose any other ability because that's technically not possible in Gen 3. The ability is just a single bit which can either be 0 or 1, depending on if the Pokemon has its first or second ability.