Gen 3 Specific Edits: How to redeem any desired shiny / spread CHANNEL Jirachi

MORE INFORMATION ABOUT THE MENU/ANIMATION AFFECTING THE RNG, READ HERE.

First and foremost, although all of these Jirachi's are "legit" and can be in theory generated and retrieved by the Pokemon Channel game; in actuality lots of them could almost certainly not be redeemed through normal RNG on retail hardware/emulators. There is an entire methodology that goes into determining whether or not a certain Jirachi spread can actually be redeemed through RNG (due to the necessity to hit things are certain frames that would be impossible to interact with on actual hardware), and even if you follow that guide to a tee, sometimes redeeming that specific spread Jirachi will just not be possible. If you want to ensure that the Jirachi you are trying to redeem could actually be retrieved on hardware, there are more in-depth guides here and here. With that said, nothing "illegal" is being created through this process; the Pokemon Channel game can, in theory, produce all of these different spread / shiny Channel Jirachis. 

For this process you are going to need:

One final note before starting, the majority of the research that was done into figuring this out was done by people with much more knowledge of RNGing Channel Jirachi than I will ever have. So if you want to know most of the logic behind it, I probably cannot help you haha. All I did was figure out how to put this guide together.

First off, we are going to run RNG Reporter 10.3.4 and make sure the Method is set to 'Channel.' Then you are going to choose a desired seed, and the maximum amount of frames you are willing to go up to. For this example, and to keep things simple, I picked a random seed '83213901,' set the frame counter a very small amount (5000). and clicked off the "Shiny Only" box as I want to retrieve a shiny Channel Jirachi.

devrng.PNG.8d22e59fffd398caba552d75718ee8b0.PNG
Now we are going to run the python script linked in the requirements.
devscript.PNG.dd5cbce91f92c64083b3f27b227c3740.PNG
I have set the IV and thresh to 0, in order to generate every possible spread between frames 0-5000. This takes longer, and for an actual desired spread you would want to find out what threshold the Jirachi would be at, in order to generate as few results as possible.devact.thumb.PNG.4fed5b17c54d6076358677ef6b3f4c4d.PNG
Once we've run the python script, you want to find the PID of your desired spread. Make sure that the spread matches, and then copy down the highlighted memory address of your spread. This is the important part!

Next you are going to want to launch Dolphin in developer mode. In order to do that you need to launch dolphin from CMD or command line with the '-d' parameter. At this point you want to setup VBA and make sure that it is ready to connect to Dolphin. Once that is done, launch the Pokemon Channel and proceed through the standard Jirachi redemption process to this screen:
devset.thumb.PNG.ce6e24a67cfb5cbda211a2b2ade9d0f4.PNG
Once on this screen you want to find the Memory location '8033d888' and set the value equal to whatever you address that you copied from the python script. Now you can begin the redemption process:
devretrieve.thumb.PNG.fbbdd8a06e640109852214da28aeaf24.PNG
And retrieve your desired CHANNEL Jirachi!
devjir.PNG.bb8fdbd2ba19ae2a2ea71d32ba722492.PNG

JKSM.cia

JKSM.zip

View full tutorial

Edited by Gridelin
  • Like 11
  • Amazed 1
  • Confused 1

I don't have time to RNG them but I would love a perfect IV and shiny channel Jirachi in each language (I think they were available in each EU language iirc?). If anyone would like to do it to contribute to our gallery, please do. I would very much appreciate it.

• Like 2

19 hours ago, Sabresite said:

I don't have time to RNG them but I would love a perfect IV and shiny channel Jirachi in each language (I think they were available in each EU language iirc?). If anyone would like to do it to contribute to our gallery, please do. I would very much appreciate it.

I'm not sure if you meant all languages of perfect IV shiny channel Jirachi or all languages perfect IV Jirachi and all languages of a shiny Jirachi. As you probably know a perfect IV + Shiny Channel Jirachi is not possible, but here is the closest thing in every language: 
image.png.a1cdc71ce9c8f3bb5a49e1aabe0accfd.png
Download Zip with every language retrieval of this Jirachi: jir.zip

20 hours ago, theSLAYER said:

@Gridelin do you have a Pokemon Channel save that can distribute the Jirachi? :3

Edit: Found a save from gamefaqs. Would still be good to get a save from pporg.
Maybe it's time to get Colo/XD saves too

I'm not sure if I'm using a gamefaqs save, as I found a save file online years ago, but I can guarantee you I did not play through this horrible game haha.

Rant begin: even just going to redeem the different language Jirachis was unnecessarily complicated. It's not enough to redeem the Jirachi to the different language game, but you also have to go into the settings of the pokemon channel game, and change the language there as well. And if you try to change the language back after the Jirachi has been distributed, it crashes the game! And then besides the technical parts of this game being horrible, who was the sick f**k that thought of the aspects of this game. The pokemon being depressed and sad when certain things happen is like watching an interactive ASPCA commercial; not to mention it is almost always raining outside in the game (seriously where is the god damn sun!), and this game was a full price at launch??? For the USA Bonus disc all you need is a pokedex retrieved on your desired cartridge, you don't even need any progress in Colosseum, and it came free with Colosseum! Pokemon Channel requires a stupid amount of in-game progress, that your savefile has beaten the elite4, and spending $50-$60 to get the disc in the first place. Don't get me wrong I miss there being types of event distributions like this now-a-days, but I'm glad now the only way to get a pokemon for an entire continent doesn't revolve around a game like this./endrant

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

@GridelinI just wanted to thank you, for this incredible tutorial.
I thought Channel's shiny Jirachi was impossible
After a lot of reading, of understanding something, of finding what is necessary ... I have achieved it !!!
I have been more than 2 months, with the RNG but it has been done these last days heavy.

os1A2Rg.png

It has bad IV, but what's cool? : D

• Proud 1

43 minutes ago, manolin18 said:

@GridelinI just wanted to thank you, for this incredible tutorial.
I thought Channel's shiny Jirachi was impossible
After a lot of reading, of understanding something, of finding what is necessary ... I have achieved it !!!
I have been more than 2 months, with the RNG but it has been done these last days heavy.

os1A2Rg.png

It has bad IV, but what's cool? : D

Glad this tutorial helped out! :D

Unfortunately the seeds listed here are consistently missing their last digit. :(
Also thank you for the Jirachis. I should have clarified that I was looking for separate spreads. Thank you for getting them so close to perfect too!
If you want to simply list the seeds, I can take care of the rest too. Whatever is easiest.

15 hours ago, Sabresite said:

Unfortunately the seeds listed here are consistently missing their last digit. :(
Also thank you for the Jirachis. I should have clarified that I was looking for separate spreads. Thank you for getting them so close to perfect too!
If you want to simply list the seeds, I can take care of the rest too. Whatever is easiest.

I PM'd you something that should help.

4 minutes ago, Admiral_Fish said:

@Gridelin An easier option would be to use GameCubeRNG(which is built into RNG Reporter 10.3.4) and switch the method to channel then you can search by IVs and it also gives the seed. https://gyazo.com/04eae2f40b258eca54929be29a0d0dae

Alternatively you can use PokeFinder to do it as well. https://gyazo.com/60386f34d42162b76cc15d08538e727a

This is awesome, will update the guide shortly once I'm home!

1 hour ago, english09 said:

@Gridelin How can I find out if the PID I want is one that could be generated normally with a physical gamecube and gba connected to it? The one I would like is 722FB9EE (Naive, 21/20/15/24/21/30) - is that one possible to receive on hardware? Thanks in advance :)

You need to look into things like generation patterns based on the initial seed/menu seed. It's one of those things that I talked about at the beginning of the guide saying that while I understand the logic behind it, I'm not in any position to really explain how it works haha.

• 11 months later...
  • 6 months later...
On 5/23/2019 at 9:40 AM, ventus323 said:

Hello, I have  question.  download python file(16aDdLjw.py) and run.

however, this error has occured.

Is there a way to solve this problem?

에러코드.png

Hey there! It's been about a year since you asked… but this may help you and might aid other people in the future...

In very crude words: Sometimes you need to check with both the "old" (2.x) and the "new" (3.x +) python versions. That error happened because you probably need to run the script with the “old” python.