[OR] how to make a pokemon appears as it have been traded

nomar

So I am looking to make a pokemon (not create one) as it have been internationally traded, mostly for the exp bonus, I tried to put a random name in the "lastest (not OT) Handler" row and random countries and region in the resident tab, but, sorry for my newbieness, I don't know if it is enough and even if it have worked, I mean how do I check in-game?

Thanks in advance and sorry for any english mistake.

Not OT Handler would have to be your name, since you're the one handling someone else's Pokemon. It would automatically get set when loaded into PKHeX, so there's no need to change that. What you do need to change is the TID, SID, and the OT. You're able to easily check in game: as long as it had a different TID/SID/OT than your own save file, it'll be treated as a traded Pokemon and will get the EXP bonus.

• 3 months later...

A variation of this question (sorry if this is a bit off topic)

Suppose I want a pokemon to look like it was traded from X to ORAS and back. What changes would I have to make in PkHex in order to make sure the pokemon is legal?

The reason I ask this is because there are certain moves that can only be taught from move tutor in ORAS, but the pokemon are still valid in XY. Sadly I don't have a second 3ds lying around anywhere and I don't exactly have anyone trustworthy to ask for a two way trade.

Thanks in advance!