Best way to tell fake games

Arterion

I can do, but it'll have to wait a while, I'm out and about at the moment. While the cart itself seems to be reasonably legit (has the nintendo seal and black code on the back) the sticker is slightly lopsided, offcentre and has a chunk missing from the top right, and the printing isnt as good as my UK version.

Furthermore, the instruction booklet was badly put together (staples in the wrong place), and the shrink wrap was just normal shrink wrap as opposed to the higher quality stuff you usually get on Nintendo games with the tab but for taking it off. Also, the printing on the box cover is slightly off, not in terms of content, but just looks the teensiest bit fuzzy, nothing that would show on a camera even...

Saves taking FOREVER. Initial save took over 6 minutes, subsequent saves after doing NOTHING to the game taking FAR longer than my UK version...

---------- Post added at 12:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:00 PM ----------

Also, my UK game has a sparkly holofoil front cover, this one doesn't, but I don't know if this design was worldwide and used ALL the time...

Unfortunately, eBay, although I used paypal which gave me some cover. The user had 100% feedback and rather alot of it, so seemed ok to me. Maybe not lol

It's fake. I can say that without looking at anything other than "ebay."

Plat is $35 at most major retail outlets that sell video games. I'd suggest you pay the full price rather than risk purchasing a fake cart used/ebay again.

Plat is $35 at most major retail outlets that sell video games. I'd suggest you pay the full price rather than risk purchasing a fake cart used/ebay again.

Agreed, although it's quite hard to come by a US cart in the UK without using eBay, and I wanted a US cart in particular because the UK .sav exports apparently have issues with Pokesav (my current one certainly does).

Actually randomspot, that bias against Ebay generally is wrong; Power sellers are quite reliable.

However you need to be VERY selective when purchasing things on Ebay. In general just buy the game at a retail store. Be sure it is an authorized reseller, because there are some websites that will sell you counterfeit copies of games. I have a fake copy of Emerald that I paid 15$ for sitting several feet away from me, that I couldn't get returned.