Managing NDS Saves: Using Emulators

This tutorial will show you how and where to access your save files while using a DS emulator. This guide will cover 3 of the most popular emulators for running DS games: DeSmuME and No$GBA (Computer), and DraStic (Android). This guide assumes that you have already set up and played one of these emulators at least once. Scroll down to your emulator of choice. 

This is not a setup guide. This guide is meant to show where to find or inject your save files.

DeSmuME:

1. Navigate to the folder that DeSmuME is located in. Then open the folder called "Saves"

Edit as of Aug-2019: Depending on which version of DeSmuME you may have, you may have to navigate to a folder called "Battery" instead.

Go to the one that your version supports.

Untitled-1.png
image.png

2. Inside the "Saves"/"Battery" folder should be your save files.

3. MAKE A BACKUP OF THIS FILE BEFORE USING OR EDITING IT WITH ANY SAVE EDITORS.

Untitled-2.png

4. While this type of save file (.DSV) is supported by PKHeX, it is highly recommended to convert your save to the standard (.SAV) file type to maximize compatibility and reduce possible errors you may encounter. You can convert your save file using the save converter tool found here.

NO$GBA:

1. Navigate to the folder that NO$GBA is located in. Then open the folder called "BATTERY"

Untitled-3.png

2. Inside the "BATTERY" folder should be your save files.

3. MAKE A BACKUP OF THIS FILE BEFORE USING OR EDITING IT WITH ANY SAVE EDITORS

Untitled-4.png

4. Although the save type given by NO$GBA appears to be the standard (.SAV) file type, all saves created and used by NO$GBA will need to be converted to the proper (.SAV) file type to maximize compatibility with emulators, programs such as PKHeX, and reduce possible errors you may encounter. You can convert your save file using the save converter tool found here.

DraStic:

1. Either plug your Android device into your computer or open a file browser on your Android device

2. Navigate to the "DraStic" folder on your Android device (normally located on the device memory not the SD-Card)

Untitled-5.png

3. Open the "DraStic" folder. Then open the "backup" folder

Untitled-6.png

4. Inside the "backup" folder should be your save files.

5. MAKE A BACKUP OF THIS FILE BEFORE USING OR EDITING IT WITH ANY SAVE EDITORS.

Untitled-7.png

4. While this type of save file (.DSV) is supported by PKHeX, it is highly recommended to convert your save to the standard (.SAV) file type to maximize compatibility and reduce possible errors you may encounter. You can convert your save file using the save converter tool found here.

View full tutorial

• 1 year later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 5/18/2018 at 8:53 AM, NinFanBoyFTW said:
  • Previous Page
  • 4. While this type of save file (.DSV) is supported by PKHeX, it is highly recommended to convert your save to the standard (.SAV) file type to maximize compatibility and reduce possible errors you may encounter. You can convert your save file using the save converter tool found ...

Guys I'm sorry for the question but I looked everywhere in the forum and I can't seem to find out... I just downloaded the save converter but what is the format I have to choose among the ones provided by the converter in order to get the standard SAV file? Is it Raw Format? Does this work to convert from DeSmuMe to No$gba? Thanks

• 3 months later...

Tengo una duda. Quiero usar el PKhex en emulador No $ ba para Pokemon Blanco 2, pero cuando quiero cargar el .SAV me dice: Tamaño de archivo no soportado. Revise al respecto, encuentre en la sección de preguntas frecuentes que para juegos de cuarta generación los archivos deben estar en formato de 4 Megabits (512 KB), así que utilicé el convertidor de guardado (Lo descargué de aquí mismo), y convertí el archivo , pero al cargarlo me dice: Archivo invalidado.  

Tengo PKhex versión 2018 y 2020. En ambos me ocurre lo mismo. Alguien sabe como puedo solucionar el problema? Agradezco de antemano. 

Sin título.png

Edited by Romario98
Error Ortográfico

• 2 years later...

Once I edit my save, how can I put it back onto my android device and use it?

For example, I edited my heartgold save on DraStic, but I still can't access it.

If I remove the original save the game starts from the beginning, but if I don't then it only recognizes the original save without any changes made.