Using PKHeX: Adding Pokemon Cries to PKHeX

This guide will show you how to add the Pokemon cry sounds into PKHeX. With this feature, every time you hover over a Pokemon in PKHeX, it's cry will play.

1. In the same folder that PKHeX is located, create a new folder called "sounds"

Untitled-1.png

2. Place your Pokemon cries into the "sounds" folder. Make sure the cries are in the ".wav" format with the following naming format.

1.wav = Bulbasaur

649.wav = Genesect

Pokemon with different cries for alternate forms are

492.wav = Shaymin

492-1.wav = Shaymin Sky Form

Untitled-2.png

3. Open PKHeX and verify that the cries are being played properly by hovering your mouse cursor over a Pokemon in any box. If the cry does not play, verify that you are running the latest build of PKHeX. Also verify that the "Play PKM Slot Cry on Hover" setting is turned on by going to "Options>>Settings"

Untitled-3.png

Untitled-4.png

View full tutorial

• 4 months later...

I have the 09/11/2018 version of PKHeX, and when I hover over an alternate form for a Pokemon, its default cry will play instead of its intended cry (e.g. Landorus-Incarnate's cry playing when I hover over Landorus-Therian). I double-checked my sounds folder and confirmed that Landorus-Incarnate's cry is "645" and Landorus-Therian's cry is "645-1". Are there any other naming stipulations I have to do in this update?

• 2 years later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 11/14/2020 at 10:13 AM, Temnelc said:

This is kind of a stupid question, but is there some download link for all the pokémon cries to put in the "sounds" folder?

did you ever find some .wav files that are already set

Edited by KingCoby

• 8 months later...
On 11/30/2020 at 2:03 PM, KingCoby said:

did you ever find some .wav files that are already set

I scraped almost every pokemon cry from pokemoncries.com save for ultra beasts, and the gen 8 dlc legendaries. There's a readme file included in this zip that tells you which dex numbers are missing. I also couldn't find a source for alternate form cries unfortunately.

There's both old cries (gen 6 updated every previous generation's pokemon cry, so the old-cries folder has those) and (almost) every updated pokemon cry in the new-cries folder. The wav files are already properly named.

pokemon-cries.zip

• 2 years later...