TM Moves!

Myume

So, being all crazy about Pokemon and all, I have double copies of played Pokemon Pearl. This means I have a double set of TMs! I thought I should use them and make some Pokemon more powerful. Does anyone have a link of a good site specifically telling you what is a good move?

Or does anyone have any tips for Pokemon that are good to use TMs with..

I'm specifically interested in everyone's view on Mew, Luxray, Shaymin and Glaceon.

Hmm. Possibly Smogon tells you good moves that help you out in competitive battling?

But if you want to create a capturing team like i have, which Pokemon has moves that would help greatly in catching a certain Pokemon, like giving Scizor False Swipe, or Status Inducers.

BTW with Pokesav your able to have all TMs.:biggrin:

Hmm. Possibly Smogon tells you good moves that help you out in competitive battling?

But if you want to create a capturing team like i have, which Pokemon has moves that would help greatly in catching a certain Pokemon, like giving Scizor False Swipe, or Status Inducers.

BTW with Pokesav your able to have all TMs.:biggrin:

Smogon? Is that a website? Or maybe a person xP

I mean like, I have for example a breeded Glaceon and his stats are a little higher, all IVs over 20. So perhaps a certaiN TM would make him a little bit cooler. And with that naturally stronger in battle.

Yeah I know, haha, but to me PokeSav is cheating. I usually only use the software to easilly check stats of my newborns and when I didn't like the sex of my trainer.

Pokesav is kinda cheating, but it saves a lot of time when trying to train up your Pokemon. And Smogon is a website.

Well yeah I think it is kind of.. but somehow I still approve of it, like you said for those reasons, makes life a little easier.

I figured, I googled it and found the website, thanks for the tip!

Pokesav is considered Hacking

Not sure if 'Cheating' is the word but I guess it still works

Everyone uses Smogon sets... it gets a little overused?

Here's a set I made for my Glaceon:

Nature: Timid

EV's: 216 Special Attack, 252 Speed and 42 HP

Item: Icy Rock/Salac Berry

Moves:

Hail/Shadow Ball

Blizzard

Mirror Coat

Hidden Power (Ground Type)

This is mainly based on a Hail Team which I used when against the Battle Tower, it helped me alot, though i'm not sure how it'll perform into competitive battling. If you have an Abomasnow on your team or something else that has Hail on your team, then have Glaceon to know Shadow Ball, however if you don't have anything for Hail support in your team, let Glaceon learn Hail.

This team worked well because it learnt to repel its weaknesses in the Battle Tower (again, don't know how good it will be in competitive battling). Glaceon has four weaknesses: Fire, Fighting, Steel and Rock. Hidden Power (Ground) can counter three of those types but leaving fighting behind. But thereotically, you should be able to outspeed most fighting types and hopefully 1HKO them.

If you are planning to have Hail Support in your team, get Glaceon to hold Salac Berry so it can outspeed its opponent during some situation. If the Hail Support isn't an Abomasnow, get that pokemon to hold the Icy Rock. If you have no Hail support in your team, then get Glaceon to hold Icy Rock to prolong the hail.

Thank you for your detailed post!

Hacking does sound like a more suitable word for it.

I guess I should think about what I want out of my team before I decide the rest. It seems like the smartest way to have them work together than make them all strong by themselves and then pairing them. You go from one day thinking it's only about catching them all.. Pokemon just gets more and more fun.

Myume, another thing to consider is this:

If the male parent knows a TM or HM move and the baby can learn that same TM or HM, the baby will be born with that move. Also, if a genderless parent knows a TM or HM move when it breeds with Ditto, the baby will be born with that TM or HM move as well. For example, if you want a Swampert that knows the move Ice Beam, and you don't have Ice Beam as a TM, you can breed your Swampert with a male Dewgong that knows Ice Beam.

Not only that, but since Dewgong learns Ice Beam as a level up move, this same logic applies there too.

So think about that before placing your TMs. In general though, any TM can have use. Ingame, everything works and I promise you that, but competitively, check out this website:

http://www.smogon.com/

Myume, another thing to consider is this:

If the male parent knows a TM or HM move and the baby can learn that same TM or HM, the baby will be born with that move. Also, if a genderless parent knows a TM or HM move when it breeds with Ditto, the baby will be born with that TM or HM move as well. For example, if you want a Swampert that knows the move Ice Beam, and you don't have Ice Beam as a TM, you can breed your Swampert with a male Dewgong that knows Ice Beam.

Not only that, but since Dewgong learns Ice Beam as a level up move, this same logic applies there too.

So think about that before placing your TMs. In general though, any TM can have use. Ingame, everything works and I promise you that, but competitively, check out this website:

http://www.smogon.com/

Thank you, I did actually know this but for some reason didn't think of it at all. I suppose most people play the game with their Pokemon and then decides their favorites etc and then breeed/recatch/trade a new one and THEN do the EV training and TMs and such? Battletrainers that is..?

Thank you, I did actually know this but for some reason didn't think of it at all. I suppose most people play the game with their Pokemon and then decides their favorites etc and then breeed/recatch/trade a new one and THEN do the EV training and TMs and such? Battletrainers that is..?

That seems to be the general pattern.

Another thing to note is that the vast majority of competitively viable TM moves are available multiple times. Mainly the holy trinity of Flamethrower/Tbolt/Ice Beam, available from the Game Corner. They cost an unreasonable amount, but you can easily make enough with some Amulet Coin Vs. Seeker farming.

That seems to be the general pattern.

Another thing to note is that the vast majority of competitively viable TM moves are available multiple times. Mainly the holy trinity of Flamethrower/Tbolt/Ice Beam, available from the Game Corner. They cost an unreasonable amount, but you can easily make enough with some Amulet Coin Vs. Seeker farming.

Well then it makes more sense to me, for some reason I used to have the idea that everyone used their original Pokemon.. but it's kind of impossible to EV train them as you use them to complete the game.

Is that so? Then maybe TMs aren't as limited as I thought. I'm thinking it would be fun to make a team and do some battles, take it to the next level you know ; D

Thank you a lot!