Managing 3DS Saves: Using Checkpoint

I have a physical copy of Alpha Sapphire, and then I have an installed CIA of it as well. I have the physical game's save backed up. Is there any way to have the installed 'version' load the same save file (so I don't have to have the physical copy in)? I can't find any videos about it, and checkpoint doesn't seem to have that functionality.

UPDATE: I was able to do it with JKSM no problem.

Edited by sowby911

• 4 weeks later...

im trying to get my edits to save and show on my 3ds games but i have no idea if what im doing is correct. i save it to the checkpoint save file and replace it with the edited file but it does not show up ingame. i tried using a finished game and an unstarted game to test to see what the issue is but they both turned up the same way. forgive me if its something easy to resolve and im just being slow 😅

On 6/7/2022 at 4:37 AM, violentbuns said:

im trying to get my edits to save and show on my 3ds games but i have no idea if what im doing is correct. i save it to the checkpoint save file and replace it with the edited file but it does not show up ingame. i tried using a finished game and an unstarted game to test to see what the issue is but they both turned up the same way. forgive me if its something easy to resolve and im just being slow 😅

Did you restore your save file with Checkpoint once you have replaced it?

• 1 month later...

Could anyone help me? I think something is having trouble at the very last step... 

I'm trying to move my Crystal cart save to the virtual console using the checkpoint way and when I replace the save file on my SD card and try to load up the game I get: "The game data is corrupted it will now be initialized."

I have read that the secure value should be deleted because sometimes that causes this but I did delete that. Nothing seems to change. I have dang near a shiny living dex on my crystal I just want to move to VC because I spent hundreds of hours farming eggs haha. 

• 1 year later...
2 hours ago, IdkTBHSoWhyNot said:

I got the file from a person I trust on discord and I am on mac so I need to go on my PC later to extract

Looking at the file name:

581D54DA-8C3D-4188-92B4-B46924CD4FE9.jpeg

it is probably taken from RoC PC.
extract the rar, and you’ll probably see a ton of files and folders.

Go into the folder for savedata

6798851F-3440-4824-9ED1-C16073E7E12A.jpeg

Extract the save, rename it as main, then use it.