The "I got bored on Shoddy" team (OU-Sandstorm-ish)

So after using the same 3-4 teams (only one of them was really unique, the other 3 were variants with the same premise), I decided to re-construct a Wi-Fi Sandstorm team I used....but from memory.

Aerodactyl (M) @ Focus Sash

Ability: Pressure

EVs: 6 HP/252 Atk/252 Spd

Jolly nature (+Spd, -SAtk)

- Taunt

- Stealth Rock

- Toxic

- Earthquake

Nothing fancy here. I chose Toxic over Stone Edge to help wear down foes such as Swampert. Stone Edge just seemed to never get used, while I'm at least sometimes able to Toxic.

The biggest challenge with this lead is against Crobat and Azelf and other Aerodactyls. With Crobat, I tend to switch out. With suicide leads, I hope for the speed tie and SR right away. Against Fake Out Ape, I SR first and anything else I get to do is a bonus.

Breloom (M) @ Toxic Orb

Ability: Poison Heal

Adamant nature (+Atk, -SAtk)

- Spore

- Substitute

- Leech Seed

- Focus Punch

After testing out Seed Bomb over Leech Seed, I stuck with the standard set. At 212 speed EVs, would I still be able to outspeed most Swamperts and Suicunes?

Leech Seed REALLY helps if paired up with a Toxic from Aerodactyl, or recovering health for Curse-Tar.

Tyranitar (M) @ Leftovers

Ability: Sand Stream

EVs: 252 HP/46 Atk/212 SpDef

Careful nature (+SDef, -SAtk)

- Curse

- Substitute

- Crunch

- Fire Punch

The star of the team. I come in on something that's dying or hates T-Tar (I'm really enjoying the increased usage of Psychic that I'm seeing when using the Sinnoh Lake trio and on Scarf/Specs Starmie), Sub up, and see what happens.

With Yawn on Vaporeon and Spore on Breloom, I also get a good number of chances to set up on what would otherwise be a threat to Tyranitar (Gyarados).

And in an added bit of hilarity, I finally figured out why it sucked so much at taking special attacks. I accidentally assigned all sp Def EVs into sp atk.

I'm also testing out Brick Break over Fire Punch, since it'll give me a neutral hit on Scizor, x2 on Heatran, and x4 on other Tyranitars. However, even with that, it also means I lose a good hit on Starmie, Gengar, and also the 20% drop in defense.

Vaporeon (M) @ Leftovers

Ability: Water Absorb

EVs: 252 HP/128 Def/128 SAtk

Bold nature (+Def, -Atk)

- Yawn

- Surf

- Ice Beam

- Protect

I've never been big on Wish Passing, but Yawn passing is just fine with me. I'm having a bit of trouble directly countering Gyarados, so I think I'll be testing out HP Electric over Ice Beam.

Scizor (M) @ Choice Band

Ability: Technician

EVs: 252 HP/252 Atk/6 SDef

- Bullet Punch

- U-turn

- Superpower

- Pursuit

First time using this baby and I can see why everyone loves it.

I'm not getting as much usage out of Pursuit as I'd really like, but every now and then it helps me finish off a switching out Blissey, Starmie, or Gengar. Maybe I should test out Bug Bite or Knock Off?

Claydol @ Leftovers

Ability: Levitate

EVs: 128 Def/252 HP/128 SDef

Bold nature (+Def, -Atk)

- Rapid Spin

- Light Screen

- Earth Power

- Reflect

Basically my spinner. Spikes/Toxic Spikes can be quite annoying, and I figured this d00d would be best for the job on a sand team. He gets to set up screens too, sometimes, and covers fighting weakness. But with Aero basically stopping Roselia setting up Toxic Spikes, I'm not sure how much I really need this. Otherwise I'd love to throw Bronzong into the mix.

This team is winning a fair number of battles, but I think it could be improved. Here's my run down so far:

Status absorbing has multiple checks. After Breloom is poisoned it has nothing to worry about and can come in on any status. Tyranitar with a sub also provides a check. Finally, Vaporeon can scout out status with Protect. In addition to that, Claydol can take on Thunderwaves.

I'm having more trouble than I thought with Gengar. Scizor can come in and finish it off if it's Specsed or Scarfed, but Life Orbed can fire off shadow ball and finish it with Focus Blast. For this reason, I'm seriously considering switching Vaporeon out for Dusknoir, which would also give me a handy spin blocker. Any suggestions for a set?

EDIT: I apologize for the wall-of-text but I'm not feeling very creative right now.

Also, link to the SPPF RMT: link

Scizor (M) @ Choice Band

- Bullet Punch

- U-turn

- Superpower

- Pursuit

I believe you are mistaken. . . everyone HATES Scizor. xD

The team looks very well-constructed though.

Hehe, ill do this one since the team looks cool.

Aerodactyl (M) @ Focus Sash

Ability: Pressure

- Taunt

- Stealth Rock

- Toxic

- Earthquake

Nothing fancy here. I chose Toxic over Stone Edge to help wear down foes such as Swampert. Stone Edge just seemed to never get used, while I'm at least sometimes able to Toxic.

The biggest challenge with this lead is against Crobat and Azelf and other Aerodactyls. With Crobat, I tend to switch out. With suicide leads, I hope for the speed tie and SR right away. Against Fake Out Ape, I SR first and anything else I get to do is a bonus.

Nothing fancy you say? hohoho i disagree! Thats actually a very well thought of lead mah friend. Poor Aero loses out to bulky leads like swampert and gliscor......which are a huge pain the butt later on. I think, since most always attack you rather than setting up SR means you can forgo Taunt for something else. But i cant find anything else more useful so i think Taunt will help stop mono setuppers. Toxic cuts their life span in half and makes the seemingly defenseless aero a real team player before it goes down. Metagross and ScarfJirachi leads are actually the ONLY pain here if you ask me. You cant hurt other aero leads so thats a slight problem. Crobat is not that common. Overall id say its an Excellent lead which im gonna try out for sure :).

Breloom (M) @ Toxic Orb

Ability: Poison Heal

Adamant nature (+Atk, -SAtk)

- Spore

- Substitute

- Leech Seed

- Focus Punch

After testing out Seed Bomb over Leech Seed, I stuck with the standard set. At 212 speed EVs, would I still be able to outspeed most Swamperts and Suicunes?

Leech Seed REALLY helps if paired up with a Toxic from Aerodactyl, or recovering health for Curse-Tar.

No problem here, standard Breloom set and still recovers health equal to leftovers in the sand so its all good.

EVs: 252 HP/46 Atk/212 SpDef

Careful nature (+SDef, -SAtk)

- Curse

- Substitute

- Crunch

- Fire Punch

The star of the team. I come in on something that's dying or hates T-Tar (I'm really enjoying the increased usage of Psychic that I'm seeing when using the Sinnoh Lake trio and on Scarf/Specs Starmie), Sub up, and see what happens.

With Yawn on Vaporeon and Spore on Breloom, I also get a good number of chances to set up on what would otherwise be a threat to Tyranitar (Gyarados).

And in an added bit of hilarity, I finally figured out why it sucked so much at taking special attacks. I accidentally assigned all sp Def EVs into sp atk.

I'm also testing out Brick Break over Fire Punch, since it'll give me a neutral hit on Scizor, x2 on Heatran, and x4 on other Tyranitars. However, even with that, it also means I lose a good hit on Starmie, Gengar, and also the 20% drop in defense.

Hmm, i dont think a set with both Sub AND Curse is gonna last long. With sub you need to attack more...and with setup you need a quick healing move. If the opponent keeps up the pressure, your tar is gonna go down quick. I strongly suggest you switch it to either the TyraniBoah or the Standard curse restalk tyranitar set with CRUNCH rather than Payback so you dont lose too much PP. Boah can be more helpful since it can work during any point in the game. Its a great wall breaker and can lure and remove things like Lucario, Scizor and Gliscor from your way so your scizor can do some sweeping. This set is better for the current case imo

EVs: 252 HP/6 Atk/28 Spd/224 SAtk

Quiet nature (+SAtk, -Spd)

- Substitute

- Focus Punch

- Flamethrower

- Ice Beam

The special attack investment gives you some real power to take out skarmory ,bronzong, jirachi and metagross. Ice beam ohkos Gliscor and 2hkos Hippowdon with ease. Does quite a lot to flyers who cant really do much back to this beast. Focus punch will easily ohko blissey, snorlax and other tars. You laugh at heatran. 28 speed EVs allow you to beat blisseys that only put a single point in their speed by one point......or none so you out pace them by two points and can get the sub up on their face. With all the support your providing it i think its safe to go on the heavy offensive rather than setting up and falling flat on your face.

If you want it to be more defensive and a great late game finisher youd be better off with Cursetar with CURSE, REST, SLEEP TALK and CRUNCH. The EVs your allready running will do nicely.

Vaporeon (M) @ Leftovers

Ability: Water Absorb

EVs: 252 HP/128 Def/128 SAtk

Bold nature (+Def, -Atk)

- Yawn

- Surf

- Ice Beam

- Protect

I've never been big on Wish Passing, but Yawn passing is just fine with me. I'm having a bit of trouble directly countering Gyarados, so I think I'll be testing out HP Electric over Ice Beam.

Allright another relatively good set. I think you might wanna Max out Vappys defenses as well, since it cant take the ridiculously powered hits. Switch Ice beam, since the dragons will deal too heavy a hit for vappy to recover.....and it doesnt even have a recovery move....that too in a sandstom...seriously? Switch Yawn for Wish and Ice beam for HP Electric. HP Elec works way better and makes a fine gyara counter. Spore is allready present so if you play Breloom right your gonna get a poke to sleep no problem. Vappy really needs all the health it can get =/.

Scizor (M) @ Choice Band

- Bullet Punch

- U-turn

- Superpower

- Pursuit

I'm not getting as much usage out of Pursuit as I'd really like, but every now and then it helps me finish off a switching out Blissey, Starmie, or Gengar. Maybe I should test out Bug Bite or Knock Off?

You merely jest! Surely this isnt your FIRST time using Scizor the "oh most used pokemon of all". Yeah yeah its a good poke and fits into any team with ease. Pursuit is still usefull for taking out choice locked psychics and non choice locked ones as well. Its even more needed since tar isnt using a Dark type move if you run Boah. Yes yes there are many lovers and haters of scizor out there. My opinion? I dont really mind it since anything i can counter....i usually like it, but since Zor is everywhere its a pretty bland and boring pokemon.

Claydol @ Leftovers

Ability: Levitate

EVs: 128 Def/252 HP/128 SDef

Bold nature (+Def, -Atk)

- Rapid Spin

- Light Screen

- Earth Power

- Reflect

Basically my spinner. Spikes/Toxic Spikes can be quite annoying, and I figured this d00d would be best for the job on a sand team. He gets to set up screens too, sometimes, and covers fighting weakness. But with Aero basically stopping Roselia setting up Toxic Spikes, I'm not sure how much I really need this. Otherwise I'd love to throw Bronzong into the mix.

This team is winning a fair number of battles, but I think it could be improved. Here's my run down so far:

Status absorbing has multiple checks. After Breloom is poisoned it has nothing to worry about and can come in on any status. Tyranitar with a sub also provides a check. Finally, Vaporeon can scout out status with Protect. In addition to that, Claydol can take on Thunderwaves.

I'm having more trouble than I thought with Gengar. Scizor can come in and finish it off if it's Specsed or Scarfed, but Life Orbed can fire off shadow ball and finish it with Focus Blast. For this reason, I'm seriously considering switching Vaporeon out for Dusknoir, which would also give me a handy spin blocker. Any suggestions for a set?

Yeah it works pretty well. You cant hope to get the screens up everytime...what with all the scizors running around.... phat chance. The screens would help your Original tar set, sure, but you need LOADS of time to set the whole thing up. Im Surprised how LO Gengar is giving you troubles. Bullet bunch will take it out swiftly since you know its gonna stay in.

The sand is NOT doing anything here. You dont have Toxic on something bulky (though that toxic aero lead is absolutely ridiculous:eek:) so theres nothing that can use it well and stall things out. Vaporeon will die off really soon.

Whoa im doing the weakness and threats section after all THAT! xD

Gyara gyara gyara!!! After a single DD its unstoppable. Aero CANNOT stop it even if its alive. Water attacks destroy everything, ice takes out breloom and vaporeon cant heal or hit it back hard enough. HP electric and wish solves that.

Bulky waters will give quite a lotta trouble. CroCune will be a pain since you cannot phaze it out. Other vaporeon and starmies will also take this entire team down if breloom is down.....Starmie doesnt even care about breloom.

Classic mence will rip this team apart. Switching in, roosting off SR damage and maiming stuff with Draco Meteor. Tar dies to Brick break with ease, Flamethrower kills breloom and scizor.

Overall a good team. The boah i suggested can help against Dragons better but its up to you.