Code for switching Yancy/Curtis (BW2)

Mario 3d

Is there a code that makes it so that you can switch Yancy and Curtis? For example, having Yancy when playing as a female. If it doesn't exist, how hard would it be to make? It wouldn't hurt to make it if it would be easy ;)

1 hour ago, Mario 3d said:

Is there a code that makes it so that you can switch Yancy and Curtis? For example, having Yancy when playing as a female. If it doesn't exist, how hard would it be to make? It wouldn't hurt to make it if it would be easy ;)

I think the guys that made AR codes haven't been around for quite awhile.

additionally, given that it's meant to follow trainer gender, might be tedious to do the swap,
especially if the research hasn't been done into it.

I'll say the best way is to find out where yancy and curtis event flags are stored in the save.

• Like 1

Now that I think about it, an effective but blunt way to achieve this would be to swap all of Curtis and Yancy's dialogue and sprites, essentially turning one into the other and vice versa. However, that would be ROM hacking at that point. Still, that's a last resort. Would be great to see if it's easier than that.

Edited by Mario 3d

5 hours ago, BlackShark said:

To begin try swapping your trainer gender. If this swaps Yancy/Curtis then there's no other way, if it doesn't then there's a flag somewhere that determines with whom you can trade.

Pretty sure I've read somewhere that swapping gender does indeed swap them.