Use Pkhex on Wine emulator+android system

Don't know if this is the right section,if not please place in the most suitable space.

I would know if was possible load pkhex on Wine and if yes how do that.I seen an old page always on projectpkmn about this point and was possible,but I would like to test on android system.
Today I tried to run it on my tablet but everytime I did it an error occured.

Any advice?dotnet to install and so on

13 minutes ago, PokemonKing99 said:

I seen this app time ago on playstore but it is outdated and can't work on 9.5 firmwares and above.
I would like to load the official pkhex.exe from wine and use it on my smartphone

This is an old thread about use pkhex on linux using wine:

I don't know if from android I've the same potential,but now wine is improved and so maybe is compatible also here

Edited by RedOrb Sapphire
  • Like 1

25 minutes ago, jasenyoface said:

Look at these links. I believe you’ll find some relevant information. 

Thank you.I don't know if this is exactly the same if I transported the guide on my case.I think to try an emulator to use x86 architecture and not arm which seem the less usefull for this work.
Shall I see the newest between the two guides or are them different?

3 hours ago, codemonkey85 said:

No doubt a lot of work would go into redoing the UI, but I imagine the core logic would port right over. Best bet is to try something like Xamarin, which is built right into Visual Studio now.

Most of the save editing logic is in a .Net Standard Library, which can be used directly by Xamarin. The UI adjustment is the only thing that would need doing.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 5/2/2018 at 9:14 AM, RedOrb Sapphire said:

Don't know if this is the right section,if not please place in the most suitable space.

I would know if was possible load pkhex on Wine and if yes how do that.I seen an old page always on projectpkmn about this point and was possible,but I would like to test on android system.
Today I tried to run it on my tablet but everytime I did it an error occured.

Any advice?dotnet to install and so on

Hey, I have it working on ubuntu artful 17.10

You need 32bit wine

How I did it:

1. Delete/move your 64 bit .wine folder if wine is installed

2. Enable 32 bit architecture

dpkg --add-architecture i386

apt-get update
apt-get install libc6:i386 libstdc++6:i386

3. Install wine if not already installed

4. Install winetricks

5. In terminal: export WINEARCH=win32

6. Run wine

7. Download pkhex and run with wine (not the mono version but if you continue to have issues with wine then using the mono version is another option)

Edit: Almost forgot about installing .net

1. Run winetricks and choose "select the defualt wineprefix"

2. choose install a windows dll or component

3. choose .net 4.5

Hope this works for you, if it doesn't I'll boot from a live disk and double check the steps

Edited by YourFavoriteNeko

• 2 years later...

So im running a chromebook with crossover (lets you install and run .exe files for windows through wine) and ive got as far as having PkHeX show up as an application but any time i try and launch it it immediatly closes. I know that this is an old thread im just wondering if anyone was in the same boat as me and found a workaround.

17 hours ago, kav4455 said:

So im running a chromebook with crossover (lets you install and run .exe files for windows through wine) and ive got as far as having PkHeX show up as an application but any time i try and launch it it immediatly closes. I know that this is an old thread im just wondering if anyone was in the same boat as me and found a workaround.

Did you install dotnet with winetricks?

I've done some research, and it seems you don't need winetricks. .NET Framework 4.6(not sure if 4.6.1 or 4.6.2) is required for PKHeX to work properly.

I didn't find anything for installing .NET Framework on Crossover, not sure if you can just download the setup from Microsoft and use it right away.

• 2 months later...
On 5/3/2018 at 3:45 PM, codemonkey85 said:

PKHeX is open-source. Anyone could figure out a way to compile it on Android.

No doubt a lot of work would go into redoing the UI, but I imagine the core logic would port right over. Best bet is to try something like Xamarin, which is built right into Visual Studio now.

https://github.com/kwsch/PKHeX

But how can one use Xamarin in order to make PkHex.Mobile work?

• Like 1