There are a lot of things that are randomized, but not too much to completely break pokemon, or pokemon nuzlockling. I DARE SOMEONE TO NUZLOCKE THIS, especially if you are a youtuber, if you can beat this in a Nuzlocke, and I mean Traditional Nuzlocke rules, no adding any of this new age crud, I will put you in the credits of this game, but you have to film everything. I also encourage everyone to play on SET. This game will be hard, but it will not be impossible, that is something we strive to accomplish. This Game is a Hybrid between an Extreme Randomizer, like Ttar's, and a Difficulty hack, like Dio vento's or Drayono's hacks.

The Full game is out now! Version v1.1 is out Now!

Things that are Randomzied:
Level-Up Moves(60% Of It Is STAB Moves)
Wild Encounters
Egg moves
Trainers have randomized teams, except for important trainers, like Hau, the kahuna's, the Elite Four, Plumeria, Title Defense Battles, etc. These important trainers will have hand crafted teams.
Abilities will be randomized to an extent. For important pokemon in the game, like starters, customs, legendaries, etc. will be customized and not randomized.
Important trainer's will have beneficial nature's and stats

It is planned that we have title defense challengers as Poketubers with their 6 favorite Pokemon, for example TKN(thekingnappy) will have his Gengar, shadypenguin with his pokemon, and Nexus with his Magcargo, teams more or less like that, we are for sure going to have TKN as a title defense challenger, not sure about the other two.

This game will have an original story, and it will not be the kind of story you are used to seeing in pokemon. It will be a dark, unsettling kind of story.

This game will have custom music, all of which is remixed music from previous installments in the pokemon franchise, and a couple will be from other video games, song credits are included with every .rar file we will post, so that we make sure that any song that we use, has credits to the original creator of the individual song, along with which songs replace which tracks in the game. There are over 100 new songs in total to replace all of the old ones. So all you music lovers out there are going to be able to listen to music that will please your ears every step of the way.

We are also adding custom clothing and the like, so we will be having all of the previous generations enemy team outfits. Example: Rocket outfit, Magma outfit, Aqua Outfit, Plasma outfit, etc.

Note: All legendaries will have new textures and some will even have new typings. We even have a whole slew of new Alolan forms and various shadow pokemon. You will be able to catch every legendary in the game, without having to need the other version of the game. It's really just a preference of which version you like more.

Zygarde will be much harder to catch. I'm not kidding, good luck catching him.

We have a new pokeball, named the Dark Ball, for catching shadow mons in. It is re textured over the Beast ball. So if you want an extra challenge, catch all of the new Shadow mons in the Dark balls. And yes, they act the same way that the normal beasts balls do. So Dark beasts will be easier to catch, and all other pokemon, it will just act like a normal pokeball.

New Ideas are welcome, but we won't be implementing any of the community requested stuff until we are finished with all of our currently planned stuff first.

To play on console you must have a Custom Firmware 3ds with Luma installed on it

Luma files:

Pokemon Reaper sun for luma 3ds cfw layered fs v1.1(Ultra Sun hack) : -Find elsewhere-

Pokemon Nightmare moon for luma 3ds cfw layered fs v1.1(Ultra Moon Hack): -Find elsewhere-

Go to GBA temp and look for the forum under the same name for the downloads

If you are looking for other versions of the hack, they will be located in our discord server. Please get the other files from our discord if you don't intend on playing on console.

Our public Discord link [Not allowed to post discord links anymore]

To everyone: I moved this page from the old one, because that one was posted and edited by the previous leader Pixel, so I am moving the thread because it has too much outdated information, and on this new one, I will be able to edit it as I please, thank you for understanding.
OLD THREAD LINK: [Why was this one even removed? It didn't even have any download links..]
Use google to find the romhacks as we aren't allowed to post any links to anything anymore.
by The Pokemon Nightmare Project team

16.png

21.png

22.png

23.png5ae942299ed01_Screenshot(159).thumb.png.b95244b8b1be55972ed6b4553567f9d6.png

Screenshot (160).png

Screenshot (161).png

Shadow Ho-oh.png

Untitled.png

untitled2.png

Untitled3.png

1.png

4.png

6.png

7.png

9.png

11.png

13.png

15.png

Nightmare_moon_logo.png

Reaper_sun_logo.png

The_Nightmare_Project.png

Unleash the Power of the Shadow Pokemon, teaser fight for Beta Guzma, he gets Destroyed by Shadow Groudon:

The_Nightmare_Nuzlocke_Rules.txt

Edited by darklink1010
Full release
  • Like 3

• 1 month later...

Hello Pokefans , im running luma 9.0 with bs9 and put the game id folder in title, enabled rom patching but still don get the nightmare vetsion when i start the game =( i would really love to play ur game sine vanilla is so boring, please help ?

Version v1.1 Released Now
Version 1.1 - Fixed Eevee's not being able to evolve as you couldn't "use" the required items on them. They now level whilst holding the items instead. - Fixed Plumeria's level 72 Pokémon the first time you meet her, sorry about that one Nuzlockers. - Ilima's teams are now consistently the custom team as opposed to changing drastically to random teams depending on your starter. - Updated Soleria and Dulse's teams. - Actually added hidden level 100 Blisseys to spots around the game. - Changed how Riolu evolves to be darker. - Added mega stones to beach medicine shops. - Added adreneline orbs to pokemarts at all levels. - Hopefully fixed the shop crash, but do remember to save before entering the shop just in case. 

Pokemon Reaper sun for luma 3ds cfw layered fs v1.1(Ultra Sun hack): -link removed, as it contains files from the rom-

Pokemon Nightmare moon for luma 3ds cfw layered fs v1.1(Ultra Moon Hack): -link removed, as it contains files from the rom-

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Like you're also waiting for great rom hackers like Dio and Drayono(the two people with the biggest names in pokemon romhacking) to re-upload their files. Which probably isn't going to happen because the format you ask us to deliver the rom hacks in is ludicrous. In the end, it's going to be your own loss for driving your community into the ground. Your new rules are stupid and out right offensive to the people who have put so much effort into their creations, and yes, I'm posting this public, sue me. Also, I feel like you guys only changed the rules to push forward your stupid patcher to try and shove it down our throats, it's not working if you can't tell. I've triedd to be civil with you guys, but what you're doing is scummy in every sense of the word.

• Like 1
  • Amazed 1

The links has been removed, as it contains files from roms.

Awaiting @darklink1010 to reupload the appropriate files.

We're not going to reupload them, it's not worth our time with your tool. You've shut down every 3DS hack on the web, to promote some shitty tool that doesn't work. You've pushed it far enough, and we're all sick of it. If you have an issue, deal with it. It is in no way illegal to upload modded 3DS romFS files for our hack, as you can't even build the game itself without the missing ones. If you want, get another moderator in here. We're not going to listen to 1 person telling us to use their tool. Hell, do you even have proof that it works with 3DS? As 1.It uses XDelta patches which are made almost entirely for NDS roms, and 2. For as long as you've been pushing Darklink to do this, you haven't even shown him proof. At the rate it is now, I don't even know how you're a mod. 

We worked our asses off for almost a year on this, and we didn't do it just for us to be shut down. We appreciate you noticing us tho :P

• Like 1
  • Amazed 1

Don't respond to criticism by deleting it mods, it's very unprofessional of you, and very disrespectful. So I would thank you not to do it again, and actually address this criticism instead of trying to get rid of any existence or trace of it. Running away from the problem that you started isn't an effective way of solving it.

Spoiler

Screenshot (365).png

Screenshot (366).png

Screenshot (367).png

Screenshot (369).png

Screenshot (370).png

Screenshot (364).png

Edited by evandixon
Put the pictures in a spoiler
  • Like 2

17 hours ago, darklink1010 said:

Don't respond to criticism by deleting it mods, it's very unprofessional of you, and very disrespectful. So I would thank you not to do it again, and actually address this criticism instead of trying to get rid of any existence or trace of it. Running away from the problem that you started isn't an effective way of solving it.

Screenshot (365).png

Screenshot (366).png

Screenshot (367).png

Screenshot (369).png

Screenshot (370).png

Screenshot (364).png

Erm, while I can see where your sentiment on "running away from the problem" came from,
maybe it was deleted because your original response wasn't constructive criticism, but was likened to baseless slander?
I don't know the reasoning behind it's deletion, so I can't answer you regarding that (I'm clearly not a mind reader);
I wasn't the one that deleted those responses (if it wasn't clear).

Still, I got to stand by the person who deleted it. The responses above doesn't seem professional, civil nor mature to me.
In any case, yeah, I am waiting for the stuff to be re-uploaded. I don't see any reason for them not to be.
I don't play rom hacks but I understand why other people enjoy them, so yeah, I would like it if people uploaded files that don't break the rules.
(The rules regarding roms has always been there, it's not something new)

If you think it is a hassle to use another tool (and rather use rom files), and prefer not re-upload it cause it's troublesome, then I won't force your hand.

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

17 hours ago, darklink1010 said:

You're right that it's unprofessional to delete criticism, but the posts that were deleted weren't exactly professional themselves, so I'm not going to unhide them. However, I've created a thread that I believe addresses most of the legitimate concerns that were brought up:

If anyone has any questions, comments, or concerns, please create a thread in the Feedback forum. Because this thread is about Nightmare Moon and Reaper Sun, we will remove any new posts that are off-topic.

• Like 1
  • V-Wheeeeeel!!! 1
  • Teary-Eyed 1

31 minutes ago, theSLAYER said:

Erm, while I can see where your sentiment on "running away from the problem" came from,
maybe it was deleted because your original response wasn't constructive criticism, but was likened to baseless slander?
I don't know the reasoning behind it's deletion, so I can't answer you regarding that (I'm clearly not a mind reader);
I wasn't the one that deleted those responses (if it wasn't clear).

Still, I got to stand by the person who deleted it. The responses above doesn't seem professional nor mature to me.
In any case, yeah, I am waiting for the stuff to be re-uploaded. I don't see any reason for them not to be.
I don't play rom hacks but I understand why other people enjoy them, so yeah, I would like it if people uploaded files that don't break the rules.

If you think it is a hassle to use another tool (and rather use rom files), and prefer not re-upload it cause it's troublesome, then I won't force your hand.

Hello there,

Another member of the dev team here, thought I'd make an account to add my voice to this discussion. The initial problem we were having was unfair targeting from the moderator who originally deleted the link to our Rom Hack's files ( you, theSlayer ) which were in the same format as every other Gen 6/7 Rom Hack listed on this forum, something which you'd had no problem with. It was only after we pointed out the disparity in removing our files but leaving the links for something like Supernova Sun/Penumbra Moon up was hypocritical that you removed the links from all Gen 6/7 Rom Hacks listed on the forum. You then began insisting we compress our files with your proprietary program that's both ineffective and difficult for the end user who just wants to play the Rom Hack. You also deleted the links to our discord, presumably because we host links to download the Rom Hack files there too, but you seem to be completely fine with the aforementioned Supernova Sun/Penumbra Moon adding a link to their wordpress that contains links to download the Rom Hack files, the same links previously deleted from their page by you.

I do apologise for the vulgar and unprofessional nature of my team member's posts although I do believe it was somewhat warranted considering the seemingly targeted and unfair response we've had both being initially informed of this sudden change to what's allowed to be posted as well as the follow up for it. I'm unsure how to reply more directly but evandixon we'd like to complain about the unprofessional/unhelpful/hypocritical attitude of your moderator theSlayer in dealing with this issue. Likewise I'll post this in the feedback forum as you've mentioned, but this move to push your compression software has effectively shot yourself in the foot and made it almost impossible for players to actually play Gen6/7 Rom Hacks.

• Like 2

Hello @Foxfire94, welcome officially.

I'm going to try to be concise: you made it sound like it was personal, but it wasn't.
We reviewed rom hacks, checked if they contained rom files, and removed any and all links to them, plain and simple.
(edit: this thread explains why rom files were also deemed not acceptable on our site.)

I can understand being unhappy when you feel that you're being "personally attacked", and probably nothing I can say would convince you otherwise.
As for "deleting discord links", I don't really use Discord (I might participate in General or Pokemon once in a while, but I'm usually on staff chats, so I don't see the common content, so I don't use it in that sense), so I don't know what you're talking about. Maybe you assumed it was me when it was someone else..?

I'm not sure what made you think it's targeted to your group specifically, but I assure you it isn't.
I would like to convince you otherwise, but I don't know what will make you feel so, and I personally doubt I'll be able to.
In any case, have a great day.

Edit: Looks like I misunderstood what you meant by "deleting discord links". I'm leaving my original response up, for transparency sake.
Also, you've brought up a point of other pages linking to their wordpress containing rom files. We'll review that and act accordingly.
In the future, use the Report button on the page to bring the issue to our eyes. Thanks for reporting.

• Confused 2

26 minutes ago, theSLAYER said:

Hello @Foxfire94, welcome officially.

I'm going to try to be concise: you made it sound like it was personal, but it wasn't.
We reviewed rom hacks, checked if they contained rom files, and removed any and all links to them, plain and simple.
(edit: this thread explains why rom files were also deemed not acceptable on our site.)

I can understand being unhappy when you feel that you're being "personally attacked", and probably nothing I can say would convince you otherwise.
As for "deleting discord links", I don't really use Discord (I might participate in General or Pokemon once in a while, but I'm usually on staff chats, so I don't see the common content, so I don't use it in that sense), so I don't know what you're talking about. Maybe you assumed it was me when it was someone else..?

I'm not sure what made you think it's targeted to your group specifically, but I assure you it isn't.
I would like to convince you otherwise, but I don't know what will make you feel so, and I personally doubt I'll be able to.
In any case, have a great day.

Edit: Looks like I misunderstood what you meant by "deleting discord links". I'm leaving my original response up, for transparency sake.
Also, you've brought up a point of other pages linking to their wordpress containing rom files. We'll review that and act accordingly.
In the future, use the Report button on the page to bring the issue to our eyes. Thanks for reporting.

Hello again,

From our experience it certainly seemed personal, especially since no other Rom Hacks were affected in the slightest until we brought up the hypocrisy of deleting our links and leaving other's links intact. If you were reviewing Rom Hacks with this in mind before we had ours reviewed & removed why were the other, now removed, Rom Hacks deemed acceptable?

Your continued tone here is comparable to sneering at this point, you cannot presume to know how we feel nor should you assume we're saying we've been "personally attacked". I simply highlighted that they way in which the events transpired indicated we were the first to be reprimanded for posting our links and it was only when we point out how you were fine with others doing the same that you deleted their links too. Additionally the thread you linked as to why the Rom files are now unacceptable was only posted just over an hour ago as of the time of writing. Such information would've been useful to have known and to have been posted when you first deleted our links, or the links of every other Gen 6/7 Rom hack on your site.

Finally I see it has been nearly half an hour since I informed you about the links to SS/PM being hosted off site and linked in the forum and yet they remain, surely they'd fall under the same ruling as the link to our discord? If not I'll get darklink1010 to post the links to our discord in the original post again.

• Like 2

I am going to settle this immediately and transparently.  We try to go through all ROM hacks (file uploads in general really) regularly and remove all  content that does not conform to our rules.
Why do we have these rules? It is simple. We are trying to NOT be targeted by the copyright holders of Nintendo, Pokemon, and other products/brands. We do NOT want our website shut down like countless others for stupid reasons. If it suited them, they could shut us down for having pokemon in our domain name, so uploading copyright material is just icing on the cake. We will not put ourselves in a position where we have to defend ourselves over something like this. This is a website full of hacking material, so we are most likely skirting some legal boundaries as-is.

I am not going to sit here and say that the patch tools available are the best (or even work) because they probably aren't. I wish I was into ROM hacks, cause then I would put forth effort to build a better tool for everyone, but that is not the case and I am sorry. So let's find people who like ROM hacks, know how to build the tools that we need, are willing to help and let's build better tools so all of us can stop thinking about copyright stuff and breaking rules accidentally.  We will host and endorse whatever tools work and fit within the legal parameters we have to operate under.

I can also assure all of you that we are not personally targeting anyone. We do not have an agenda or anything, so I am sorry if you feel that way. The moderators were told by me and other owners that they must help keep this place running legally since other sites were shut down for stupid reasons (like using the Pokemon logo in a ROM hack).

@Foxfire94 and others, if you haven't already, please use the report button to let us know of material that should be taken down. Reported content is acted on quicker than our mods scouring the board/files area.  Thank you for trying to help.

• Like 2
  • Confused 2

2 hours ago, Foxfire94 said:

If you were reviewing Rom Hacks with this in mind before we had ours reviewed & removed why were the other, now removed, Rom Hacks deemed acceptable?

I was informed that there were a few rom hacks breaking the rules, so I reviewed all of them, even though I normally stay away from the rom hacks section. You were just part of a group that violated the rules, you’re not special in any way.

Your continued tone here is comparable to sneering at this point, you cannot presume to know how we feel nor should you assume we're saying we've been "personally attacked".

I usually don’t feel the need to dignify views based on biases and prejudices, but I need to point out how “the continued tone” is a subjective matter and entirely up to user interpretation, which in this case you interpreted as.. well, you’ve made yourself pretty clear on that point, and I don’t want to be accused of putting words in your mouth.

I don’t even know who your group was before getting a user report regarding rom hacks, so as I said, it wasn’t personal. In any case, it appears I was right in stating that I won’t be able to convince you otherwise. :/

Additionally the thread you linked as to why the Rom files are now unacceptable was only posted just over an hour ago as of the time of writing

You do understand that stuff on the internet doesn’t occur immediately? I forwarded the report to the other admins that was online and then I went offline. 

Even the mass removals wasn’t immediate. While it might have just occurred suddenly to you, it took me time to review every single entry before performing all the edits.

Stuff takes time to happen, thank you for your patience.

Additionally the thread you linked as to why the Rom files are now unacceptable was only posted just over an hour ago as of the time of writing. Such information would've been useful to have known and to have been posted when you first deleted our links

Our rules existed long before that post, stating no ROMs. We made that post cause it seemed like people didn’t properly understand how they were breaking the rules.

We had a discussion before I deleted the links, and we decided to be lenient and opted not to infract or ban any users of such uploads, and sent them a warning to let them know their upload has been removed, as they might have committed the offense without fully understanding how they broke the rules

I didn’t hear back then regarding any of such queries. If I heard back, I would have illuminated further to the user on the whats and whys, but that didn’t happen.

surely they'd fall under the same ruling as the link to our discord

You are correct, posting links to websites that has ROMs are not acceptable. Your previous report on the other pages are being dealt with. In the mean time, do not post back links that connect to such sites, thank you.

————

Pretty sure all the admins, including me, has said enough.

Anyhow, this thread is meant for the ROM hack described in the original post, so do not derail it further. Our stance and actions performed were clear. I’m sorry for being unable to change your mind that you think it was personal when it wasn’t.

In any case, inform us on whether you want to re-upload the files in an appropriate format, or if you want to close the thread. Deviating from the directly forementioned and derailing the thread is kindly not advised.

• Confused 1
  • Ashamed 1

Regarding the tools we have on our site I am sorry if it is painful or time consuming to use. I implore you or others to make a 3DS HB/CFW app so it can be done with a single touch. We will gladly link/back-link/host and even do automated builds against such a project. Short of that there is not much else we can do without legal liability.

EDIT: If an all-3DS app is too slow, then an app that communicates OTA with a PC could work. Either use the CIA/Card on the 3DS and wait, or a self supplied ROM on the PC. Have the app create the layereFS files and send/config them all in a single go. There are options, but the ROM hacking enthusiasts will have to build it.

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

• 1 month later...

Hey guys love the game just having a problem with the ending I can’t get the ending cutscean to end. I beat hou and the ending starts I get to where the credits start displaying and the games frames start crashing where I have to reset. I beat him again and get the same outcome when I get to the cutscean is this where the game ends or does it continue afterwords? Thanks again!

• 2 weeks later...
Hey, I don't know if this is still active but I just started playing through Nightmare Moon (trying to Nuzlocke incidentally), and I noticed a few issues:
-None of my Pokemon have been learning moves as they level up, for instance my Diglett should have tried to learn a total of three moves but hasn't tried to learn even one.
-TMs seem to be improperly randomized; I know the randomization of TMs wasn't mentioned in the OP but it seems like the flavor text for each move was randomized (Work Up for example has the text for King's Shield) but the TMs still teach the original move.
-Shops work perfectly fine for me, but I also was wondering if you had plans to randomize the inventory of second shops in locations that have them.
Thank you in advance for your attention to this! I posted this on GBA Temp as well since I wasn't sure of which was better to contact you on.

• 2 months later...

Hey. 
I see this thread is old and apologize if it's inappropriate to use it but I just started playing Nightmare Moon and want to evolve a Riolu. I'm realizing now when it's failing to do so at a friendship level of 255 (supposedly the necessary level is 220) that it must not be the canon friendship/daytime thing. 
So I Googled for the solution (which is how I found this thread) but have found only this statement:

On 8/24/2018 at 6:32 PM, darklink1010 said:

Changed how Riolu evolves to be darker

Will someone please elaborate? 

Edited by A Shadow
  • Relieved 1