Jump to content

Legendary Year 2018 Pokemon Distribution


theSLAYER
 Share

Recommended Posts

Based on an image that is now circulating across the Internet, it appears there will be a distribution for Dialga and Palkia!

It is likely a tie-in to the TCG expansion Ultra Prism, which features the new formes of Necrozma, as well as heavily featuring elements from Sinnoh. Furthermore, the dates of the supposed event and the TCG release coincides.

image.jpeg

What are you thoughts? Discuss!

  • Speechless 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

If it is real, neat, Dialga and Palkia need some love, they've barely been given in events (what do we have? the shiny ones from gen V and the ones from the 18th movie?). But at least to me, them being Lv. 100 is kinda underwhelming.
Guess it's to save the IVs SR'ing (hence the gold cap), but still, anything obtained at a level higher than 70 is unable to get the Footprint Ribbon and that bothers me for some reason ._. besides, I like low level legendaries better, I find it funny to have some time-controlling deity at level 5 (and that's why I'm really fond of the Sinjoh Ruins and Dream Radar ones)

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Invader TAK said:

I figured the code would be for the one not obtainable in your version. Reminds me of the Wi-Fi Reshiram/Zekrom event back in Gen 5.

Was expecting the same thing, and from what theSLAYER posted above, seems to be the case, just as they did it with the recent shiny Groudon and Kyogre event.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • theSLAYER changed the title to USUM - Year of Legendary (2018)

Speaking about Unreleased Pokemon:

-Shiny Volcanion appeared in TCG

-Magearna original form appeared in the movie during a flashback

 

These 2 cases are more problematic than AZ Floette because they are canon in fact and both quite unique in Pokemon History (well except Ash's Greninja and Pokemon from Gen 2 in Gen1 anime ...).

 

But so happy to finally got in hand a shiny Zygarde!!!

  • Like 1
  • Ditto 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

41 minutes ago, Holla! said:

Let's be honest, the only thing everyone cares about in that schedule is the Shiny Zygarde. :XD:

Well, at least for me, that's true. Everything else is catchable within the games, not to mention the VC Johto legends with HA (while the event ones will surely have Pressure).

45 minutes ago, Holla! said:

Now I just hope this could imply that a G8 announcement will happen soon enough...

And I was thinking this could mean we're not getting G8 announcement this year. To me, this seems like a bunch of filler events to make G7 last longer.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, Ruby Genseki said:

And I was thinking this could mean we're not getting G8 announcement this year. To me, this seems like a bunch of filler events to make G7 last longer.

To me, this distribution feels similar to the 20th Anniversary. Might be their way of saying goodbye to the Generation.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Holla! said:

To me, this distribution feels similar to the 20th Anniversary. Might be their way of saying goodbye to the Generation.

It was kind of obvious this was coming considering the lack of shiny locks and ultra wormholes.  They are trying to go out with a bang, giving people no reason to not get USUM, especially concerns of hacked/unavailable legendaries.  Almost everything is essentially available now between SM/USUM/GSC.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, jojo12100 said:

Speaking about Unreleased Pokemon:

-Shiny Volcanion appeared in TCG

-Magearna original form appeared in the movie during a flashback

These 2 cases are more problematic than AZ Floette because they are canon in fact and both quite unique in Pokemon History (well except Ash's Greninja and Pokemon from Gen 2 in Gen1 anime ...).

But so happy to finally got in hand a shiny Zygarde!!!

Urgh, where are those 3? *cries*

6 hours ago, Ruby Genseki said:

Well, at least for me, that's true. Everything else is catchable within the games, not to mention the VC Johto legends with HA (while the event ones will surely have Pressure).

And I was thinking this could mean we're not getting G8 announcement this year. To me, this seems like a bunch of filler events to make G7 last longer.

5 hours ago, Holla! said:

To me, this distribution feels similar to the 20th Anniversary. Might be their way of saying goodbye to the Generation.

Just remember, the 20th anniversary events ran the same year as SM's release XD

4 hours ago, Sabresite said:

It was kind of obvious this was coming considering the lack of shiny locks and ultra wormholes.  They are trying to go out with a bang, giving people no reason to not get USUM, especially concerns of hacked/unavailable legendaries.  Almost everything is essentially available now between SM/USUM/GSC.

Certainly does. It seems like they must make a bulk of legendaries available in-game at the end of every generation. 

2 hours ago, Deoxyz said:

I don't know how obvious this was, but I just realized that there are differences between the Palkia/Dialga you receive in Sun/Moon and UltraSun/UltraMoon. Different levels and moveset. SM gets them at Lv60 and USUM gets them at Lv100(+Gold Bottle Cap).

Yeah, that info is on the card and on the site.

I wonder if this is the case for the other events too. 

-----

IN any case, given that there's potentially 2 wonder card per Pokemon for this entire event, my google sheet is gonna get real crowded real soon...

Pokemon 2018: The nightmare begins.
Capture.PNG

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, theSLAYER said:

Just remember, the 20th anniversary events ran the same year as SM's release

Back then I saw it more like some sort of coincidente. G6 was 3 years old so it was not a big surprise for it to end that year.
G7, on the other hand, will become just 2 years old this year. No generation has lasted less than 3 years as of this date, so...that's why I'm so doubtful about this.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Ruby Genseki said:

Back then I saw it more like some sort of coincidente. G6 was 3 years old so it was not a big surprise for it to end that year.
G7, on the other hand, will become just 2 years old this year. No generation has lasted less than 3 years as of this date, so...that's why I'm so doubtful about this.

speaking of generations and how long they last:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/e/2PACX-1vTt1RVbIBlTpvlarbbgY3EmYeZ6FSQ159Xx9DnV1Gj6pneRdzQEkb00_UABOZkuIgNdzal0VuIJIlB-/pubhtml

 

In any case, while I think you're right, there's also the oddity that they've ran out of mythicals to tide us over.
Genesect's movie was released the same year as X&Y,
Volcanion's movie was released the same year as SM.

If Zeraora is part of this year's movie, then releasing a new generation at the end of this year, would fit into that pattern.


And for every theorem, there is an anti-theorem.
For M22, they could pull a M13 and have no new mythical in it.
While it had the existing Mythical Celebi, possibility due to HGSS influence, that movie did not give us any new mythicals.
There was a meaningful distribution, but no new mythicals.

That will effectively set the release of the next generation at the end of 2019.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, shay123 said:

Link?

Here:

Please note that, even though the WCs look final, there might still be some change between these ones and the actual final thing.

Edited by Sabresite
Changes links to RawGit. Please use RawGit for direct file linking.
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • theSLAYER changed the title to Legendary Year 2018 Pokemon Distribution

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...