Legendary Year 2018 Pokemon Distribution

theSLAYER

20 minutes ago, shay123 said:

I know because the wondercards dont have a SID which will probably be released on the actual day of the event.

In past gens, it was not uncommon for event Mons to have "00000" as their SID, and although I hadn't seen this happen on gen 7, look at this:
image.png.2393e4fbd037bb7251838e399df5c72f.png
The TID alone is actually 2/2/18, the event's starting date, so the lack of SID might be intentional. Either that, or they're planning to change both SID and TID in order to get a combo resulting in "020218" again.

Edited by Ruby Genseki

"SID" doesn't really exist for event Pokemon like it used to, due to the gen 7 changes. If you look at the FID (full ID; combination of TID and SID), a pattern quickly emerges. It's one of two things: either WCID is placed in front of the intended ID No, or it isn't. 

The FID for these events is 20218, or 0000020218. The game hides all except the last 6 digits, so we get 020218.

Meanwhile, an example of an event that does have the WCID in front is the NA/PAL Marshadow. FID is 0626100917. Its WCID is 0626, and visible ID No. is 100917. See the pattern? 

Basically, they don't just pick a random TID and SID to get the ID No they want. They just pick a FID they want. The TID and SID visible in PKHeX are derived from that.

Anyway, as for these events, I think they've only changed a test WC to include the WCID in the FID once before, so I wouldn't expect it to change here. It's possible, though.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Ruby Genseki said:

Here:

Please note that, even though the WCs look final, there might still be some change between these ones and the actual final thing.

Yeah, it wouldn't be the first time that a card looks final, and gets changed 2 weeks down the road.
I'm holding off the release, until then.

• Like 1

Palkia/Dialga for EU has been put up.  It looks like the OTN is slightly different:  2018 Legends -> Legends 2018.  I'll upload them today.
Also the US cards were reuploaded and so far look the same.

EU Spanish is not up yet.  So these might not be final.

2 minutes ago, Sabresite said:

Palkia/Dialga for EU has been put up.  It looks like the OTN is slightly different:  2018 Legends -> Legends 2018.  I'll upload them today.
Also the US cards were reuploaded and so far look the same.

EU Spanish is not up yet.  So these might not be final.

Given the state of their affairs, I'll assume its not final.
(unless it is, and they screwed up again. remember how the earlier releases of Marshadow looked final but the WC ID was completely wrong; think it clashed with one of the ash pikas.
In any case, this is gonna be fun)

1 hour ago, theSLAYER said:

Given the state of their affairs, I'll assume its not final.
(unless it is, and they screwed up again. remember how the earlier releases of Marshadow looked final but the WC ID was completely wrong; think it clashed with one of the ash pikas.
In any case, this is gonna be fun)

They all look final.  French US matches EU.  While Spanish is not up yet, I bet it will be the same.  It is just the EU/NA have different OTNs.

• Like 1

Not exactly. Some of the versions are identical, but others aren't.

Right now, it seems to look like this (matching the filename to the actual appropriate WC for that game within its file):

Moon: Legends 2018
Sun: 2018 Legends
UM: 2018 Legends
US: 2018 Legends

Guess I'll hope they fix the rest.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, theSLAYER said:

What did they do this time ><

I just edited. I'm still going through them.

Basically, I downloaded the 4 most recent EU WCs, one for each version. Some of them match the US version. Others do not.

After splitting them, I came up with the above conclusion, based on what WC will actually be received by each game. Check it out and see if you get what I got.

• Like 1

The EU/Eng Ultra Sun file is 100% proper.  The others are not.  Which is funny cause Ultra Sun (and Moon) are the ones with improper Trainer Names.  So in actuality, if we received these right now via serial code, the only broken one would be Moon.  We have broken Ultra Sun as unreleased, and the proper Moon (the one in the Ultra Sun file) as unreleased too.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Kirzi said:

Looks like they fixed everything.

Yeah. I referred to the wonder card that is specific to the server (UM creature from UM server, etc), and drafted a list based on datetime-code.
As long as there isn't any caching issues with the mystery gift receiving process, the events should all be rectified.

Here's an image of what they look like (with green representing latest entry)
cap1.PNG

cap2.PNG

Possibility of Obtaining the Wrong Card?

As @Sabresite mentioned, if any game were to receive the wrong wonder card (assuming based on caching issue), it would most likely be Pokemon Moon.

Based on the data above, if an error were to occur, it is only applicable to the EU version of Moon, running an ENG (or JPN, KOR, CHT, CHS, since it defaults to receiving an ENG card) .

I would like to point out that EU ENG Ultra Sun also appears to have a chance to receive it, but I think it is unlikely,
since it has had the correct card refresh onto the server 4 times.

Finalized OTs
ENG - 2018 Legends
FRE - Légendes2018
GER - Legenden2018
ITA - Legenden2018
SPA - Leyendas2018

*As usual, GER and ITA entries only apply to EU 3DS.

EU and US cards: same or different?
Checking the checksums, it appears the EU and US cards will be exactly the same.
[a great way to to check the differences, is by card checksum]

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 3/3/2018 at 11:46 AM, Regnum said:

Is the Regigigas/Heatran event serial code the same for everyone? Turns out my Pokémon trainer club account didn’t have the receive newsletters option selected.

Has this newsletter already gone out?  I'm signed up on 2 email accounts and haven't gotten it on either one yet.

Just now, RFAurora said:

Has this newsletter already gone out?  I'm signed up on 2 email accounts and haven't gotten it on either one yet.

Newsletter can be slow between accounts. Additionally, it appears you may have had to re-opt in into the newsletter, if it wasn't set recently.

At the very least, I haven't received it.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, theSLAYER said:

Newsletter can be slow between accounts. Additionally, it appears you may have had to re-opt in into the newsletter, if it wasn't set recently.

At the very least, I haven't received it.

It took me a while because I had to recover my username and reset my password, but I'm still signed up to receive the newsletter so I shall see.

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/3/2018 at 11:46 AM, Regnum said:

Is the Regigigas/Heatran event serial code the same for everyone? Turns out my Pokémon trainer club account didn’t have the receive newsletters option selected.

So that I'm prepared for next time (had to find out from a gamestop employee when I asked them for the Regigigas/Heatran code), does anyone know how Entei/Raikou and the rest of the events are being distributed.

Edited by Regnum

• 2 weeks later...