Contest Ribbons illegal?

lbr5539

I'm making this Sylveon for a friend, and I want it to have all the Contest Ribbons from ORAS, but PKHex says they are illegal (Yes. I've set the Origin Game to Alpha Sapphire). Is there something that I'm doing wrong or it's a bug?

Sem título 3.png

• lbr5539 changed the title to Contest Ribbons illegal?
38 minutes ago, lbr5539 said:

I'm making this Sylveon for a friend, and I want it to have all the Contest Ribbons from ORAS, but PKHex says they are illegal (Yes. I've set the Origin Game to Alpha Sapphire). Is there something that I'm doing wrong or it's a bug?

Sem título 3.png

If I'm not mistaken, in the event it gets all 5 Ribbons, it also gets the Contest Star Ribbon.
Do you have that on it?

(I'm unable to replicate your error FYI)

edit:
I encountered the red flag with the latest release, but not on the previous release.
Unsure if its actual legality status or a bug.

@Kaphotics this was legal in previous release (I just created it for this purpose):
700 - Sylveon - 6F7FAF3A932D.pk7

3 minutes ago, Kaphotics said:

Not a bug, working as intended.

Hint: participating in contests grants OT Affection.

I've been wondering:
It's possible for it to get those ribbons with notOT right?
Meaning that OT -traded away to-> Not OT (without gaining prior affection), then gains affection + ribbons at notOT.

9 minutes ago, theSLAYER said:

I've been wondering:
It's possible for it to get those ribbons with notOT right?
Meaning that OT -traded away to-> Not OT (without gaining prior affection), then gains affection + ribbons at notOT.

No, GameFreak incorrectly programmed it to give to the OT affection rather than the current trainer affection.

• Like 2

On 29/4/2018 at 7:54 PM, Kaphotics said:

No, GameFreak incorrectly programmed it to give to the OT affection rather than the current trainer affection.

You sure about this? Or at least, you sure it affects every single Pokémon regardless of their origin?

Back then, I went through the trouble of getting all the ORAS contest ribbons with a Pidgeot from LeafGreen and his OT affection didn't increase at all. Moreover, I had read a Pokémon entering a contest would have its affection increased only when current handler = OT.

Maybe I'm missing something. Maybe this sorta bug you mention was a thing but they eventually fixed it. Idk, just wanted to say that.

• 1 year later...

@Kaphotics I know I'm bumping an old thread, but this thread is relevant to the issue I wanna bring up:

On Pokémon Y, Mewtwo with the contest ribbons is legal, due to having raised OT affection.
image.png

I transferred this Mewtwo through Bank to HOME to Sword, made no modifications, and:
image.png

My Mewtwo is now illegal.
I'm guessing it's because the affection got wiped, but the check still persists?

• 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
7 minutes ago, Maza said:

event pokemon with these ribbons

event pokemon do not naturally come with the ribbons, unless you won contests with them.
Even then:

On 4/30/2018 at 9:54 AM, Kaphotics said:

It's PROGRAMMED to add affection to OT affection, not Current Trainer affection.

So contest mons will have the affection added to OT (incorrectly), as explained.
Unless you meant something else with your question?

• Like 1

Oh my mistake!

I was originally planing on transferring a shiny event Pokemon with these ribbons earned, but it kept getting flagged, and since you were showing an event mewtwo as exemple on an older post, I assumed every event pokemon would become illegal because their OT affection were never meant to be >0.

But this time I managed to gen it right!