Suicune Event Flag Pokemon Crystal

bubbacca

First post on this forum so I hope this is in the right place ._.'

I just accidentally defeated Suicune in Pokemon Crystal (didn't know the battle would start as soon as I entered the Tin Tower so I forgot to save). I've exported my save with PKHeX, but I can't figure out what flag to switch to get it to reappear. Does anyone know what I can do to switch the flag? I'm new to save-file editing using PKHeX and would appreciate it a lot.

Just now, bubbacca said:

Thanks for the help! (: Unfortunately I'm playing the game on Virtual Console and haven't figured out how to get the save from sav.dat into a format that an emulator can recognize. I'll look into it though!

Hmmm, typically extracting the sav.dat using a save manager (JKSM, checkpoint etc) and renaming it to <gamenamehere>.sav usually works.

I think the saves works on both VBA and BGB, if I'm not mistaken.

• Thanks 1

54 minutes ago, theSLAYER said:

Hmmm, typically extracting the sav.dat using a save manager (JKSM, checkpoint etc) and renaming it to <gamenamehere>.sav usually works.

I think the saves works on both VBA and BGB, if I'm not mistaken.

I managed to get it to work! Unfortunately, the code you've listed just makes Entei, Raikou, and Suicune's sprites appear at the Tin Tower- I can't figure out a way to actually battle them.

18 minutes ago, bubbacca said:

I managed to get it to work! Unfortunately, the code you've listed just makes Entei, Raikou, and Suicune's sprites appear at the Tin Tower- I can't figure out a way to actually battle them.

If you leave the building and walk back in, the battle doesn't initiate?

• Thanks 1

Just now, theSLAYER said:

If you leave the building and walk back in, the battle doesn't initiate?

Nope- the sages in the first part of the tower (the ones that you battle) reappeared, but there are still sages actually in the tower with the three legendary beats. I can walk around the tower like I could after I accidentally beat Suicune, just Entei Raikou and Suicune are sitting in the middle.

8 minutes ago, bubbacca said:

Nope- the sages in the first part of the tower (the ones that you battle) reappeared, but there are still sages actually in the tower with the three legendary beats. I can walk around the tower like I could after I accidentally beat Suicune, just Entei Raikou and Suicune are sitting in the middle.

Make sure you keep a backup of your original sav.dat

Then, then on the code, Leave the building, save the game, turn off the code, restart the emu (with the code remaining off)

does anything happen now?

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, theSLAYER said:

Make sure you keep a backup of your original sav.dat

Then, then on the code, Leave the building, save the game, turn off the code, restart the emu (with the code remaining off)

does anything happen now?

Yeah, I have a backup of the sav.dat that I haven't touched so I can go back to that without any problems.

Here's what I just tried:

1. Loaded the game (in the main city, not even in the building that leads to the Tin Tower)
2. Applied the cheat.
3. Saved the game.
4. Deleted the cheat.
5. Reset the emulator.
6. Went to encounter Suicune. However, everything was in the same weird state as before :/

18 minutes ago, bubbacca said:

Yeah, I have a backup of the sav.dat that I haven't touched so I can go back to that without any problems.

Here's what I just tried:

1. Loaded the game (in the main city, not even in the building that leads to the Tin Tower)
2. Applied the cheat.
3. Saved the game.
4. Deleted the cheat.
5. Reset the emulator.
6. Went to encounter Suicune. However, everything was in the same weird state as before :/

Hmmm, in the mean time, PM your save.

While Im not sure if I'll be able to figure anything out, I'll still like to try and see if I can do anything about it 

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Holla! said:

I found the flag months ago, so if you can hex edit, try looking here: 

I found that thread while poking around, but unfortunately I'm not very familiar with hex editing and am not completely sure what to do. I tried using an editor to change the value 0x00002534 to 00 to make it battleable, but I loaded that save and it didn't seem to have worked.

Edited by bubbacca

2 minutes ago, bubbacca said:

I found that thread while poking around, but unfortunately I'm not very familiar with hex editing and am not completely sure what to do. I tried using an editor to change the value 0x00002534 to 00 to make it battleable, but I loaded that save and it didn't seem to have worked.

Did you remember to open your save in PKHeX and re-save after you edited it?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Holla! said:

Did you remember to open your save in PKHeX and re-save after you edited it?

I'm completely new to the editing scene, the most I've done is just using PKHeX to change Pokemon data so I didn't even know that was something I'd need to do to be honest. 

So after going into my hex editor and changing the value to be battleable, I need to open it through PKHeX and then just save it without changing anything? Sorry if I'm asking basic questions, I just want to be sure I'm doing it correctly so I don't mess anything up >.<

1 minute ago, bubbacca said:

I'm completely new to the editing scene, the most I've done is just using PKHeX to change Pokemon data so I didn't even know that was something I'd need to do to be honest. 

So after going into my hex editor and changing the value to be battleable, I need to open it through PKHeX and then just save it without changing anything? Sorry if I'm asking basic questions, I just want to be sure I'm doing it correctly so I don't mess anything up >.<

Correct. :)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Holla! said:

Correct. :)

I did it, and it worked! Strangely, the sprites didn't appear at all, but when I re-entered the Tin Tower the sound effects from the cutscene played and the battle with Suicune started. Thank you both so much for taking the time to help a lil newbie like me out. This has been one of the fastest and most efficient responses I've had on a forum before and it's definitely impressed me.

• Like 1