amh7912

I love Dratini and Dragonair, but Dragonite isn't all that good to me. I think they need to give it one of those special stone evolution forms. Does anyone else support me?

EDIT: This idea was started before the movie featuring "Z" was announced. It took a while after the movie was announced for Nintendo to even reveal that it has a new Pokemon in it, so Generation IV was unheard of.

Edited by amh7912

Actually, Dratini and its evolved form are based off the friendly Chinese dragon. If you want a ferocious European dragon, look no further than Bagon and its family. Salamence is faster, more powerful, and has a fitting ability (Intimidate), but has less of a movepool and is less defensive (hence why more people use Salamence more than Dragonite).

I was always wondering how something as beautiful and elegant as Dragonair can become a strange orange Barney-esque creature called Dragonite. Nevertheless Dragonite's pretty adorable, but still... it seems pretty odd to me.

EDIT: Now that I look at it, Dragonite does not look so far removed from its pre-evolutions. It looks like an orange serpentine who gained more weight and grew wings and limbs. Nevertheless it still looks a bit silly =/

[sprite]147[/sprite] ---> [sprite]148[/sprite] ---> [sprite]149[/sprite]

Actually, Dratini and its evolved form are based off the friendly Chinese dragon. If you want a ferocious European dragon, look no further than Bagon and its family. Salamence is faster, more powerful, and has a fitting ability (Intimidate), but has less of a movepool and is less defensive (hence why more people use Salamence more than Dragonite).

I was always wondering how something as beautiful and elegant as Dragonair can become a strange orange Barney-esque creature called Dragonite. Nevertheless Dragonite's pretty adorable, but still... it seems pretty odd to me.

NO duh...

NO duh...

Nice contribution..

Anyway, I like Dragonite. It's cuter than all the other fully evolved dragon types and is still useful. But don't you remember the days when Dragonite was a mythical pokemon, and the only one that existed was 30 stories tall and walked the ocean like it was a park.

• 3 months later...

Wow you remembered that? I really think things like that are just experimental. I mean how stupid can bill get not knowing what dragonite sounds like. Or like the other unusually large pokemon in pokemopolis(?)

I say it's just an experiment. Like when animators and/or cartoonists just want to draw really big screens in a lab setting and not knowing today there are LEDs and Plasma TVs.

Or maybe they just forgot those things. Like Ash not remembering butterfree or primape even once.

i remember an episode in gen 1 where pokemons spoke.....WORST EPISODE EVAR !!!! that and one of a ralts and may's brother in gen 3....

anyways, dragonite was so majestic in gen 1 that in pokemon snap he came out of a whirlpool.....and when lance flew on top of his dragonite it was jaw-dropping

• 3 weeks later...

So no one supports an alternate evolution, like another serpent of some kind? Shucks. I was hoping for another blue one that had more wings and was giant, still cute in the same wasy as the first two, and could do Boasqueeze or some attack with 45 power that hits 2-5 times.

;54176']I always thought Dragonair was somewhat cute in a big tough guy kind of way. Dratini and Dragonair do however look to mystical to turn into something big and kind hearted looking like Dragonair though.

Dragonair evolving into Dragonair?

What?

People REALLY have to stop replying to dumb stuff like "oh that person made a typo it's the end of the world!!!" You know what she meant Ping... try to put some actual discussion. This goes for the rest of you. I don't ever want to see a post entirely consisting of "lulz a typo" again.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Yeah I think it would be cool too .. though I doibt it would happen. Who knows what gen 5 will bring ... I personally think a dawn stone on dragonair (or level up next to dawn rock [made up gen 5 place xD]) would be cool .. turn it into a psychic dragon with levitate.

The Pokewalker is in HG/SS and as of yet we have no knowledge of wether it will be used again. I am going to edit the OP to include the fact this was started before the movie featuring "Z" was announced. I'm hoping they introduce a radical new evolution method that isn't as silly as "when standing next to this rock", and Dragona gets to use it. (Possible name, pronounced Drag-oh-nuh)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I like the Dragonite as a Pokemon, though I admit it does not look that impressive. The fact that it does not bear much resemblance to its previous evolutions is not that unusual I suppose... look at Magikarp and Gyarados.

My Dragonite is now Lv 82. I won my Dratini in the Game place in Goldenrod. Took ages to get the coins.

• 2 months later...
So no one supports an alternate evolution, like another serpent of some kind?It could do Boasqueeze or some attack with 45 power that hits 2-5 times.

I agree 100% It should have such an attack,and such a form, but should be dark and dragon type. It would PWN in all corners.