Codename: Beluga

jojo12100

Hi,

I open this thread in order to discuss a bit about the rumors of the codename of Pokemon Switch games (confirmed as gen8 by Nintendo however).

What a strange codename isn't?

Beluga as a symbol refers as "think before act", serenity, slow acting, respect of the Nature. It's a major emblem of Inuit people.

Maybe we're going to explore subartic after paradisal islands?

Or maybe probably the plot will be focused on global warming and ecosystems?

What do you think about?

It's not Gen 8 from what I've heard. That magazine seems to be wrong. But yeah, codenames have always been a bit strange.

Edited by Guest

• 4 weeks later...
On 4/15/2018 at 8:42 PM, Purin said:

It's not Gen 8 from what I've heard. That magazine seems to be wrong. But yeah, codenames have always been a bit strange.

They said it will be gen 8. See: http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2018/04/official_nintendo_magazine_confirms_pokemon_on_switch_will_be_generation_eight

Anyhow a new gen has to do with it being developed for new HW revisions.

@PokemonKing99 I understand you wanted to report the remours regarding Pokemon Let's Go Pikachu & Eevee to the user submitted news.
However, as it is thoroughly an unsubstantiated rumour at the present time, I don't see any point of having it approved as news. (We've been aware of it)

Be that as it may, if you want to speculate, I think this thread would work, since this thread started with a rumour, for the purpose of speculation.

edit:
This Pokebeach article is a good read, regarding this rumour and the reliability of the few names mentioned inside it:
http://www.pokebeach.com/2018/05/major-pokemon-switch-rumors-today-a-breakdown-and-analysis

edit again:
You might also be aware that the URL Domains relating to those names have been registered. (source)
Do note that, that doesn't necessarily mean it's confirmed.

Pokemon AquaBlue and Pokemon Gray domain names were also registered previously,
and those games don't exist. (lol)