Some little bug in Emerald, LeafGreen and Blue (VC)

cicciochiave

Hello, I have found some little issues:

• EMERALD

In my old cartridge save I named a Poochyena KIKI (don't ask me why, I can't remember) and it is marked as illegal... I don't know if it is a bad word in some languages (in italian it isn't), but I don't remember a word filter in third gen games. 

Spoiler

2s7dr9k.jpg

4gg6rb.jpg

261 - KIKI - B5C063DB9A04.pk3

• BLUE (Virtual Console)

I have the italian version of this VC game, but all my Pokèmon are shown as english

Spoiler

2vnnjh1.jpg

• LEAF GREEN

Here I find issues with two in-game trade: the first is an easy one, but the second is very very strange...

• The Jynx called ZYNX has DONTAE as OT, but this OT name is marked as wrong... PKHeX recognizes RINO as the legit OT, but it is not
Spoiler

9ier0g.jpg

2qjiwko.jpg

w8nl93.png

i2u2r6.png

nf2m94.png

124 - ZYNX - 70DF498A2E1D.pk3

• The Farfetch'd named CH'DING, with ELYSSA as OT, is initially marked as legal (images 1,2 ,3)

if you click on the green flag, it turns into the red triangle saying that the nickname has been altered, but it was not (image 4)

now if you set the Pokèmon with the red alert in an empty slot and then you view it, its name will be only C (images 5, 6)

the strange thing is that when I try to save the .pk3 of the first one (when it is still marked legal), the suggested file name is 083-C-AD29151943D7 snd not 083-CH'DING-AD29151943D7 (image 7)

obviously, importing that .pk3 file back, the nickname will be C

Spoiler

zj9j01.jpg

2am7ig.jpg

zy7dzl.jpg

14lit5w.jpg

66cen5.jpg

16hqijl.jpg

seyp14.jpg

083 - C - AD29151943D7.pk3

Edited by cicciochiave

1. Word filters for past generation games are part of PKHeX's extra checks. If the PKM is transferred to the current gen it would lose its nickname.

2. Language is not stored in gen 1/2 format files; the program tries to auto detect a valid origin language. The combo box is only visible to help with renaming to another language/species.

3. Will investigate later today

Thank you for your daily hard work, you're really the best for both competence and patience :D 

But i'm really doubtful of that RINO... I found the Jynx that i attached in my emerald save from the cartridge that i used when i was a child (extracted using a flashcard and gba backup tool), so it can't have been changed

Also i attached some screen from leaf green, because i tryied  to get this Jynx by myself before posting my topic 

I can only attach that leaf green save that i used and invite you to test yourself 

VerdeFoglia.sav

The player has a Poliwhirl in the team and is right in front of the old man that will trade you Jynx

Thank you again and sorry for my insistence ;) 

Wait a moment... i find the solution and it is strange and funny :D

It seems like in the italian version of LeafGreen the OT is still DONTAE as the english version

And only in the italian version of FireRed the OT was changed in RINO

I just started a new game in FireRed and edited the save in order to be in front of the old man with a poliwhirl in the team

And the traded ZYNX's OT is RINO O.o

I attach the fire red save file here so that you can test, but this save is full of bug because i teleported the player immediately after starting the game (so there is no POKEDEX or POKEMON in the menu eheh)

RossoFuoco.sav

Spoiler

281u77p.png

52gkk4.png

124 - ZYNX - 705F498A2E1D.pk3

EDIT: BETTER SOLUTION

I find an old fire red save on my phone, it's better to test it instead of the one i attached before :) 

RossoFuoco2.sav

Thanks again!

Edited by cicciochiave
  • Hahaha 1

17 hours ago, cicciochiave said:

Wait a moment... i find the solution and it is strange and funny :D

It seems like in the italian version of LeafGreen the OT is still DONTAE as the english version

And only in the italian version of FireRed the OT was changed in RINO

I just started a new game in FireRed and edited the save in order to be in front of the old man with a poliwhirl in the team

And the traded ZYNX's OT is RINO O.o

I attach the fire red save file here so that you can test, but this save is full of bug because i teleported the player immediately after starting the game (so there is no POKEDEX or POKEMON in the menu eheh)

RossoFuoco.sav

Reveal hidden contents

124 - ZYNX - 705F498A2E1D.pk3

EDIT: BETTER SOLUTION

I find an old fire red save on my phone, it's better to test it instead of the one i attached before :) 

RossoFuoco2.sav

Thanks again!

Thanks, fixed in latest commit!

https://github.com/kwsch/PKHeX/commit/78f533605cfb44422428a09697f7a1caa11be7c9

(I appreciate the investigative work)

• V-Wheeeeeel!!! 1