Chase-san

LOL. This doesn't work on the majority of slot-2 cards and it works perfectly on the Max Media Dock (which refuses to run 90% of the programs out there without a bunch of trial and error.) Don't know if you want to keep a list of which cards it does work on or not.

LOL. This doesn't work on the majority of slot-2 cards and it works perfectly on the Max Media Dock (which refuses to run 90% of the programs out there without a bunch of trial and error.) Don't know if you want to keep a list of which cards it does work on or not.

There is a list. It's on the first page.

Alright, quick question. I know in Pokesav you have to generate a new ID if you change the nature, gender, shiniess etc. I'm wondering if PPSE has any plans for a generating feature or if it does it automatically. I have no idea how this works beyond what I see.

I used PPSE-DS to move my Croconaw from my party to the storage box and i saved. Then, in-game, I received a spearow caring mail from one of the route guards. then i saved my game. I opened PPSE-DS and it showed the spearow in my team but no croconaw in my storage box. Then i started my game and it said that the save file was corrupted and it was going to start from a previous save file. In the game, my croconaw was in the storage box and i had not received the spearow. Then i saved and restarted just to make sure that the save file did not corrupt.

In the end i was back to where i had started but this bug is something i believe should be investigated into.

I have a little problem with the PPSE-DS , the homebrew was running nicely till i change my roms Heart Gold and Soul Silver to the US version (previously the Japanese rom)

then when i tried to edit the save it says something about IO and corrupts my sav files, fortunately i have the habit to save twice to avoid losing my savs but i really would like to know if its a problem of my flashcard, the sav, if the change of roms has something to do, or if is a compatibility issue with the homebrew.

Using DSTT 1.17

EDIT: I think i've found the problem, as the save file changed its size when i changed the roms form (J) to (U) , also the size of the .sav file, so the PPSE-DS cant read it correctly, so i've wanted to know if is there a solution for this issue?

Thanks. and cheers to Chase - san for the great work that shares with us.

Edited by Drummassacre

Thanks. By any chance, do you know what HEX values are for a Pokemon's Stats?

Don't know how to do this one. Sorry. Did you know that you can max your PP to 255?

EDIT 1: In fact, you can't do it yet. I went through every single HEX value and the stats don't seem to change ever.

EDIT 2: Wylfred... Actually I think it's permanent now unless you change it back to normal manually. I went to PC and healed my pokemon and deposited as well and PP (that is maxed to 255) hasn't reverted back yet

Will PPSE-DS support the 1mb saves or the newer games?? The games run at 512kb but they do corrupt if you ever use more data than the amount allocated in the save files.

I have SS and pokesav PC works when the save is 1mb in size but this program converts the size to 512kb so I have to convert it back to 1mb every time I use this program (if anyone else want to software to convert the save files just pm me, it took me a long time to find).

It just means I can't use this program with my latest games without risking corrupting (which I have done before, the game loaded one day and then wasn't recognised the next when using Plat...). I actually finished the game with Plat and it corrupted later but SS probably uses more data and so I don't want to risk it all failing on me (though I do backup).

Just wondering...

The games definitely use 8M save files. They'll work fine at 4M mostly but I've heard some people only had trouble with battle recorder saves on Plat when they're save was too small. If you add the latest savlib file on your flashcard it's meant to make games use correct file sizes if your card doesn't automatically detect the correct size (e.g. my R4 using YSmenu). With that file the saves definitely are created at 8M so... and pokesav only works when the saves are at 8M anyway, or was that just my game :(

Anyway, I can't get PPSE-DS to work on my 4M saves when using SS, it just corrupts the save file (and I have to delete it using a PC and chkdsk). But it will change what I want on my 8M saves and then shrink it back down to 4M. It's crazy because I then have to use the program to double the size again before I can use the save editor. That's my main problem, which is weird considering that this program was obviously designed for the 4M saves... I'm confused :(

Note: I have the European version of the game but that doesn't stop this program working on 8M saves. And pokesav works on both US and EU the same except for the AR codes (I need 8M saves for that).

Edit: I don't know why a lapsed into bits here when I used bytes before. Probably because of Pingouin7's post.

That actually doesn't matter. What I find strange is that I can't use the PPSE-DS unless my saves are 8M. Otherwise my saves just corrupts and the game starts as if there's no save file.

I'll try it again when I have time but I specifically know that I couldn't get this program or pokesav to work with a 4M save file. Both worked fine with 8M save files though... But seeing that this program was designed for 4M I can't work out why I have this problem.

Note, as a reminder, that I have an R4DS clone (as in clone of the clone... I think), I'm using YSmenu and I'm using the EU version of Soul Silver and anyone of these may be causing a problem that I don't know about. (Everything is latest software though as in updated two days ago)

Your R4 is probably using a different type of save file.

Extension may be .sav, but it has to be a raw save file for save editors to work.

But that still doesn't explain why the software works on my 8M saves...

Oh well, I'll just stick to pokesav which I still need 8M saves for.

Question: Does pokesav work for other peoples' 4M saves with either Plat of HGSS because if it does then I know I have problem with my R4.

hi i've tried this homebrew on my supercard ds one sdhc (slot1) but it doesn't work, it stucks when it says "initializing menu and icons please stand by" and the bottom screen remains white. I also tried with dldi patching but it's the same.

But that still doesn't explain why the software works on my 8M saves...

Oh well, I'll just stick to pokesav which I still need 8M saves for.

Question: Does pokesav work for other peoples' 4M saves with either Plat of HGSS because if it does then I know I have problem with my R4.

I just told you it's because your R4 creates some kind of weird save that isn't readable when in 4M format.