Chase-san

OMG if you can get retail cart loading to work you will be my savior! I like my Cyclo but I still like playing my game carts.

Its not actually on my roadmap, but I will keep in mind many people want it.

In my opinion it really is an awesome feature but it is very unstable. I tried for a few hours to get save working but the times I did get it to write, it just wrote junk to the cart.

Its not actually on my roadmap, but I will keep in mind many people want it.

In my opinion it really is an awesome feature but it is very unstable. I tried for a few hours to get save working but the times I did get it to write, it just wrote junk to the cart.

well just take your time, there is DEFINETLY no rush for this.

Hi chase-san.

Your program looks really great.

But I think I'm stupid ... :P

I can't use it on my R4. Perhaps It's not the good folder ... I don't known.

I test all folder, my R4 create a .sav and after ... Nothing, problem with:

- "Initializion failed!"

- argv[0]

- argc 0

It's a R4 for DS/DSlite, 1.18. ^^

Thanks for your help. <3

Kay kay. Sorry this one took me so long, I had tons of buttons to write, and they keyboard had much debugging to go through (especially the Japanese one... T_T).

Oct 10, 2009: r8

+ Added Text Editing Support

+ Added Japanese Text Editing Support

+ Added Pokemon Name Editing

+ Added Pokemon Trainer Data Editing (name,id,sid,gender)

+ Added Trainer Name and Rival Name Editing

+ Added Pokedex placeholder main menu option.

* Moved Pokemon edit controls over for later expansion.

* Decreased hold for drag time in pokemon editor

* Updated Extended Font (added more symbols)

= Fixed extended font render preformance bug

= Fixed extended font render colorless glitch

= Fixed bug with party reordering (minor)

= Fixed preformance bug in name display

= Fixed unclosed file pointer in Extended Font Loader

= PokeLib: Fixed bug in poketext writer

does r8 work with DSTT?

I have an r4 revolution with ysmenu (I tried it on normal firmware too, both work). I have a CycloDS Evolution and it works on there as well.

I have no other carts I am sorry I am poor, but if you want to send me some I can use them to test future versions. You won't get them back. :P

Added a few things, this is a kinda a small update as no new huge functions are in, but the filesize exploded (added like 250 kb) due to the addition of the nds math and nds floating point emulation library for the contest stat editing. I changed the music too, so in the end the file size pretty much doubled with those two changes.

Download

Oct 18, 2009: r10

+ Added Hex Edit View

+ Seperated Pokemon Editing Menu

+ Added option to set you as pokemon's original trainer.

+ Added automatic nickname setting/etc (English only so far)

+ Added pokemon contest stat editing. (its pretty!)

= Fixed RAM_ONLY_MODE to use the background.

= Fixed argv loading problem.

What cart was it launched by?

I tried M3i Zero (Sakura, and packaged homebrew loader), original R4, and Acekard 2i. When I tried the AK2i without the exp. pack, it worked.

CycloDS Evolution

I know you are making this for your self Chase-san, but I still want to thank you for releasing it to the public and keeping us up to date!

Bad news, my mouse is dieing/died. Having it randomly turning off makes it a bit hard to use it, I have a G5, its a very nice mouse, but considering it almost 4 to 5 years old I think I have gotten my moneys worth. So until I can order a new one (hopefully later today) and get a new one delivered (hopefully by next week). I am not sure how much progess I will make on PPSE-DS.

Works great the first time, then I run in to some problems.

After I load it up and change some stuff in my Platinum save, I can play my edited Platinum. But as soon as I try to open it again to change something else, i get "IO Read Error!"

And when I put my SD card into my computer, a screen pops up saying my save file is corrupted and it automatically deletes it.

Anyone know whats happening?

I use an R4 and Windows Vista.

where did you get the bg for r10? O.o.

That background was very hard to find actually, I uploaded it here.

Chase there seems to be considerable demand for some tool to edit and save wondercards from HGSS. If I gave you some offsets and other related info could you implement this?

I would have to add support for all the games then, if you have all of them I can import the functionality into PokeLib and then it may eventually make its way into PPSE-DS. (so sorta yeah I could).

I plan to eventually support loading and saving of individual pkm files aswell.

PokeLib currently is still pretty barebones, since I develop it side by side with PPSE-DS currently. So PokeLib can do anything PPSE-DS can do, but it doesn't work the other way around, not right away. (mainly PokeLib has a much greater ability to edit pokemon then PPSE-DS currently supports).

The other games will be the easy part for me, I'll try to get that information for you asap.

EDIT: Here's a BIG version of the background btw: http://dl.getdropbox.com/u/258536/HGSS%20Art/website%20bg.jpg It's from the background of the official Japanese HGSS website.

EDIT2: Just saw this in my HGSS artwork collection and thought it might make for a better background, it's a lot less busy.

boxart-bg.png

Edited by Poryhack