Chase-san

Excuse me if this sounds like a noob question. When I was in the old forums a long time ago, PPSE (before Pokemod) I believe was being made because Pokesav left traces behind when used. Does this program leave traces behind like Pokesav, or is it going for more the Pokemod approach (I use Pokemod here as I don't know what the idea behind PPSE is, if its the same or not as Pokemod.)

Excuse me if this sounds like a noob question. When I was in the old forums a long time ago, PPSE (before Pokemod) I believe was being made because Pokesav left traces behind when used. Does this program leave traces behind like Pokesav, or is it going for more the Pokemod approach (I use Pokemod here as I don't know what the idea behind PPSE is, if its the same or not as Pokemod.)

Pokésav never left any traces behind unless they were made by the user. However, Pokémod (which is now PPSE) was, and is planned to be more user friendly and have more features than Pokésav, it is also replacing Pokésav as we don't have to rely on waiting for COM to release a japanese version, and then having to translate it. Sooo yeah, PPSE is a much better name than Pokésav as a whole (on these forums anyway).

Dive is missing from the list of moves. I could not find it after several runs though the list.

Oh, and would it be possible for you to make a "legit" mode, in which you can only add moves to a Pokemon that they can learn by TM/HM, Tutor, Level-Up, or Breeding? It is a pain to have to search to make sure you are giving your Pokemon it can legitimately learn. Oh, and if you move a Pokemon from your party to your box, it puts a "?" place holder Pokemon in you party.

Dive is missing from the list of moves. I could not find it after several runs though the list.

Oh, and would it be possible for you to make a "legit" mode, in which you can only add moves to a Pokemon that they can learn by TM/HM, Tutor, Level-Up, or Breeding? It is a pain to have to search to make sure you are giving your Pokemon it can legitimately learn. Oh, and if you move a Pokemon from your party to your box, it puts a "?" place holder Pokemon in you party.

I have fixed Dive, there are a few others that are wrong as well.

Automatic team resorting will be in r7.

As for the 'legit' mode, I do not have the time to create a list of every move every pokemon might be able to have, let alone does the DS have the memory to keep all 493 tables, each with a possible of 467 16-bit entries for possible moves.

This comes to 462384 bytes (minimally), that comes to almost having an entire extra save file in memory. By contrast the music takes up 20452 bytes, and my background and logo images take up a collective 393216 (but I store those in vram, so it doesn't matter) bytes. All the pokemon icons uncompressed combined take up 2mb, thats why I do not load them all at once (I have at most 32 loaded at once, which is 32768 bytes). Unfortuantely I cannot do that with data tables (yet).

Alright, I have r7 now. Its much less buggy now. This is mostly a bugfix edition, though there are a good number of good features too.

+ Added Game Stat Viewer (Not just IV/EV)

+ Added Numeric Species Reference

+ Added Numeric/Alphabetic Species Sort

+ Added Held Item Editing

+ Added button to return to main menu

= Improved Graphical Stability! (a lil)

= Fixed Party Stat Calculation (yay)

= Changed Abilities to Alphabetic Sort

= Internal Rebuilding

Wow, a new version out already? lol

Even if this is a bug fix version, that is crazy fast. Keep up the good work!

---------- Post added at 09:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:23 PM ----------

I don't know if its a bug, but I thought I should report it anyway. When you go to edit the Pokemon's level, the default level displayed is '0' instead of the default Pokemon's level.

I was using version r7.2. btw.

Edited by falconm11
Update

Wow, another update :) The box is much more stable now, in r6 it sometimes glitched up. And the item editing is just awesome. I can't wait for the ability to edit PID, area, trash bytes, and loading in pkms. Keep up the awesome work, It's going great!

Edit* idk if this is a glitch, but I loaded in my Diamond save, and the shaymin had a skymin icon, and DP can't have skymin since it's Pt exclusive.

Oi, 7.2, Fixed that save error (I decided to take a look at my library and spotted the dumb dumb mistake, it was consisting of 1 symbol I forgot!)

Have fun :)

I've been using r5 and noticed that changes wouldn't take (maybe 50% of the time? that'd be consistent with a current/backup problem); I take it that's the issue you fixed?

Wow, another update :) The box is much more stable now, in r6 it sometimes glitched up. And the item editing is just awesome. I can't wait for the ability to edit PID, area, trash bytes, and loading in pkms. Keep up the awesome work, It's going great!

Edit* idk if this is a glitch, but I loaded in my Diamond save, and the shaymin had a skymin icon, and DP can't have skymin since it's Pt exclusive.

You mean it had a Sky Shaymin icon? Yer I noticed that too in r7.2. I was also using a Diamond Save.

When you said edit trash bytes, do you mean that if I edit my Pokemon now, the trash bytes will be invalid, or do you mean changing the values, so you can make invalid Pokemon valid?