Chase-san

I am not particularly proud person. But PPSE-DS does eat into my other projects and time considerably. Time otherwise presuing more interesting things. Like writing regex editors and doing fun stuff with pointers.

So therefore to help justify the time I spend on it, I am going to allow people to donate to me. This will help persuade me to update more quickly/often.

donate_ppseds.png

Usually I would find asking for donations abhorrent. But as that just said, it is a donation. It is not a requirement, the application, like always, will remain 100% free.

It is not blackmail either. I will still work on this program... eventually. However it is currently both in the "if I feel like it" and "when I have time" categories. If I decide to buy Black/White, it may enter back into my "in my own interests to work on", but the US release is several months away (Spring 2011 right?).

• 2 weeks later...

I don't know if this was asked already(probably was) but there is no way I'm looking through 200+ pages to check so I'll just ask again(If it was asked before).

Will PPSE-DS be supporting Pokemon Black/White in the near Future? I am playing the Japanese version and it would be nice if I could use PPSE-DS with it. I know there are a few large hurdles, but it'd be nice.

(If other people don't know what those hurdles are well I'll point out the 150+ new Pokemon as the most obvious.)

Anyway I was just wondering if you were planning on supporting B/W at all, and if Yes, Will it be the Near Future or the "Probably After(Maybe Way After) the US March Release"?

The answer is in this page.

Chase-san say : "If I decide to buy Black/White, it may enter back into my "in my own interests to work on", but the US release is several months away (Spring 2011 right?)."

Thanks for the Reply.

Also Black and White will be Released in the US April 2011(I already Pre-Ordered it), One Month after the US release of the 3DS in March.

And I'd like to thank Chase-san for working on this, it's one of the most useful Homebrew I have.

HI! i love PPSEDS thank you very much for taking the time and effort for this godly project.

however, (i'm probably in the wrong forum) but i noticed that some of the pokemon stats were off.

for example: azelf: for some reason i get a 306 def/sp def(neutral nature and no evs and 31 ivs) but i know for a fact that azelf has terrible def/sp def

also arceus: i cross referenced the stats with smogon and other sites similar to it and found that the stats on my arceus are nearly impossible.

If i could i would help you fix this minor error but unfortunately my coding level is not up to par when using c++

thanks for taking the time to read my concern.

• 1 month later...
just wanted to say i love the ppse and if u need the black and white roms i have them but their just patched japanese roms so most of the game is english

this was answered 5 posts up. please read before asking questions

The answer is in this page.

Chase-san say : "If I decide to buy Black/White, it may enter back into my "in my own interests to work on", but the US release is several months away (Spring 2011 right?)."

Going a touch further than that. let's not mention ROM's here...

I'd hate to see such a project be pulled down. ^^ (look for Chase's post with the paypal button and donate to him!)

(I would like to make a bold statement. The games are so much more fun to play without cheating. At least beat the game first :3 A rule to note with any pokemon game. Another thing to be careful of is Key Items. Getting certain ones before you should have them can make the game unplayable and any damages cannot be held to the program but the users :3 Cheers and have fun)

Hey!

Been a long time user and I'm so grateful that Chase-san has developed such a wonderful tool for the Pokemon community. Marvelous indeed. I just updated from r10 to r11 with much anticipation. However, I feel that it's necessary to report any bugs or issues. I discovered that r11 doesn't run smoothly on 8GB SD cards. I ran it on my 2GB and 4GB and it loaded fine and ran smoothly, although on the 8GB, it approximately takes six seconds to access the Pokemon pages/boxes. I even tested r10 on my 8GB and that ran fine and didn't lag. Now of course, if I have to access Pokemon, let's say in box 10, that'll be roughly a minute. "inb4 Ooo a minute, that won't kill you." Yeah, it won't, but for everything a programmer creates and hands out to their users, that programmer would like to know if there exist any issues so they can return to correct its problems.

So Chase-san, as much as I like your PPSE-DS I'd be even more ecstatic to see a new version that works well in a 8GB MicroSD card. Thanks! :)

Happy Holidays!

its possible that the program got segmented when transferring over, try backing up reformatting and moving everything back (but otherwise there are no really signfigicant changes, aside from moving to libfilesystem and an updated libnds/toolchain, and I cannot do anything about any of those 3). The old lib I was using efs lib, stopped getting support awhile ago, same with ulib.

its possible that the program got segmented when transferring over, try backing up reformatting and moving everything back (but otherwise there are no really signfigicant changes, aside from moving to libfilesystem and an updated libnds/toolchain, and I cannot do anything about any of those 3). The old lib I was using efs lib, stopped getting support awhile ago, same with ulib.

Tried and it didn't work. Searching through the Pokemon Boxes still lags.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Hey. First time here.

This doesn't work on R4i-SDHC 1.30b, but the older versions do perfectly fine. It always tells me to get the Dldi file, even though I have. I even put them in the root, games folder, etc.

Just to let you know.

Have you patched the .nds file? you know, what you actually load.