Problem with Pokémon Black Save and Pkhex

FeluUSW

Hi guys, I was playing pokémon black in a emulator, and after get my initial I tried using pkhex with the save file (.sav) and it worked.

Now, after two medals, I try it again and it gives me this error "Attempeted to load an unsupported file type/size".

This really sucks. Because my plan was to play pokémon black, then with pkhex just copy my team set and instert them in pokémon white 2 (that I already have in cartridge) and then tranfert them to my pokémon Ultra sun with the poké transfer of the pokebank. But I cant do that if Pkhex dosent read my save file.

I'll appreciate your help :)

Thank you very much!

5 hours ago, Kaphotics said:

NocashGbaBackupMediaSavDataFile.a.....â.........................SRAM

PKHeX does not work with Save State files. You need the Save File, not a RAM snapshot.

What? :( but what I uploaded was in the save folder of the emulator (the folder's name is "battery") :/ there's another folder where actually says "save state", but that is not what I uploaded.

I will try it again.

Already change place in-game and save again. What about now? :(

If not, how I can get the save file? :( I swear that after I got my initial poke I opened the .sav in pkhex and it worked, and it was in the same folder (battery).

Thanks for the help.

Pokémon Negro Español.SAV

Edited by FeluUSW

@FeluUSW that is also a save state file that you uploaded.  Your sav file should be 512 kb and not 205 kb.  Look in the battery folder for a file that is 512 kb.  If it isn't there load your game and go to the games main menu on the bottom screen and save the the game again.  Then check the folder again for a file that meets the conditions outlined earlier and that will be your save file.

5ac5895cba120_Wrongfile.png.7b39eef45859769364b608b8c12f49e5.png

5ac5896b91330_Wrongsize.png.d8640e75628d6f9d1dd8593e8d81b3f4.png

5ac58981f3fc3_correctsize.png.d9cba72d55cb94e32cba8619e3ae69e2.png

Edited by Poke J
  • Like 2

15 hours ago, Poke J said:

@FeluUSW that is also a save state file that you uploaded.  Your sav file should be 512 kb and not 205 kb.  Look in the battery folder for a file that is 512 kb.  If it isn't there load your game and go to the games main menu on the bottom screen and save the the game again.  Then check the folder again for a file that meets the conditions outlined earlier and that will be your save file.

14 hours ago, AlexG93 said:

Open your game in DeSmuMe and Import your sav file then save the game and your new sav file is a .dsv file. After that you can use PkHex/PokeGen to edit your game.

Thank you guys!!

I finally could do it! It's a tedious process and a little long, but it works.

I did what Alex sugested, I copy the save file to the Desmume save folder and open it. That created a .dsv file. And yes, I can used Pkhex. The problemas was that if I copy .dsv file to the battery folder of the No$ it won't recognize the save file. But what I did was to open dsv file with Pkhex and then save it as a .sav file, and bingo! That save file works with the No$gba!

So thank you guys for the help :)

• 1 year later...
On 4/5/2018 at 4:27 AM, Poke J said:

Hi, I have a similar problem. I play Pokémon White in my R4, and my .sav is heavier than 512KB (I don't understand, because the .sav from Pokémon Pearl is 512KB in the same folder in R4...)

PKHeX allow the .sav from Pearl and edit it, but not the .sav from White...

18 - Pokémon Blanca.sav

Edited by Ragolay

17 hours ago, Poke J said:

@Ragolay I took a look at your save and it appear for some reason when you save it a whole bunch of unneeded data is added to the end of the save.  So I've truncated the save to 512 KB and open just fine now in PKHeX.  Just make sure the save looks to be correct.

18 - Pokémon Blanca.sav 512 kB · 2 downloads

Thank you very much! At least I know it can be fixed...but how? Because I have progressed in the game (regarding that .sav) and I want fix it on my own, so as not to have to resort to you again.

11 minutes ago, Ragolay said:

Thank you very much! At least I know it can be fixed...but how? Because I have progressed in the game (regarding that .sav) and I want fix it on my own, so as not to have to resort to you again.

Use a hex editor I recommend HxD and delete all of the bytes after 0007FFFF.

Fix Save.png

• Like 1

I don't know what kind of R4 you have, but hopefully you're using Wood, and you should be able to check save type by pressing Y on it, and change it by pressing Y again. It should already be 4M by default, but things could have happened.