Met Location of Time Capsule Trades?

iChaos92

Hi there

I recently started PKMN Crystal and transferred all my Gen 1 Pokemon via PkHex to my Crystal save. As I checked the stats of the Gen 1 Pkmns, I saw that there's no Met Location and the Met Level is always 0. Just wanted to know if this is genuine? If not, what's the correct location?

Thx :)

4 minutes ago, iChaos92 said:

Hi there

I recently started PKMN Crystal and transferred all my Gen 1 Pokemon via PkHex to my Crystal save. As I checked the stats of the Gen 1 Pkmns, I saw that there's no Met Location and the Met Level is always 0. Just wanted to know if this is genuine? If not, what's the correct location?

Thx :)

Met Location and Met Level data doesn't exist in Gen 1 data structure. (Additionally, the structure was created for Crystal; the data is unused in GS)

3 minutes ago, theSLAYER said:

Met Location and Met Level data doesn't exist in Gen 1 data structure. (Additionally, the structure was created for Crystal; the data is unused in GS)

Ah ok, I thought Crystal would generate entries by itself. So there's never a Met Location if I time-capsule-trade right?

10 hours ago, iChaos92 said:

Ah ok, I thought Crystal would generate entries by itself. So there's never a Met Location if I time-capsule-trade right?

Correct. If you send the pokemon to a Gen 1 game, the met location data is completely wiped out. 

If you traded any pokemon to Gold or Silver, the met location would still be preserved. Even though Gold and Silver doesn't keep a record of pokemon caught in their game, the data structure is still present for pokemon traded from crystal. (The data is just blank for pokemon caught in GS) Likewise, sending pokemon that originated Gold and SIlver to crystal will also have no Met Location data, as those values are blank.

• Like 1