Detective Pikachu: Episode 0

evandixon

detective-pikachu-ep-0-169-en.jpg

Following the US release of Detective Pikachu, the Pokémon Company has made a prequel book available for free, for a limited time. It's available in the Apple iBooks Store and Amazon's Kindle Store. Here's a brief synopsis:

Written by the great detective himself, and set just before the events of the video game, “Detective Pikachu: Episode 0—Eevee's Case” tells the story of Pikachu being recruited by Eevee to discover the scoundrel that has messed up the yard at Eevee's home. Detective Pikachu explores Ryme City, interrogating Pokémon, and tracking down who is behind this heinous crime.

Anyone who might want to read this should download it as soon as possible. It's unclear how long this will be available, though presumably it will cost money at some point in the future.

Source

• Like 2

Unfortunately, it's only available in certain countries (US only?) and in order to read it you have to use Apple's iBook or Amazon's Kinde. However, I got a hold on a copy and converted it to .pdf so that nobody will be limited by these rules. I am willing to share it here, but before I do I wanted to ask if it's OK? It is free after all, but as @evandixon says this is likely temporarily and it will presumably cost money at some point in the future. 

3 hours ago, Scried said:

Unfortunately, it's only available in certain countries (US only?) and in order to read it you have to use Apple's iBook or Amazon's Kinde. However, I got a hold on a copy and converted it to .pdf so that nobody will be limited by these rules. I am willing to share it here, but before I do I wanted to ask if it's OK? It is free after all, but as @evandixon says this is likely temporarily and it will presumably cost money at some point in the future. 

Until we know more, I'd rather we didn't repost it anywhere. If they do charge for it in the future, it could be seen as piracy. But thanks for asking.

On 26-3-2018 at 4:26 PM, evandixon said:

Until we know more, I'd rather we didn't repost it anywhere. If they do charge for it in the future, it could be seen as piracy. But thanks for asking.

No problem, yeah I already thought this would be the case, that's why I asked. It's a shame really, sure the story is short, but it's a (free,) nice, short and cute story. I just don't get why they only make these promotions available through certain limited methods which are only available in certain specific countries.