Gen 1 Batch Editor doesn't save .pk file edits from any directory other than save file. Possible bug?

BeyondTheHorizon

NOTE: I noticed Kaphotics getting requests on GitHub to add a catch rate editor for Gen 1 and saying he/she won't implement such a feature outside of the Batch Editor. I therefore apologize for my own request on Monday for the same feature, and if I could delete that post I would.

Hi, I've been having my head done in by this problem for a few days now. Namely, I've been trying to edit the catch rate of a Gen 1 Psyduck I generated to 168, so that it can be treated as the Amnesia Psyduck from Stadium. For some reason, the Batch Editor isn't saving my edit, neither does it save the edits of other options like TID, etc. When I click Run it says it modified the file, but nothing changes. I don't know if it's because I'm setting the directory to where the Psyduck's .pk file is rather than the save file, but I remember being able to do this in an older version of PKHeX so I'm leaning towards a bug here.

If you use the batch editor as described above, the catch rate is changed. I've checked in a hex editor and the change has definitely been set:

Psyduck hex.png

PKHex still marks the Psyduck as illegal though, even with the catch rate set at 168:

Invalid Move 2: Invalid Move.
===

Valid Move 1: Default move.
Valid Move 3: Empty Move.
Valid Move 4: Empty Move.

Valid: Valid Wild Encounter at location.
Valid: Nickname matches species name.
Valid: Valid Type A, matches species type.
Valid: Valid Type B, matches species type.
Valid: Catch Rate matches any species from Pokémon evolution chain.
===

Encounter Type: Wild Encounter Super Rod (Psyduck)

I don't know enough about Gen 1 catch rates to say whether this is an accurate illegal flag, but the batch editor is definitely working, that's for sure.

UPDATE:

I've done a bit more testing and so far PKHex marks it illegal on a Pokemon Red 3DS save (this is correct), a Pokemon Gold/Silver/Crystal 3DS save (this is correct) and on a Pokemon Blue cartridge/emulator save (I think this is wrong).

It marks it as legal on a Pokemon Gold cartridge/emulator save.

Edited by gclarke86