HELP!

Just injected a GBA rom of Pokemon FireRed as a VC cia to my o2DS, running cfw 11.6 and god mode 9. I've fixed the save error you get at the beginning of the game (but message still appears as per usual), and used gm9 to dump the save file to my SD card. I tried to open the save file (linked here) to edit using PkHex but I get this error message, and it just opens to my default save (pokemon sun). I've tried changing the file extension to .pk3, .sav (instead of .gbavc.sav) and even .pk7, but I still get the error. I was hoping someone would know a way of fixing this, or otherwise another way to edit my gba vc save. 

Cheers ;)pkhexhelp.PNG.c3f56b0d9ceb2a6f09816dde169dfd3f.PNG

00040000002DEE00.gbavc.sav

On 27/02/2018 at 10:32 AM, enVias said:

You can fix it by opening the save up in a hex editor like HxD and copy-pasting everything, which will of course change the file size from 64 KB to 128 KB. I just did this for your save myself and the result is attached.

Every time you dump the save you'll have to do this again.

00040000002DEE00.gbavc.sav

OH MY GOD IT WORKS THANK YOU SO MUCH; now I can play FireRed with the team I truly want!! :D

• Like 1

• 5 weeks later...
6 minutes ago, ajxpk said:

I don't get this "Gen 3 games on Virtual Console"-thing... some explanation what this is all about?
Is it emulated via Homebrew or something? Or is it similar like the 3DS Ambassador games?

As we all know there never was an official GBA VC on the 3DS, so I wonder why this is a thing and why people use the term VC...
I don't have a game of the Ambassador program so I don't know how much it was different from the Virtual Console.
Already googled about it btw. but couldn't get any decent information about it, hope someone can shed some light into this. :D  

Personally I can't imagine it's really attractive, except all the different Pokemon GBA features work and you can link and everything...

Actually, the ambassador games do fall under the name Virtual Console, too. However, the way those work is completely different to any other system's VC titles in the sense that GBA games aren't actually emulated at all, they run natively in a "mode" called AGB_FIRM. Basically, in this state, the 3DS acts completely like a GBA and no additional resources are running. The problem is that AGB_FIRM only supports one specific save format and no other special features like RTC. So yeah, it kinda sucks.

https://www.lifewire.com/game-boy-nintendo-3ds-1126293

This has some info.

Also, if you use the Super Injector from enVias' post, they work absolutely flawlessly. When you make the file, you can change a number of things, including the icon shown on the bottom screen, the banner displayed on the top screen and even the title and release date. It legitimately looks like an authentic VC game downloaded from the eShop. You can even add RTC functionality by choosing the RTC save option when creating the file, though this is only necessary with Ruby and Sapphire. FR/LG don't use RTC and in Emerald, the Berry Glitch has been fixed. If anyone would look to try it for themselves, I have the .cia files for all the games that I created myself.

• 7 months later...

I have injected my ROM into my n2ds and have dumped the save from gm9. I have done some editing on vba and am trying to override my gbavc.sav file using HxD. Only problem is that it changes the file size when I try to do that. How do I fix the issue?

Here are both my files if someone could help I'd greatly appreciate it.

000400000094C000.gbavc.sav

Pokemon - Leaf Green.sav