Invalid: Should have a HT Memory Text/Var value

jimmayg

Hello,

I think some strange things are going on either with pkhex, my save file, or maybe ultra sun/moon just acts differently.

I'm playing Ultra Moon at the moment and am trying to edit a legitimately caught slowpoke and turn him into Slowking. I've edited caught pokemon before and changed them into their traded forms without issue, but I'm not having such luck with my ultra moon save.

This is the error I'm getting:

image.png.163839c1de5af003584e50282f161c53.png

These are the things I've set:

image.png.0ee6b20bc47aec4e1430cc2e407fccf3.png

image.png.6a837d1da32c4120ac498a50a76076d5.png

image.png.416102c51ec01a0201d65b26b9e478c6.png

One thing that struck me as odd is that all of my pokemon, including this one, have no real memories on the "Memories with: OT" tab:image.png.008e1da804131677ce8d3bbcb20e7e66.png

image.png.4ea2b62302ba27ec2ab6280c94112bea.png

These last two screenshots are of both an in-game acquired gift Rowlet and a captured Yungoos. As you can see, their OT memories are missing. Is this normal for Ultra Sun/Moon or Gen VII in general?

On pokemon X, it's an entirely different story and everything works just fine. Anybody else have this problem or know what's going on?

Thanks

Edited by jimmayg

Spoiler
1 hour ago, jimmayg said:

Hello,

I think some strange things are going on either with pkhex, my save file, or maybe ultra sun/moon just acts differently.

I'm playing Ultra Moon at the moment and am trying to edit a legitimately caught slowpoke and turn him into Slowking. I've edited caught pokemon before and changed them into their traded forms without issue, but I'm not having such luck with my ultra moon save.

This is the error I'm getting:

image.png.1fe5930ff02df3de703adc4f4975f2eb.png

These are the things I've set:

image.png.34fdceef04ba58a5903d4e3847b5ddb7.png

image.png.d11ea5c6df6529ae0e5b356b375e57ff.png

image.png.bd6a21bea164eb6d1b5aae620b63a2d6.png

One thing that struck me as odd is that all of my pokemon, including this one, have no real memories on the "Memories with: OT" tab:

image.png.27d227346889b204804971ac128c270d.png  image.png.b3ec74bd920aebb7765d1bc3d03f6c43.png

These last two screenshots are of both an in-game acquired gift Rowlet and a captured Yungoos. As you can see, their OT memories are missing. Is this normal for Ultra Sun/Moon or Gen VII in general?

On pokemon X, it's an entirely different story and everything works just fine. Anybody else have this problem or know what's going on?

Thanks

Alright, I think I figured this out... It looks like I basically leave everything blank and just set a (not OT) name on the OT/Misc tab and that's it. Doesn't look like memories or residences are being set this time around. If anyone has any additional info or can confirm my findings please reply.

Thanks

Direct Gen 7 -> Gen 7 trades (Quick Link Trade, Link Trade, Wonder Trade and GTS) do not add memories or residence data.

Pokemon Bank does add some data though:

• Gen 6 -> Bank -> Gen 7 = OT Memories retained; Residence history removed.
  • VC -> Bank -> Gen 7 = Residence updated (Latest added).
  • In both cases, notOT Memories = when it arrived via Link Trade at... somewhere. The Pokemon remembers {random feeling}.
    • Subsequent direct Gen7 -> Gen 7 trades will reset this to the default (seems to have a good memory, but it doesn't seem to be able to remember...).

Based on personal testing, I believe Gen 7 -> Bank -> Gen 7 will update notOT Memories and Residence only if the Latest (notOT) Handler is different to that of the receiving game. I tested the following using my copies of Y, Sun, Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon:

• Sun (self-caught) -> Bank -> Ultra Sun =  notOT Memories added; Residence updated (Latest added).
  • Ultra Sun (self-caught) -> Bank -> Sun = notOT Memories added; Residence updated (Latest added).
  • Ultra Sun (self-caught) -> Sun (via Quick Link Trade) -> Bank -> Ultra Sun (notOT Handler did not change) = no memories or residence data.
  • GTS (origin: Ultra Moon) -> Ultra Sun -> Bank -> Ultra Sun (notOT Handler did not change) = no memories or residence data.
  • VC Red -> Bank -> Ultra Sun = notOT Memories added; Residence updated (Latest added).
    • ^ -> Bank -> Sun = notOT Memories updated (new notOT Handler); Residence updated (Latest updated and Past 1 added)
  • Y (heavily traded Xerneas with full Residence history) -> Bank -> Ultra Sun = OT Memories retained; notOT Memories added; Residence history removed.
    • ^ -> Bank -> Sun = OT Memories retained; notOT Memories updated (new notOT Handler); Residence updated (Latest added).

As pk7 files do not contain the TID/SID of the Latest (notOT) Handler, I'm not sure if Pokemon Bank can detect whether the receiving handler is actually different if the trainer happens to have the same name as the current notOT Handler.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1