Mystery Gift Date Received is outside of the availability range

jimmiejoe

I have restarted my Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon games. I set the console date to 11/17/2017 and created new saves just after you wake up in your room.

I downloaded the Mystery Gift database on 1/22/2018.

I am importing the "Card # 1624 - A special Rockruff!" and "Card # 0630 - The Time Travel Pokémon Celebi" Mystery Gifts into my Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon main file exported and imported with JKSV, but the WC date received is showing as 1/22/2018 which is outside of the legal availability date. Thinking that the date was tied to the database download date; I change the create date, the modified date and the access date to 11/18/2017. I then deleted the mystery gifts in the main file and reimported them, but the WC received date is still showing as 1/22/2018.

How do I changed the WC received date to a correct available date.

Edited by jimmiejoe

Change your computer's date to 11/17/2017, then use PKHeX to import the wonder card,
then get back to us.

PKHeX normally sets received date based on following the computer.
WC7Full's date is normally blank. and also "when you downloaded it" wouldn't write bytes into the WC7full.

I will try changing the computer date tomorrow and see what happens. I did all the work on the computer today and it has a date of 2/17/2018. Which does not match the 1/22/2018 date. Only the Mystery Gift Database download matches the 1/22/2018 date, even though I have now manually changed the file date to 11/18/2017 on 2/17/2018.

i will also try deleting the mystery gift database and re download it to see if it does in fact tract to the download date.

Working as intended; receiving a .wcxfull naturally sets the gift date to the current date of the system.

You can always have a desync'd 3DS clock, so any date-legality checking you may have been advised on is incorrect.

If you can't be bothered with changing your system clock, just import the gift file to the main window and PKHeX will create a Pokémon the same way the game does, after which you can set the date to whatever you want.

• Like 1

@Kaphotics

You stated: Working as intended; receiving a .wcxfull naturally sets the gift date to the current date of the system.

If it is working as intended, why is the date 1/22/2018, instead of the system date which is 2/17/2018. Your explanation does not fit the facts.

You stated: You can always have a desync'd 3DS clock, so any date-legality checking you may have been advised on is incorrect.

The Nintendo WiFi availability dates for the "Card # 1624 - A special Rockruff!" were from November 17th 2017 - January 10th 2018.  1/22/2018 is outside of this range.

Pls explain why the system date is not the date showing in the WC, as you stated that it should be. 1/22/2018 is not a system date. It does not match the computer or the 3DS.

It's simple. You change your 3DS to have whatever date you want it to be prior to receiving it from Nintendo's servers. If no date is defined in the download, the console's date is applied to the data prior to saving it to your save file as a wcx.

In this case, the data you are trying to add has already had a date set to it. PKHeX isn't arbitrarily choosing a date.

@Kaphotics

It sounds like you are talking about receiving the gift from the postman. I am not far enough into the game to be able to access the postman.

I am talking about what is in the Card Album.

@theSLAYER

You stated: Change your computer's date to 11/17/2017, then use PKHeX to import the wonder card,
then get back to us.

Current computer date is 2/17/2018, not 1/22/2018, so why didn't it give me a WC with a 2/17/2018 date.

Changing the computer date to 11/17/2017, and then deleting and reimporting the Mystery Gift file resulted in a WC with a received date of 1/22/2018, not 11/17/2018.

You Stated : PKHeX normally sets received date based on following the computer.
                     WC7Full's date is normally blank. and also "when you downloaded it" wouldn't write bytes into the WC7full.

It appears that the Received date is being set upon Exporting the Mystery Gift, Not upon importing the Mystery Gift.

I have re Exported the Mystery Gift Database with the system date set to 11/17/2018. now when I import from this export instead of the other export I get a WC with 11/17/2018.

Clearly, PKHex is setting the date when you Download/Export the mystery gift, not when you Import the mystery gift.

I tried to provide screenshots, but the server is rejecting them.

•  

Edited by jimmiejoe

@jimmiejoe it sounds like you're exporting wonder cards from PKHeX then reimporting.

just use the wonder cards from our gallery. A big bulk of them come straight from the server and doesn't have a date set in them.

then, using those that have blank dates, change your computer date, then import em into your save.

in any case, as Kaphotics already mentioned date legality doesn't really matter, since you could have changed your 3DS date then recieved the wonder card, which then would show a different date in your wonder card album.

anyone that is that adamant about the dates, raises red flags with me; it sounds like they're trying to pawn off injected events as "fully legitimate", and need the dates to prove it. 

I hope that that isn't the case for this.

@theSLAYER I guess I do not understand how to use the galley to import the WC.

When I click on the Mystery Gift Tool and then on Import it opens a window looking for an external file. The only way I know to provide the file is to Export the database and then pick a file. I am not interested in directly importing the pokemon, as it removes the randomness of using the WC. I still want to be able to go to the deliveryman once I progress that far in the game.

The games are only used between me and my kids, we do not use any of the game's online services as you never know when Nintendo is going to decapitate the feature. We play all of the Carts from GB to current, but as stated Nintendo has stop supporting the external features on anything that is not current. Regardless, I am only interested in adding Event Pokémon to my saves. We do not use modified pokemon in our saves, just the one that you can get from the game or events.

Being an Engineer I do want thing to be correct, hense the desire to have a correct date.

Anyway is there a guide to show me how to use the gallery to import the WC, since I must be doing something wrong, based on your comment.

•  

@jimmiejoe I was referring to our on-site Event Gallery. It is sorted by generation and language, so it should be easy to navigate.

23 minutes ago, jimmiejoe said:

Being an Engineer I do want thing to be correct, hense the desire to have a correct date.

As an engineer, you should be able to accept that due to the technicality that you're able to change the date of your console,
any date is the correct date, as the datestamp used on the wonder card is based on the console, not the delivery server.

In any case, I can understand some people prefer to have received date displayed to be within the range.
So basically, download the wonder card file from our online event gallery.
Change your computer date, then launch PKHeX and import it.

It should now display the correct date :)

Make sure you also understand language/region combination legality:
https://projectpokemon.org/home/forums/topic/40444-a-collectors-guide-to-wc7-language-and-region-mayhem/

@theSLAYER Your stated: So basically, download the wonder card file from our online event gallery.
Change your computer date, then launch PKHeX and import it.

From my experience the date of the computer after downloading is irrelevant. It seems that the date only matter upon downloading/exporting, not importing. This is where I have a disconnect with what you are telling me.  Is there a different button or something that I am suppose to be using to download so that the date does not get set until I import?

Here is the steps I performed:

1) Start with Computer Date of today 2/18/2018.

2) Open PKHex

3) Click on Tools > Data > Mystery Gift Database

4) Find Event Pokémon of interest. In this case I picked Celebi with TID:43033 OT:Ilex

5) Right click on Save Gift

6) Select save location

7) Close PKHex

8) Change computer date to 11/20/2017.

9) Open PKHex

10) Open sav file

11) Click on Mystery Gift button

12) Click on Import button

13) Locate Gift file from 5) which has a file date stamp of 2/18/2018.

14) Right click on empty slot and select Set

15) Click Save

16) Click File > Export Sav... > Export main

17) Click Save

18) Remove SD from computer and reinstall in 3DS.

19) Overwrite main

20) Open the Game, click on Mystery Gift, Click on Check the Card Album

21) Date received 2/18/2018, not the computer date at import of 11/20/2017.

17 minutes ago, jimmiejoe said:

3) Click on Tools > Data > Mystery Gift Database

this here. don't do this. Stop trying to download from that database, and stop exporting from there.
That entire procedure you're doing is causing the very problem you're trying to fix.

@jimmiejoe If you want to be able to set custom date (as per the time-date changing method), don't use the wcx from PKHeX.

Use the ones on our event gallery, at this link:
https://projectpokemon.org/home/files/category/2-event-gallery/

Just now, jimmiejoe said:

@Kaphotics  I assume steps 7), 8), and 9) met this requirement.  If not, let me know what I am missing.

At the beginning.

Program loads -> apply dates to any missing.

Since you're exporting with the above ^ date, the date is fixed to that date (not the date you set your PC to later).

Set your PC date prior to doing any export/edits, ie step 0.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, jimmiejoe said:

Thank you, you have confirmed that it is the export step that is critical, not the import step.

Technically not correct.

You're technically importing from the PKHeX database, so it automatically sets a date when you do so.
When you export from the save, you're exporting one that already has a date, as mentioned the line above.

Now that this is resolved, I'm locking the thread.