Alola photo club skip in pokémon star rom hack

I'm having problems with skipping the Alola photo club in the pokémon star ROM hack. when I try to edit the event flag, but it keeps saying that my main file is "unsupported". is this a problem with the hack, my main file, or can pkhex not handle with it? Many pokétubers are able to skip past it so I just don't know what i'm doing wrong. if pkhex isn't a solution, what else can I use to skip past? 

this is my main file so if anything is wrong please tell me.

main

Edited by Shinysilverstardust

1 hour ago, Shinysilverstardust said:

I'm having problems with skipping the Alola photo club in the pokémon star ROM hack. when I try to edit the event flag, but it keeps saying that my main file is "unsupported". is this a problem with the hack, my main file, or can pkhex not handle with it? Many pokétubers are able to skip past it so I just don't know what i'm doing wrong. if pkhex isn't a solution, what else can I use to skip past? 

this is my main file so if anything is wrong please tell me.

main

Your main contains data (and appears to be at least partially a valid save file; I see box names inside), and is of correct size, but somehow PKHeX can't open it.

Maybe the rom hack modified sectors of the save, that PKHeX use for save file recognition.

Try loading your save on a "non-hacked/standard" rom, save in that game, then export out the save and try to load it on PKHeX.

14 hours ago, Kaphotics said:

that's a default save file that hasn't been saved ingame (no checksum footer).

save and close the emulator; and if you really have a problem with an emulator, just play it on your 3DS with your legit game copy since ROM hacks are not advanced enough to have a different story progression.

I have ultra moon myself but I downloaded Pokémon star because its a completle diffrent game, can I stil play that ROM on 3ds than?

1 hour ago, Shinysilverstardust said:

I have ultra moon myself but I downloaded Pokémon star because its a completle diffrent game, can I stil play that ROM on 3ds than?

Again, the ROM hack you are playing is a re-skin with text changes. The overall progression is the same as the official game. You can put your romhack save back on the 3ds and continue through the roadblock, then copy back to the emulator.