• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Wow! A big work

All missing genre forms ( gen 3)

Posted Images

I took stock on what's been done so far and what (to my knowledge) still needs to be done.

Still missing:

• shiny back sprites for non-Normal Arceus forms
  • both back sprites (normal and shiny) for these Cosplay Pikachu forms: Rock Star, Pop Star, Ph. D, Libre.
  • both back sprites (normal and shiny) for the female forms of all gen 1 through 4 Pokémon with gender differences. It's a huge list but the only ones with big enough differences are probably just Hippopotas and Hippowdon, so these can mostly be skipped.
  • normal back sprite for female Frillish
  • both back sprites (normal and shiny) for female Jellicent

Gen 1 through 4 Pokémon with gender differences, for reference:

Spoiler

Venusaur, Butterfree, Rattata, Raticate, Pikachu, Raichu, Zubat, Golbat, Gloom, Vileplume, Kadabra, Alakazam, Doduo, Dodrio, Hypno, Rhyhorn, Rhydon, Goldeen, Seaking, Scyther, Magikarp, Gyarados, Meganium, Ledyba, Ledian, Xatu, Sudowoodo, Politoed, Aipom, Wooper, Quagsire, Murkrow, Wobbuffet, Girafarig, Gligar, Steelix, Scizor, Heracross, Sneasel, Ursaring, Piloswine, Octillery, Houndoom, Donphan, Torchic, Combusken, Blaziken, Beautifly, Dustox, Ludicolo, Nuzleaf, Shiftry, Meditite, Medicham, Roselia, Gulpin, Swalot, Numel, Camerupt, Cacturne, Milotic, Relicanth, Starly, Staravia, Staraptor, Bidoof, Bibarel, Kricketot, Kricketune, Shinx, Luxio, Luxray, Roserade, Combee, Pachirisu, Buizel, Floatzel, Ambipom, Gible, Gabite, Garchomp, Hippopotas, Hippowdon, Croagunk, Toxicroak, Finneon, Lumineon, Snover, Abomasnow, Weavile, Rhyperior, Tangrowth, Mamoswine

Amazing work, everybody!

1 hour ago, Drk said:

both back sprites (normal and shiny) for these Cosplay Pikachu forms: Rock Star, Pop Star, Ph. D, Libre.

This part's impossible to record unless someone manually gets the ragdoll, animates it and records it from scratch

1 hour ago, Drk said:

both back sprites (normal and shiny) for these Cosplay Pikachu forms: Rock Star, Pop Star, Ph. D, Libre.

this is impossible, I explained it in the US / UM sprite thread

1 hour ago, Drk said:
  • normal back sprite for female Frillish
  • both back sprites (normal and shiny) for female Jellicent

I checked that when I was looking for some missing backsprites and this pokemon already exist

with respect to gender differences, many are not easily detected, so they are not priorities right now

PD: I start capturing arceus shinys back, Thanks for notifying us

Edited by Kalaxe
3 minutes ago, Ridaz said:

This part's impossible to record unless someone manually gets the ragdoll, animates it and records it from scratch

Not impossible. Just tedious.
Swap out the 3d model with some other creature in the Pokedex.
People can load custom models/textures for the game, it is the same as that process effectively.

theSLAYER beat me to it.

It's definitely possible, because someone somewhere was able to get these using that method:

hrRdC7a.gif z53qm8Y.gif BaHIILt.gif ISOnVJv.gif

I just wish I knew where these came from, in case the others are already done

8 minutes ago, Kalaxe said:

I checked that when I was looking for some missing backsprites and this pokemon already exist

Where can I find these ones? I have looked but have not been able to find them yet

Edited by Drk
  • Like 1

I've only done model swaps for Gen 7.
It appears that Gen 6 model swaps use a similar process, but file formats are different (so Gen 6 and 7 cannot swap files easily)

In any case, here is a random video I found (which I personally find to be a bit long winded) of how it can be done.
I recommend compiling the garc only (as opposed to the full game), if you have saltySD or Luma support (or any kind of layered FS support really).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2_H7ZIDN7Lo

3 minutes ago, Ridaz said:

That's because it came from here. There's a reason I said it needs to be made from scratch.

I found them here too: https://wiki.pokemoncentral.it/Pikachu/Sprite_e_modelli

But you're correct about them originating from there :)

In any case, it isn't necessary to make them from scratch.
Pretty sure a model swap can be done, as per the video I linked.
(just don't swap in the fake ash greninja, just get copy the cosplay pikachus to replace the kanto starters or something XD)

I have been checking which were the most relevant backsprites-f that were missing and I think  that there are 3 pokemon that are missing: Heracross-f (normal + shiny), snover (normal-f, shiny-m) and hippopotas- f (normal + shiny). I have captured and removed the background:

heracross-f.gif.eb385dab62659a8c00d113a09cd67c34.gifheracross-f-shiny.gif.039b085e011bb7ec7f439be0ac1ebc5c.gifhippopotas-f.gif.e30ed66a2c58fec20d271f8fe3de0df0.gifhippopotas-f-shiny.gif.0f24b919584c85b1a59ad8ad0fcb5ead.gifsnover-f.gif.212b338785d21efb60e52a8e05ab1ca3.gifsnover-s.gif.5db8c7b0c6a23ae1aed5f5f7ab3c05b7.gif

Edited by Kalaxe