Help removing background of 3ds sprites are missing

Kalaxe

Hello everyone! Many of you will already know me by capturing the US / UM backsprites.

This time I have come to propose a quite ambitious project. It's capture and remove all 3ds pokemon sprites. Many of you will know that enough are missing, I promise to capture them all. The problem is that I'm not so good at removing the background and there are people here who do it faster and better than me, so I ask for help.

Edit: 

to find meltan and memeltan sprites, visit this link

With the sprites of the pikachu customes we can finish the project. Special thanks to @Lessangel for helping me remove the background and all those who indicated some missing sprites. Also to @theSLAYER for always being alert and helping us. I leave here the link of all the sprites that we have done in this thread and I also add the US / UM pokemon so that they are all together in case someone does not know about the previous one.

https://mega.nz/#F!F1EXlQ6B!kb_MSomzOFe31rkDCyGHLQ

I will not disappear so if you see that some sprite that has visual relevance has been missing, put it here and I will capture it as soon as possible

The list I have made is composed of:

Backsprites of all S / M shinys pokemon: Done

Some missing backsprites: Done

All unown shinys (front and back) Done

Arceus shiny : Done

Sprites pokemon totem (shiny and normal: front and back) Done

Pikachu customes (without back pikachu-libre) Done

Glameow sprite gen 7: Done

Meltan and Memeltan sprites: Done

If you see that one of relevance is missing, put it here and as much as possible I will capture it

Edited by Kalaxe
  • Like 2

I can offer advise on:
1. Modifying SM, in order to recapture National dex creatures on Alola dex (because some of them had changes, like Glameow: example)
How it would look like:
wkyurem w eye ns.png

2. I suggest removing the background of the Pokedex, so that creatures with "transparency/glow issues" will not need to be modified.
I have locaed the files and the garc it's from. Problem is, I have no idea how to recompile smtexturerip-ped textures back into the respective bins.
The files that appear to determine the background (according to citra's pica breakpoints)
file_00001_4C00.png Dot effect
file_00002_9000.png appears to control the coloration of the background
file_00001_880.png Appears to be the zig-zag effect

(location in garc a123)

Process on how I got to the files:
1. a123 ripped from romfs
2. Drag the garc into Ohana window to obtain the 0.bin file
3. Drag the 0.bin into Ohana window to obtain separate bins
4. Drag the separate bins onto the smtexrip program to obtain relevant files.

3 hours ago, theSLAYER said:

because some of them had changes

you are right about that    glameow-oras.PNG.802c6e281633f9af09a6a832ebf9a032.PNG  vs 5a78869885f68_glameowus-um.PNG.ccb8635d6abf6e604c8cf76116059c3f.PNG  but the problem is that in US / UM the national pokedex does not exist. It would only be possible if we access the pokebank.

1 hour ago, Kalaxe said:

you are right about that    glameow-oras.PNG.802c6e281633f9af09a6a832ebf9a032.PNG  vs 5a78869885f68_glameowus-um.PNG.ccb8635d6abf6e604c8cf76116059c3f.PNG  but the problem is that in US / UM the national pokedex does not exist. It would only be possible if we access the pokebank.

I think you misunderstood my point 1.

By modifying the garc that holds Pokemon Models/textures/animations, we can swap the models of Pokemon outside of the Alola Dex (national dex entries) into the Alola Dex!

thats basically the Kyurem images I showed you! I swapped them into Rowlet ;)

On 2018/2/5 at 9:15 PM, theSLAYER said:

I can offer advise on:
1. Modifying SM, in order to recapture National dex creatures on Alola dex (because some of them had changes, like Glameow: example)
How it would look like:
wkyurem w eye ns.png

2. I suggest removing the background of the Pokedex, so that creatures with "transparency/glow issues" will not need to be modified.
I have location the files and the garc, just that I have no idea how to recompile smtexturerip-ped textures back into bins.
The files that appear to determine the background (according to citra's pica breakpoints)
file_00001_4C00.png Dot effect
file_00002_9000.png appears to control the coloration of the background
file_00001_880.png Appears to be the zig-zag effect

(location in garc a123)

Process on how I got to the files:
a123 ripped > Ohana extract garc to 0.bin > Ohana extract the 0.bin to separate bins > smtexrip the relevant files.

if possible,Editing the background to a single color helps to clean it up faster

3 hours ago, Lessangel said:

MEGA steelix is still not perfect 。Need a longer video, to take the clip

Okey, i will chek it again

Edit: Steelix mega (normal) backsprite are perfect, the rest i have to fix it

Edited by Kalaxe

all right!  All the shinys backsprites of  s/m are already uploaded> https://mega.nz/#F!NlNyGKqZ!i-QbrdK8qfzebvUJJBpObw

PS: Magearna normal, marshadow backsprites are missing because they are the same as normal versions.
Minions backsprites are missing all except one because they are all the same.
The shellos-east backsprites have been added because they do not exist

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Kalaxe said:

all right!  All the shinys backsprites of  s/m are already uploaded> https://mega.nz/#F!NlNyGKqZ!i-QbrdK8qfzebvUJJBpObw

PS: Magearna normal, marshadow backsprites are missing because they are the same as normal versions.
Minions backsprites are missing all except one because they are all the same.
The shellos-east backsprites have been added because they do not exist

woohoo! thanks!

i'll do pokedex number 200 to 401, lessangel can do the first 200 if they want

:) gl to all

and ty again kalaxe

1 minute ago, Maxalexanderpi >.> said:

woohoo! thanks!

and ty again kalaxe

oki, although lessangel goes faster than you. I should do the most but as he wants

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Maxalexanderpi >.> said:

woohoo! thanks!

and ty again kalaxe

have you cleaned up totems ? It have almost 48 pictures , that is fast , these are much complicated than Unowns