Jump to content

crabawler bug


paf
 Share

Recommended Posts

According to Serebii as well, the range is 26-29. Tried to check it myself in both versions but had no luck (as some of the data is generated before the Crabrawler is even encountered, I'd have to wait for midnight to test again).

You sure you haven't edited it? Thing was caught months ago so you might've changed its met level and don't remember it.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

31 minutes ago, Ruby Genseki said:

According to Serebii as well, the range is 26-29. Tried to check it myself in both versions but had no luck (as some of the data is generated before the Crabrawler is even encountered, I'd have to wait for midnight to test again).

You sure you haven't edited it? Thing was caught months ago so you might've changed its met level and don't remember it.

Easiest way to know for sure, is to check the encounter table extracted from the game, but I'm blanking on who has it dumped.
@wwwwwwzx  you able to check this? :3

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I see.I'll look for that crabawler by myself.if I find another one,I'll post here.I didn't edit my crabawler I got it when I was playing US and thought anybody should see this error.If the encounter table says that it's impossible to get it., it could happen an error in my game.so I apologize for this.

Another error I found is about this raticate that shouldn't be not legal in gen 1 sav files. it is found in pokemon blue in route 4.I looked for it in serebii.net and dind't found this encounter but I could take three of this pokemon. 

020 - RATICATE - 1196.pk1

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, paf said:

I see.I'll look for that crabawler by myself.if I find another one,I'll post here.I didn't edit my crabawler I got it when I was playing US and thought anybody should see this error.If the encounter table says that it's impossible to get it., it could happen an error in my game.so I apologize for this.

Another error I found is about this raticate that shouldn't be not legal in gen 1 sav files. it is found in pokemon blue in route 4.I looked for it in serebii.net and dind't found this encounter but I could take three of this pokemon. 

020 - RATICATE - 1196.pk1

Raticate can't be encountered on Route 4.

https://github.com/pret/pokered/blob/46a94c63fc287e7290502776d02648476bc44171/data/wildPokemon/route4.asm

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, paf said:

I found it only in pokemon blue not red.I don't know if the encounter table is different from red version.

 

raticate.png

What version of Pokemon Blue you're playing? (VC? Emu?)

I ran around with 30 Max repels and a Lv 12 Pikachu as lead, at the claimed Route 4, and no Lv 12 Raticate appeared.
As of present, unless better proof is presented, I'm inclined to believe the datamined resources.

===========

edit: @Kaphotics Assuming that there isn't a glitch in the game, with how it pulls the levels from the encounter table,
I postulate that the Lv 25 Crabrawler is a programmed encounter.
Interacting with that particular tree's berry pile for the first time will activate the encounter (my every first encounter so far, has been lv 25).
(additionally, I'll like to note that SciresM's shiny patch code is active, and the Crabrawler isn't shiny. Meaning this encounter is shiny-locked
I made a mistake and the code wasn't on. This encounter can be shiny.)

 

[If you run away from the Crabrawler, the fixed encounter will happen when you try to interact with the berries again]

DUr51BbVAAADISV.jpgDUr_GpMVwAAqwUo.jpg
(my tweet showing the image, when I did the testing) (second tweet, with shiny code properly working)

Anyone with the know-how can dig through the list of fixed encounters, and it'll be there :)

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

About raticate I play pokemon blue in emu.I tried to find another rom with that encounter and couldnt find it.so I beleive somebody editted the rom I got (what is more probable),unless there is a special blue edition with that encounter. 

About crabrawler I could find another one.so it is a normal encounter for both US/UM games.

739 - Crabrawler - EFD3E42E33EE.pk7

Edited by paf
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, paf said:

About raticate I play pokemon blue in emu.I tried to find another rom with that encounter and couldnt find it.so I beleive somebody editted the rom I got (what is more probable),unless there is a special blue edition with that encounter. 

About crabrawler I could find another one.so it is a normal encounter for both US/UM games.

739 - Crabrawler - EFD3E42E33EE.pk7

I believe I have explained Crabrawler's encounter :)

yeah your blue being modded is likely

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Only Crabrawler will have this problem and need more time to find the source.

sub_3A3584 (UMv1.2) is the subroutine for random encounter level. It gets called for any wild, including pokemon in dividing peak tunnel and in-battle SOS call. (So Lv 26-29 is still the correct range for ally Crabrawlers)

The level of crabrawler first encounter is more like map resources such as berries pile size, and can be SRed as daily events, afaik.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

@Kaphotics

I didn't find the exact source code, but I have a reasonable theory now.

So basically the level of crabrawler only depends on the pile size. Big pile has 2 level higher crabrawler than the small one.

RAM address 0x32DE3208 for berry piles status.

+ 0x25 is the bit flag for Crabrawler existence

+ 0x26 is the Crabrawler level

+ 0x28 is the regular berries table (6 x WORD)

Several tests via debugger gives following results: https://github.com/wwwwwwzx/3DSRNGTool/blob/master/Data/BerryTrees.md

And compare with the SuMo level range for Crabrawler, they are just the third highest level and the highest level.

(For example, SuMo Route 10 level range: 24-27, scripted Crabrawler level is 25 for small pile size, 27 for big size)

So I guess they didn't update this with USUM.

To summarize, the level of first encounter was scripted inside the SuMo SOS encounter level ranges. But in USUM, they are out of range because the encounter table changes.

A solution is adding following static encounter:

new EncounterStatic { Species = 739, Level = 25, Location = 106, }, // Route 10
new EncounterStatic { Species = 739, Level = 28, Location = 110, }, // Ula'ula Beach
new EncounterStatic { Species = 739, Level = 31, Location = 118, }, // Route 16
new EncounterStatic { Species = 739, Level = 32, Location = 120, }, // Route 17

 

Edited by wwwwwwzx
  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 1 month later...

Hello Everyone,

      I don't know what the current status of this bug is, if it's been confirmed as a bug or not but I also ran into this issue. I actually have 2 legitimately caught crabrawlers that are showing up as illegal in pkhex. One is Level 25 from route 10, the other I just caught is Level 32 Route 17. Both crabrawlers appear to be one level under what is stated on bulbapedia for possible level range for their respective locations yet they were caught in game with no codes of any kind being active. Neither pokemon have been edited in any way.

image.png.d7b730006bebb49f716c5fe5e5facaaf.png

image.png.d10cf949398666a11b9ed8761b10b168.png

image.png.4eb69d34bd78188216af130525d7fd11.png

      From what I've read, it sounds like these lower level encounters are first time encounters that occur the first time you interact with a pile of berries. I don't know if this has been confirmed or not but all I can say for sure is these crabrawler, along with the rest of the pokemon I've caught, have not been edited. I caught them when they popped up and moved on. I hope this information helps if a conclusion hasn't been made on the matter. If one has, please let me know. Thanks

 

Edited by jimmayg
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...