MiguelxTx

I have a quiestion about third generation....

Mean while generating pokemon PID and IV's, i learn about the different methods to make this, for example: 

Generating 16 bits numbers i get the following

[A321], [CC32], [3421], [E443], [3444], [EFAC]....     (Only for example).

Now i assign a letter to each 16 bits number:           (Only for example).

[A]                [C]       [D]        [E]        [F]....

[A321], [CC32], [3421], [E443], [3444], [EFAC]....

Now for the method 1 i get this:

[PID] [PID] [IVs] [IVs]  ->  [A321], [CC32], [3421], [E443]  -> ABCD

for the method 2 i get this:

[PID] [PID] [xxxx] [IVs] [IVs]  -> [A321], [CC32],  [E443], [3444]  -> ABDE

and for the method 4 i get this:

[PID] [PID] [IVs] [xxxx] [IVs] -> [A321], [CC32], [3421], [3444]  ->  ABCE

the question is... What about all others configurations? 

[ABCD][ABDC][ACBD][ACDB]
[ADBC][ADCB][BACD][BADC]
[BCAD][BCDA][BDAC][BDCA]
[CABD][CADB][CBAD][CBDA]
[CDAB][CDBA][DABC][DACB]
[DBAC][DBCA][DCAB][DCBA]

Edited by MiguelxTx
Format
  • Like 1

The different methods are a byproduct of something called vblank. Vblank is an interrupt function that happens as a result of screen rendering and it executes an RNG call.

During wild encounters, the game picks a nature, then keeps rolling PIDs until it finds one that matches, then generates IVs.  There is almost always a single vblank (dead RNG call) between battle start and the chosen PID. Sometimes two vblanks if enough PIDs are rerolled.

Other times that second vblank happens during the PID roll. Theoretically could be between the PID halves, between the PID and IVs, or the IVs themselves.

Method 1 is 0 or 1 vblank before PID is chosen.(often referred to as Method H1)

Method 2 is 1st or 2nd vblank between PID halves. (often referred to as Theoretical Method H3). This method is so exceedingly rare (nobody has reproduced one or found one in the wild) it is skipped where Method 3 is often called Method 2.

Method 3 is 1st or 2nd vblank between PID and IVs. (often referred to as Method H2)

Method 4 is 1st or 2nd vblank between IV halves. (Often referred to as Method H4)

The order is always the same (hence no CDAB). You can find it in PKHex's legality, including battle chance, first party check, nature confirmation, etc.

• Like 1

On 28/1/2018 at 2:52 AM, Sabresite said:

The different methods are a byproduct of something called vblank. Vblank is an interrupt function that happens as a result of screen rendering and it executes an RNG call.

During wild encounters, the game picks a nature, then keeps rolling PIDs until it finds one that matches, then generates IVs.  There is almost always a single vblank (dead RNG call) between battle start and the chosen PID. Sometimes two vblanks if enough PIDs are rerolled.

Other times that second vblank happens during the PID roll. Theoretically could be between the PID halves, between the PID and IVs, or the IVs themselves.

Method 1 is 0 or 1 vblank before PID is chosen.(often referred to as Method H1)

Method 2 is 1st or 2nd vblank between PID halves. (often referred to as Theoretical Method H3). This method is so exceedingly rare (nobody has reproduced one or found one in the wild) it is skipped where Method 3 is often called Method 2.

Method 3 is 1st or 2nd vblank between PID and IVs. (often referred to as Method H2)

Method 4 is 1st or 2nd vblank between IV halves. (Often referred to as Method H4)

The order is always the same (hence no CDAB). You can find it in PKHex's legality, including battle chance, first party check, nature confirmation, etc.

ok, understanding what you say, i get this:

[PID] [PID] [IVs] [IVs]

[PID] [PID] [xxxx][IVs] [IVs]

[PID] [xxxx][PID] [IVs] [IVs]

[PID] [PID] [IVs][xxxx] [IVs]

And, only can generate valid PIDs and IVs from that order right?

On 26/12/2012 at 3:41 PM, XDRZERO said:

I am getting a good experience of working on Encyclopedia Pokémon Esmeralda of creating Legit Events and I would like to make a legit one. These are the Methods where Pokémon can be caught:

1 (A-B-C-D) - Normal NDS or GBA - This type is the most common and will be seen on wild/legend encountered pokemon in nds/gba games.

2 (A-B-C-E) - Wild GBA - This type is less common and will be seen on wild encountered pokemon in gba games. It is unclear whether GBA legends will be seen with this type.

3 (A-B-C-F) - Uncommon GBA - This type is seen uncommonly by wild encountered pokemon in gba games.

4 (A-B-D-E) - Rare GBA - This type is seen rarely by wild encountered pokemon in gba games.

5 (A-B-D-F) - Very Rare GBA - This type is seen in less than 1% of wild encountered pokemon in gba games.

6 (A-B-E-F) - Ultra Rare GBA - This type is seen in less than 0.01% of wild encountered pokemon in gba games.

7 (A-C-D-E) - UNKNOWN

8 (A-C-D-F) - UNKNOWN

9 (A-D-E-F) - UNKNOWN

10 (B-A-C-D)® - Common GBA Event (Restricted) - This type is seen with particular promotional GBA pokemon.

11 (B-A-C-D)(U) - Common GBA Event (Unrestricted) - This type is seen with particular promotional GBA pokemon.

I want to have the Events's PID. If you want to know about the Events, search here:

http://www.serebii.net/events/

If you found the PID and if you want to give me a list of all Event Pokémon from 3rd Gen games, please reply to me.

But, what about this?

I get this from here:

On 26/12/2012 at 7:33 PM, Kaphotics said:

1) you'd like to make a _legal_ one.

it's BACD (restricted to 0-FFFF seeds) for almost all of them; certain "average joe" ones are just normal wild type and mass generated ones are for MYSTRY etc.

On 26/12/2012 at 7:39 PM, XDRZERO said:

Hm and how can I create BACD? I think Encyclopedia Pokémon Esmeralda doesn't have that.

I think, if you suggest me other Pokémon Editor, I'd appreciate.

Encyclopedia Pokémon Esmeralda only worths to check if a Pokémon is Hacked or not.

Any web talking about seeds ranges for special PID's? (If is true and legit and valid PID's of course).

59 minutes ago, ajxpk said:

That's because these Pokémon they're talking about were generated initially on 16bit seeds, so the range is 0x0000~0xFFFF. That's easy to understand basic knowledge.

The reason why people like us did years of dedicated research is not because we want to teach how to hack Pokémon, it's because we wanted to separate legal/legit ones from (bad) hacks and also protect people from getting scammed. Because we are making all these great Tools we also have a responsibility to keep everything "clean".

If you just get your Pokémon the natural way, then you wouldn't have to worry about "true", "legit" and "valid", so it's obvious what you want to do and I don't think you will get help for this here. It's not even that everything is a big secret. A lot of algorithms and informations are publicized just btw... but we won't tell you... "That's how you do it." :D 

I know they talking about 16bits seeds, i only need to know for example:

(A-B-D-F) - Very Rare GBA - This type is seen in less than 1% of wild encountered pokemon in gba games.
(A-B-E-F) - Ultra Rare GBA - This type is seen in less than 0.01% of wild encountered pokemon in gba games.
(B-A-C-D)® - Common GBA Event (Restricted) - This type is seen with particular promotional GBA pokemon.
(B-A-C-D)(U) - Common GBA Event (Unrestricted) - This type is seen with particular promotional GBA pokemon.

What pokemon has these characteristics?

BACD any seed, no antishiny - Pokemon Box

ABDE any seed, no antishiny - Wondercards eggs

BACD Force Antishiny - PCNY

BACD Force Shiny (broken seeds) - Berry Glitch

Specific Seeds - Jeremy / Mystery Mews

BACD with Lookup - Negaiboshi, PCJP 5th anniv eggs

BACD with broken checksum seeds - wishmkr

BACD with restricted seeds and stupid antishiny - preOctober 2005

BACD fixed checksum seeds, proper antishiny - almost all post October 2005