legality about Gen 2

LEEF

13 minutes ago, ShockSlayer said:

Hello, adding to this; italian Pokemon transferred through transporter change incompatible names to Cristallo*. Not sure if other games do this as well, but PKHex says the star is incompatible.

I think that is how it is programmed normally?
"If a Pokémon's original Trainer contains a word which is prohibited by the filter, the original Trainer will be replaced by Red* if the game is Pokémon Red, or Yellow* if the game is Pokémon Yellow. This filter is applied after converting characters such as PK. This filter is not applied to kana." ~ from bulbapedia (source)

What characters are affected by this right now?

8 hours ago, JISN[064] said:

I think he is talking about the asterisk???

No no. When you have invalid OT,
you end up with <VC game name>* as OT after transfer. Since he is playing Italian Crystal,  the OT he gets is Cristallo*.

An example of what happened in recent Gen, is the Japanese 20th Mew. It used the wrong star, and after trading, the OT changes. (Tho instead of Asterisk, it becomes <game name>. )

5964bb284c572_mewnamechange.png.954819a390d8f3a63be195ca23a76e21.png

• Speechless 1

Yeah, I meant the asterisk. Doesn't matter if it's Cristallo* or Gold* or anything with an asterisk; it says it's using invalid characters. Removing the asterisk from Cristallo in particular then results in an "OT Name too long" error, as it's over 7 characters.

Most likely just need to compile a table of acceptable names to check for, if the Gen 1/2 flags as well as the asterisk are present.

• Like 1