[Request] Crystal VC

Arqui

Hello everyone! Pokémon Crystal just came out and a wonderful new feature came with it: the possibility to obtain Celebi through the GS Ball event. In order to get the GS Ball, you first need to beat the E4, then enter Pokémon Center in Goldenrod City and a girl will give you the ball. The thing is, I had my old Crystal save and didn't want to start over, so I restored that save as usual to the Crystal VC. To my surprise, the event doesn't seem to trigger. I suppose a flag needs to be enabled in order for this to happen, so I was wondering if any of you guys would be able to provide me with a save before beating the E4 (before talking to Lance) and after beating it? Thank you!

6 hours ago, shadowofdarkness said:

I read on Twitter that if using a old save you just have to rebattle the e4 to trigger the event. You don't need a whole new save.

That is absolutely correct. I managed to encounter Celebi within the first 15 minutes of the VC release, because I had a save in emulator, that was right before Lance ><

11 hours ago, shadowofdarkness said:

I read on Twitter that if using a old save you just have to rebattle the e4 to trigger the event. You don't need a whole new save.

I thought it would only trigger the first time E4 was beaten. That's fine then, I can dump it myself and maybe write a simple app (just for fun, I know it takes little time to beat E4)

Thank you guys

6 hours ago, Arqui said:

I thought it would only trigger the first time E4 was beaten. That's fine then, I can dump it myself and maybe write a simple app (just for fun, I know it takes little time to beat E4)

Thank you guys

I used my save with 16 badges to fight the E4 (so it was a second battle) and it still works XD

29 minutes ago, ozderya said:

I'm just wondering that after beating E4 in VC should I get GS ball to continue on emulator or if I continue on emulator asap beating E4 in VC can I access GS ball in emulator? Any idea?

eh.

There are cheat codes to allow you to get the GS ball in a similar way on the emulator.

In any case, as long as you defeated Lance on VC, the flag should be enabled, and can continue on emulator..