Pokemon Crystal bred Pokemon location data

Dunsparce

I want to make the Pokemon in a modified Crystal save as legit as possible, even if the data I want on them isn't used for the Gen VII transfer but only within Crystal itself.

Pokemon caught in Crystal have a met location, met level, and time of day they were seen. How is this data stored for Pokemon bred from Eggs? Like I have a Faint Attack Ninetales that shares and OT with the save file's trainer. Because It cannot be transferred to gen1 without getting rid of faint attack, and was "hatched" in Crystal, what would be put into those 3 fields?

I tried putting "route 34" "Level 5" and "Night" and various combinations there of and it flags the Egg moves it has (Hypnosis and Faint Attack) if anything is put into the location field.

Do bred Pokemon only keep track of level and time of day? or none of them at all, because it even treats Pokemon with gen 1 only moves as legal with anything put in the level and time of day field, even though it is impossible.

Edited by Dunsparce

1 hour ago, hacks said:

when you trade a pokemon to gen 1 it gets rid of the caught data and pokemon that were caught in gold and sliver and traded to crystal will have no caught data also so i think it won't care.

I still would like to know what the caught data is for a Pokemon bred in Crystal would be. I'm sort of OCD about this kind of stuff. It matches my Crystal save OT and ID so it should be set up as such.

Edited by Dunsparce

• 3 months later...
On 1/26/2018 at 5:10 AM, ajxpk said:

I always find these type of questions pretty funny, because it always goes the same pattern... "I want to hack a competitive/event/shiny Pokemon but I don't want to make an effort to obtain it." :D No offense... just something I am noticing over and over and it shows how kind most user on this website are to still answer such questions. So this is kinda meant as a compliment too.  

To answer the question from my side, in case you're too worried why don't you get the Pokemon in a legit way and then check what's going on? You can still hack IVs and Moves and see if it's still considered being legit by PKHeX. But please keep in mind that there are things PKHeX does NOT check, like Trash Bytes for example... even in case you hacked it from the scratch and PKHeX say's it's fine there it's still not legit and it's in the gray zone of being legal... That's why I'm always telling people that they're better off not doing, especially in case they don't know what they're doing...

Edit:
I really hope no one is feeling offended. Many of us like hacking... I just think it's a important thing to say about this and be honest as someone who was doing a lot of legality research. There are still a lot of things remain to be unknown. One thing people don't understand is that legality analysis isn't for hacking perfect Pokemon, it's to protect people who want to play the game normally from hacks... 

You say that PkHex doesn't check trash bytes. Is there a program that does check them for legality purposes? 

2 hours ago, windwakemeupinside said:

You say that PkHex doesn't check trash bytes. Is there a program that does check them for legality purposes? 

I haven't looked into stuff like trash bytes in well over a year, but I remember doing it in a hex editor. I would compare the Legit event Pokemon file I had and the .pk(x) file I made identically from scratch in Pkhex. To my knowledge there is no sure fire way to check trash bytes to ensure legitimacy, considering there are legitimate things that nuke trash bytes (like trading a Pokemon from FrLG to XD).

2 hours ago, windwakemeupinside said:

The research was never finished and after gen 5, not needed. @ajxpk was doing work into it but I think moved onto other research.