Hey Folks!

jhs3891

Hey, thanks for letting me sign up! I'm a new one here just trying to enjoy spending some nice time trying out new and old pokemon using PkHeX. 

I've watched a few videos regarding how to run PkHeX on the MAC, but I'm still having a lot of trouble running it. I would really appreciate it if someone could point me towards the right direction on how to download and run the files.

Currently I'm having these issues:
1. I downloaded the newest legal file from 

2. The file seems to be recognized as a .app file when opened it using MAC's Unarchive function.
3. I changed the file type to an .exe since the Winebottle won't open the .app file.
4. I tried to open it, but it gets stuck on the "dotnet461" download phase, and everything locks w/o further continuation.

Clearly I'm not a programmer and just want to return to the Pokemon world to play with some new monsters (haven't played one since Blue!), so I would appreciate any/all help!

Again, thanks for the add.

Edited by jhs3891

3 hours ago, jhs3891 said:

2. The file seems to be recognized as a .app file when opened it using MAC's Unarchive function.
3. I changed the file type to an .exe since the Winebottle won't open the .app file.

The file you linked to is in fact a Mac app! Just launch the app (like any other Mac app) and enjoy.  

If you need to use Winebottler to create your own app, you’ll need to use the .exe from the download page instead of the .app. 

@jasenyoface Hey, thanks for letting me know! I feel so stupid for not realizing that it was already formatted for a Mac!

The app works now, and I have to thank all of you for your responses. I'll watch YouTube videos to fully understand how to use this app.
I found this to be VERY useful even if it's off of a PC - 

• Like 1