DS Rom Patcher for Mac OS X

After much turmoil over rom patches that only work on Windows, I have created a rom patcher that works in OS X.

I made this to work with Pokemon HeartGold/SoulSilver, and I have tested it with both KazoWAR's and Raqib12's patches. In theory, this patcher can patch any DS rom that uses xdelta patches.

Note: I could not find a freezing patch file for HeartGold/SoulSilver. There are 2 out there, but they are .exe files, not patch files. In order to have a HG/SS with the freezing fix, you must either start with a pre-patched rom(Search on Google) or use a patch that has the freezing fix in it.

I ask that the makers of the translation patches add freeze-protection in their patches, or that the makers of the freezing patches make their patches availiable as a patch file.

Edited by _Retro_

• 2 weeks later...

If there is confirmation that this patcher does work with all Xdelta patch files I'd like to request your permission to include it bundled in the Non-GUI versions of my hack so that the Non-GUI versions are completely compatible with PC, Linux and Mac.

Downloading it right now. Thank you SO MUCH! <3 :D

xdelta3: not a VCDIFF input: XD3_INVALID_INPUT

Um, I'm not sure what happened, but I don't think it patched it since I didn't get a "name"-patched.nds.

Edited by Greencat

Downloading it right now. Thank you SO MUCH! <3 :D

Um, I'm not sure what happened, but I don't think it patched it since I didn't get a "name"-patched.nds.

Did you make sure both the rom name and the patch name have no spaces?

Also, I got this error when using one of Kazo's v6 patches. I got it to work by using the patch from his Batch folder. Also, make sure you are using a clean rom, or else the game ID number won't match the patch ID number.

Edited by _Retro_

I just downloaded the patcher, and since I had no clue how to use, was about to watch the guide, but...

Is there any particular reason why this video is 'private'? Is it supposed to come up with that?

Oops, that was an error on my part. It should be back to normal now :biggrin:

Thank you very much. :)

Also, the first 4 or 5 times I tried patching my SS, it came up with some 'Invalid Input' message... what does that mean? The patch (KazoWAR's v6) and rom were in the right folder, no spaces.

It worked after a couple times, but I'm just wondering if there's a specific cause?

Thank you very much. :)

Also, the first 4 or 5 times I tried patching my SS, it came up with some 'Invalid Input' message... what does that mean? The patch (KazoWAR's v6) and rom were in the right folder, no spaces.

It worked after a couple times, but I'm just wondering if there's a specific cause?

If they are the Katakana patches, they don't work. I've talked with Kazo about it and he says they use a different patcher, so I would have to make a separate patcher for those. If they are the english-name patches they should work.

• 3 months later...