URGENT! -adding unlock all flying locations on Map for games XY & ORAS

khodor_salame

PKHeX request: Can you guys add an unlock all flying locations function in the Kalos & Hoenn maps for the games XY & ORAS? It's great how there's the unlock all map locations in the 2017 games of Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon. If you finish adding the unlock all flying locations for both XY & ORAS, please do send me an Email at ksalame10@gmail.com confirming that you've added them. My younger neighbours are still unable to reach certain locations in their Kalos & Hoenn games. Thank you.

Edited by khodor_salame

I'm curious about why would they need an "unlock all locations" option instead of just naturally reaching them.
I know this doesn't concern me, but if you unlock all the flying locations for them you could mess up their saves, depending on how far they've gotten. You know who these children's parents are most likely gonna blame if that happens, right?

PS: I'm no PKHeX dev, either

• Like 1

@khodor_salame I've seen the deleted post of yours, and I'll like to respond to it.
Before anything, I'm going to preface this message, and tell you I'm not trying to be mean or crass.
I'm just trying to deliver the facts as it is, and hope you understand the rationale behind what you think to be a "small task". And now, here's my response:

Regarding adding features

Spoiler

Features are added when someone researches them. If no one researches them, they can't be added.
Even if you don't have the programing knowledge, if you at least know the offsets (by using save comparisons), then maybe someone can implement them.

Typically, save comparisons in this scenario requires:
1. A save with a wanted location not reachable
2. A save that is almost right after the first save, with that location reachable. (with almost no changes, as in no new Pokemon caught etc)
(this way, when you compare both saves, you can see the bit/byte changes)

To get so many pairs of saves for every location, it sounds like you need play through the entire game, constantly backing up saves and making save comparisons. Unless there's a better way, this takes more than "a few minutes" as you mentioned.
For all the effort for doing the above, for a small feature not requested much by users, all that time and effort is better used for other features in PKHeX, such as improving the Legality bugs etc.

Regarding you giving people the impression that you're being rude and entitled.
I'm not sure that you deleted your own post, or a mod deleted it,
regardless, I'll like to enlighten you on this, since you originally had such thoughts.

Spoiler

Just because someone doesn't do something you want, ethically speaking, doesn't give you the right to be rude and say "This is the most ridiculous and retarded response I've ever received from Kaphotics".
Entitled behavior like this doesn't exactly help anyone.

Also the "I'll pay you so you should do it" mentality is also not healthy. Granted, that is how some people or organizations might operate, so I think you bringing it up isn't the problem. It is the way you acted after you received his perfectly reasonable response, that is the problem.

Besides ethical and moral issues, since when has bad-mouthing a dev ever got anyone what they wanted?

What you can do to solve your "no flying" situation
Of course, I'm not just gonna 'lecture' you and not give you any solutions.
I do believe that constructive criticism needs to include what can be done or changed.
Since your original problem is Flying Locations, and it appears no one has the time to dedicate to this feature for now, here's maybe something you can do.

Spoiler

1. Do the save file comparison method I mentioned earlier on.
or

2. In your own save game, fly to every location, and record their Map Coordinates down.
In the save, their offset is 0x14F4 (seen via HxD, a hex editor program)

Always keep a save backup before making modifications.
Of course, we aren't responsible for any mishaps. (Plus, as @Ruby Genseki said, unlocking flying locations via hacking could negative impact save progress)

With that said, here's a guide (kind of) that you can try to follow, for map coordinates modification.
https://projectpokemon.org/home/forums/topic/34059-editing-coordinates/?do=findComment&comment=203720

https://projectpokemon.org/home/forums/topic/34059-editing-coordinates/?do=findComment&comment=203723

• Like 3
  • Relieved 1

11 hours ago, theSLAYER said:

@khodor_salame I've seen the deleted post of yours, and I'll like to respond to it.
Before anything, I'm going to preface this message, and tell you I'm not trying to be mean or crass.
I'm just trying to deliver the facts as it is, and hope you understand the rationale behind what you think to be a "small task". And now, here's my response:

Regarding adding features

Reveal hidden contents

Features are added when someone researches them. If no one researches them, they can't be added.
Even if you don't have the programing knowledge, if you at least know the offsets (by using save comparisons), then maybe someone can implement them.

Typically, save comparisons in this scenario requires:
1. A save with a wanted location not reachable
2. A save that is almost right after the first save, with that location reachable. (with almost no changes, as in no new Pokemon caught etc)
(this way, when you compare both saves, you can see the bit/byte changes)

To get so many pairs of saves for every location, it sounds like you need play through the entire game, constantly backing up saves and making save comparisons. Unless there's a better way, this takes more than "a few minutes" as you mentioned.
For all the effort for doing the above, for a small feature not requested much by users, all that time and effort is better used for other features in PKHeX, such as improving the Legality bugs etc.

Regarding you giving people the impression that you're being rude and entitled.
I'm not sure that you deleted your own post, or a mod deleted it,
regardless, I'll like to enlighten you on this, since you originally had such thoughts.

Reveal hidden contents

Just because someone doesn't do something you want, ethically speaking, doesn't give you the right to be rude and say "This is the most ridiculous and retarded response I've ever received from Kaphotics".
Entitled behavior like this doesn't exactly help anyone.

Also the "I'll pay you so you should do it" mentality is also not healthy. Granted, that is how some people or organizations might operate, so I think you bringing it up isn't the problem. It is the way you acted after you received his perfectly reasonable response, that is the problem.

Besides ethical and moral issues, since when has bad-mouthing a dev ever got anyone what they wanted?

What you can do to solve your "no flying" situation
Of course, I'm not just gonna 'lecture' you and not give you any solutions.
I do believe that constructive criticism needs to include what can be done or changed.
Since your original problem is Flying Locations, and it appears no one has the time to dedicate to this feature for now, here's maybe something you can do.

Hide contents

1. Do the save file comparison method I mentioned earlier on.
or

2. In your own save game, fly to every location, and record their Map Coordinates down.
In the save, their offset is 0x14F4 (seen via HxD, a hex editor program)

Always keep a save backup before making modifications.
Of course, we aren't responsible for any mishaps. (Plus, as @Ruby Genseki said, unlocking flying locations via hacking could negative impact save progress)

With that said, here's a guide (kind of) that you can try to follow, for map coordinates modification.
https://projectpokemon.org/home/forums/topic/34059-editing-coordinates/?do=findComment&comment=203720

https://projectpokemon.org/home/forums/topic/34059-editing-coordinates/?do=findComment&comment=203723

Dear Mr. Manager, I thank you very much for your clear explanation on how to analyze, mod, and compare save files using HxD Hex Editor. But, do you think you can hire a skilled coder to complete this task? I'm currently quite busy working as a Teacher assistant at my local Technical Learning Center, and I happen to live close to 3 students with Learning Disabilities in my area. They just happen to enjoy playing Pokemon XY & ORAS on their 3DS. Unfortunately, I just haven't got the time to put effort into testing & modding my save file with a hex editor. Would it be easier if you can simply hire a trusted and experienced coder to accomplish this task for me? I've heard the developers of PKHeX have used "Citra" an advanced 3DS Emulator for Windows PC, although too bad it requires a gaming computer with high processing power in order to run smoothly. Since, I really want PKHeX to include the unlock all flying locations on map feature. Therefore, I am willing to pay/donate (via PayPal, etc...) a great deal of money to the coder as well as this community. Please notify me about your decision on my offer. Thank you.

Edited by khodor_salame

@khodor_salame it is not up to me to hire people to complete this type of requests.
If I do it for one person, I would imagine hordes of other types of offer-requests would follow, and that would turn out to be something quite tedious, in more than one way.

In any case, your request is still up here for everyone to see.
Perhaps someone with enough time might come around and help you, or maybe even take you up on your offer.

Also, here is one more suggestion I thought of:
If you're on custom firmware (I assume you are), try checking if there's any NTR cheat codes (such as this one) for flying enabled codes.

While the one I linked you doesn't have flying codes, it does have walk through walls code.
I would imagine running through all the towns (to unlock fly locations) on those individual carts you're trying to help, isn't going to be as tedious as the hex save comparison suggestion I've given.