Special Nintendo Event Items?

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/6/2018 at 1:31 AM, Kaphotics said:

Mystery Gifts

gen3: 

I’m not sure if I did this correct but I used PKHeX to load my backup-dump of my Pokemon Leaf Green cartridge to insert the Aurora Pass and Mystic Ticket into my Key Items of my save game and save the file and inject it onto my rom backup but when I go to Vermilion City to begin the event even though the items are in my Key Items, talking to the sailor in front of the Seagallop Ferries in Pokémon LeafGreen nothing happens.. Am I doing something wrong? I tried reading your link but I think it may be outdated.

On 16.1.2018 at 6:05 AM, Cloud9Skywalker said:

I’m not sure if I did this correct but I used PKHeX to load my backup-dump of my Pokemon Leaf Green cartridge to insert the Aurora Pass and Mystic Ticket into my Key Items of my save game and save the file and inject it onto my rom backup but when I go to Vermilion City to begin the event even though the items are in my Key Items, talking to the sailor in front of the Seagallop Ferries in Pokémon LeafGreen nothing happens.. Am I doing something wrong? I tried reading your link but I think it may be outdated.

There are event flags that have to be activated, just putting the items in your bag isn't enough.

You can use suloku's Gen 3 Mystery Gift Tool to inject Gen 3 wondercards into your game. That way you can receive the items as if you received them from an official event and you won't have to worry about flags. After injecting a wondercard (you can only have one at a time!) for Aurora Ticket, Mystic Ticket and Old Sea Map go upstairs in any Pokemon Center and talk to the delivery guy next to the stairs, for Eon Ticket talk to Norman at Petalburg Gym.

Originally as I mentioned I tried to use PKHeX to load a backup-dump of my Pokemon Leaf Green cartridge to insert the Aurora Pass and Mystic Ticket into my Key Items of my save game and save the file and inject it onto my rom backup but when I went to Vermilion City to begin the event even though the items were in my Key Items, talking to the sailor in front of the Seagallop Ferries in Pokémon LeafGreen didn't trigger anything.. After some digging I was informed by a lot of people that indeed I did need to set of a flag in the game to actually trigger the event accessible.

Well, as it turns out I have three different users suggesting that I try a different method each.
First was -

@Kaphotics suggesting I try Mystery Gifts gen3: 

Then shortly after -

@Invader TAK informed me I could also use Trigger's PC.

Now -

@BlackShark You are suggesting I use suloku's Gen 3 Mystery Gift Tool to inject Gen 3 wondercards into my game. (That way I can receive the items as if I received them from an official event) Which sounds like the most legitimate form. (and I won't have to worry about flags)

I'm sure it doesn't really matter which way I go and I'm probably making a bigger deal than it is but any suggestions on one over the other?

Edited by Cloud9Skywalker

On ‎1‎/‎17‎/‎2018 at 11:26 AM, BlackShark said:

There are event flags that have to be activated, just putting the items in your bag isn't enough.

You can use suloku's Gen 3 Mystery Gift Tool to inject Gen 3 wondercards into your game. That way you can receive the items as if you received them from an official event and you won't have to worry about flags. After injecting a wondercard (you can only have one at a time!) for Aurora Ticket, Mystic Ticket and Old Sea Map go upstairs in any Pokemon Center and talk to the delivery guy next to the stairs, for Eon Ticket talk to Norman at Petalburg Gym.

I downloaded the latest release through that link on GitHub and then unzipped the file but the latest release is just one file and it's a changelog..

1 hour ago, Cloud9Skywalker said:

I downloaded the latest release through that link on GitHub and then unzipped the file but the latest release is just one file and it's a changelog..

Mystery.Gift.Tool.0.1d.zip, right? There should be "Gen3 Event Tool 0.1d.exe" and "Mystery Gift Tool 0.1d.exe" inside. If you don't see them, your anti-virus may have eaten the files.

On ‎1‎/‎6‎/‎2018 at 1:31 AM, Kaphotics said:

Thank-you everyone. I really appreciate all the insight and leads but as it turns out, @Kaphotics dropbox links led to a dead end. @BlackShark the DS Homebrew injection tool didn't have any effect on my cartridge and the "PC Version" (Mystery.Gift.Tool.0.1d.zip) once extracted only had that changelog file. @ReignOfComputer I am sure you are probably right about my anti-virus I have mcafee livesafe and wouldn't know how to permit certain files from being shredded if that's actually a thing. After trying all this my last resort was trigger pc which I downloaded the software for pc and it ran perfect just like pkhex and I was able to load up my .sav and inject the event! and restore the sav and activate the mystery event. Which is super cool, thanks @Invader TAK!

It would be neat if pkhex had been updated to include this feature across generations to activate mystery gifts.

Edited by Cloud9Skywalker
  • Like 1

PKHeX doesn't need to support generation 3 mystery gift contents when other programs do.

Plus, you don't even need mystery gift contents to unlock the data ingame. PKHeX supports changing the data as necessary to unlock the ferry locations without needing the mystery gift data.

image.png

• Relieved 1

10 minutes ago, Kaphotics said:

PKHeX doesn't need to support generation 3 mystery gift contents when other programs do.

Plus, you don't even need mystery gift contents to unlock the data ingame. PKHeX supports changing the data as necessary to unlock the ferry locations without needing the mystery gift data.

image.png

I tried looking for this option and it's not on my PKHeX program, I am running the latest version.

@Kaphotics was showing the misc edits for Emerald not Leaf green. The best way to inject all of the events as other people have said is 

If your antivirus is deleting it (which mine was too) then just try to disable the anti virus, download the file, put it in a folder, and find out how to white list the folder so that the anti virus does not delete the program. This program is definitely the best tool hands down. I was able to inject all of the events "officially" and its much more satisfying than just editing it in triggers pc.

• Like 1