What to do with a R4i GOLD 3DS (RTS) and a New Nintendo 3DS with Luma?

Hello, people. As I said in other threads (like the thread below), I've been away from Pokémon scene for some years. For short, I didn't have a 3DS, but I used to edit my save files for Generation 4 and 5. However, stuff changed a lot. As you can see on the thread pasted below, I got lost in the scene.

You don't need to read it. I'd just like to share (and ask) some stuff I learnt from the New Nintendo 3DS XL I bought (ver. 11.6.0.-39U).

1. It seems I bought it already with Luma, since when I hold Select, then press the power button, it appears Luma config menu (Luma 3DS 7.1). I didn't know it when I got it. I admit I'm kinda frustrated: not just because my pre-installed games are illicit (but, well, that's not important, since they were installed through legit CIAs, so they got attached to my NNID when I created one; got no problem with Nintendo Network and no problem making purchases), but because I like hacking my own systems. 

(The pre-installed games are Pokémon X, Pokémon Y, Pokémon OmegaRuby, Pokémon AlphaSapphire, Pokémon Sun, Pokémon Moon, Pokémon Blue (VC), Pokémon Red (VC), Pokémon Yellow (VC), Super Mario 3D Land, New Super Mario Bros. 2 - Gold Edition, Mario & Luigi: Dream Team, Luigi's Mansion - Dark Moon, Mario Kart 7, Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate, Animal Crossing - New Leaf, Yo-kai Watch, Zelda: Majora's Mask, Zelda: A Link Between Worlds, Fire Emblem: Awakening. It seems all of them were bundled with some 3DS edition, that's how I found they were legit CIAs).

2. Since I've been so busy, I've even forgotten what I was trying to ask you on this thread (but thank you guys for the answers):

I got a R4i GOLD 3DS (RTS) on nds-card (with no micro SD, since I already have some) in order to do that thing on https://3ds.guide/get-started. The version of my 3DS firmware is now 11.6.0.-39U. However, I don't know if it is necessary doing anything anymore, since I found that it has already Luma CFW (7.1). If so, what's the start point to do something (I couldn't identify it by reading https://3ds.guide/), since my 3DS is not "virgin" anymore? Should I do something?

(Yeah, that's the disadvantage of having a console hacked for you... you don't know how it happened and how it works. However, I'm not going to risk to do it again if it's not necessary, because, as 3ds.guide says, there's always a risk of bricking it)

3. People said that through Luma I could play games through 3DS micro SD rather than using a flashcart. My New 3DS came with a 32 GB micro SD, but, because of the amount of games, it still lacks space, so I'd like to keep them on flashcart. However, I'd like to know how to do it through micro SD as well, since it's always up-to-date, as I've been told. (Damn, again, having the console already hacked is frustrating)

But my main question is: my main objective is getting the save files of games (mainly Pokémon, of course), it doesn't matter if it is a digital copy or a physical copy, so I can edit them and put them back, as I used to do with Generation 4 and 5, especially to add events I missed. What should I do? What's the right kernel to download for R4i GOLD 3DS (RTS)? Should I add anything directly to my 3DS micro SD?

Sorry, it seems I'm re-asking a lot of stuff, but the time I've been busy + the fact I've not hacked my own system made me confused.

(This is the exact flashcart I got 26169825_398165283971589_920257529746102)

Edited by Swadloon

Click on the "Nintendo Homebrew on Discord" link from 3ds.guide. Ask your questions in either Assistance-1 or -2. Someone there should be able to lead you on the path to updating boot9strap(B9S) to v1.3 and Luma 9.x. Normally, updating to the latest Nintendo firmware w/ CFW is safe. If you open system settings from the home screen and the FW version reads "Sys 11.6.0.39U", you're good to go. Just update B9S and Luma.

https://3ds.guide/updating-b9s

Good luck.

Edited by DeathAngel74
  • Like 1

22 hours ago, DeathAngel74 said:

Click on the "Nintendo Homebrew on Discord" link from 3ds.guide. Ask your questions in either Assistance-1 or -2. Someone there should be able to lead you on the path to updating boot9strap(B9S) to v1.3 and Luma 9.x. Normally, updating to the latest Nintendo firmware w/ CFW is safe. If you open system settings from the home screen and the FW version reads "Sys 11.6.0.39U", you're good to go. Just update B9S and Luma.

https://3ds.guide/updating-b9s

Good luck.

Thank you!