Pokémon Supernova Sun & Penumbra Moon: Fully-Featured Ultra Sun / Ultra Moon ROM Hacks!

Dio_Vento

MtDlBs3.png7t3daVO.png

ROM hack of: Pokémon Ultra Sun and Pokémon Ultra Moon (3DS)

Pokémon Supernova Sun and Penumbra Moon are mods for Pokémon Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon. Like my Rutile Ruby & Star Sapphire hacks and my Nova Sun & Umbra Moon hacks, their main purpose is to provide a more challenging game experience while not artificially limiting the player. The premier feature of Supernova Sun and Penumbra Moon is the ground-up redesign of Pokémon Trainers in the world to increase the game's challenge. Every trainer in the game has been edited, and the level curve expects use of the Experience Share, which means that the player levels up very quickly. Every Pokémon in Trainers' teams has a a proper moveset and many are holding items. The Elite Four and Champion are Level 100, and the player doesn't need to grind to equal that!

Supernova Sun and Penumbra Moon's secondary focus is inspired by Super Smash Bros. Melee's "20XX Hack Pack" which is designed to improve competitive players' ability to practice and grind. In Supernova Sun and Penumbra Moon's Legit Build, everything obtainable is 100% legal and legitimate for real online battles or trades. In all Builds, some features are designed to make preparing competitive teams much less of a hassle. Competitive hold items are much more available, a 6IV Ditto is available through an in-game trade (holding a Destiny Knot), Eggs hatch in one cycle, and Level 100 Memento Blissey battles are available in the Battle Buffet once the main story has been beaten.

(As discussed, link removed as it directs to page that host files from ROMs. Please upload files accepted by the forum, thanks :D)

• Like 8

2 minutes ago, UltraChampion said:

Would It Work With Drag & Drop

Nope. You can't patch over the banner.bin file using LayeredFS. You'll need to recompile and install a cia file to get that banner. If you want to use the Drag and Drop and a modified CIA (thus allowing you to use the Ultra Moon v1.1 update), you can do that, but if you want to see the custom banner you need to rebuild the game as a cia file.

Congrats on the release!

Just as a heads up though, in Ver. 1.0.1’s changelog, this was made possible due to Aussifer’s documentation on GitHub (and my own implementation into the Static Encounter GUI). I believe credit should be given for that :)

I’m excited to play!

I only managed to put Luma on a spare 2ds last night so please forgive me if this is a stupid question. 

If I use the Luma2ds for this, and then swap the cartridge to my vanilla 3ds would the game play as standard? I presume so, but just want to clarify

Edited by Prinzar

6 hours ago, Prinzar said:

I only managed to put Luma on a spare 2ds last night so please forgive me if this is a stupid question. 

If I use the Luma2ds for this, and then swap the cartridge to my vanilla 3ds would the game play as standard? I presume so, but just want to clarify

Yes

On 12/28/2017 at 1:43 PM, Dio_Vento said:

That'll be because the video footage was captured from the Citra Emulator at 1080p with 4K Supersampling enabled.

Wait so you're saying that I can play this without downloading custom firmware on my 3ds?! If so how

Edited by SomecallmeReggie

22 minutes ago, Charzor said:

Hi! Thanks! the game is excellent!! One question, Can i connect online safely (not for points) while playing the expanded build?

Nobody knows what Nintendo can or cannot detect. Historically, there have been no reports of bans for using online with Nova Sun and Umbra Moon, so I assume that will stay true for Supernova Sun and Penumbra Moon. What I can tell you is that none of your Wonder Trades or Ranked Battles will work with the Expanded Build since all your Pokémon will be illegal. I recommend disabling Luma3DS file patching and using PKHeX (not PKSM) to edit your Pokémon to be hatched from eggs before attempting to use "with anyone" features in the Expanded Build. "With friends" features shouldn't be impacted at all.

Hey, This rom hack sounds awesome! I'm trying to play this rom and citra (pc only) and im having some trouble patching the rom. ive done both methods by no rom appears in the extracted rom folder. 

Edited by CS_Firzen