Worlds 2008 Lucario .pcd error

umbreon86

Hi all

Firstly, thanks for making an amazing program and site. I've got a possible bug to report with PKHex.

I get an error when trying to view the Worlds 2008 Lucario .pcd in PKHex:

Exception Details:
System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException: InvalidArgument=Value of '146' is not valid for 'SelectedIndex'.
Parameter name: SelectedIndex
   at System.Windows.Forms.ComboBox.set_SelectedIndex(Int32 value)
   at PKHeX.WinForms.Controls.PKMEditor.LoadMoves(PKM pk)
   at PKHeX.WinForms.Controls.PKMEditor.LoadMisc1(PKM pk)
   at PKHeX.WinForms.Controls.PKMEditor.PopulateFieldsPK7()
   at PKHeX.WinForms.Controls.PKMEditor.LoadFieldsFromPKM(PKM pk, Boolean focus, Boolean skipConversionCheck)
   at PKHeX.WinForms.Controls.PKMEditor.PopulateFields(PKM pk, Boolean focus, Boolean skipConversionCheck)
   at PKHeX.WinForms.Main.TryLoadMysteryGift(Byte[] input, String path, String ext)
   at PKHeX.WinForms.Main.OpenFile(Byte[] input, String path, String ext, SaveFile currentSaveFile)
   at PKHeX.WinForms.Main.OpenQuick(String path, Boolean force)

Loaded Assemblies:
--------------------
mscorlib, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089
C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v4.0.30319\mscorlib.dll

PKHeX, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null
C:\Users\######\Desktop\PKHeX (171205)\PKHeX.exe

System, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089
C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.Net\assembly\GAC_MSIL\System\v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089\System.dll

System.Windows.Forms, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089
C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.Net\assembly\GAC_MSIL\System.Windows.Forms\v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089\System.Windows.Forms.dll

System.Drawing, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a
C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.Net\assembly\GAC_MSIL\System.Drawing\v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a\System.Drawing.dll

System.Configuration, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a
C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.Net\assembly\GAC_MSIL\System.Configuration\v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a\System.Configuration.dll

System.Core, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089
C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.Net\assembly\GAC_MSIL\System.Core\v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089\System.Core.dll

System.Xml, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089
C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.Net\assembly\GAC_MSIL\System.Xml\v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089\System.Xml.dll

PKHeX.Core, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null
C:\Users\######\Desktop\PKHeX (171205)\PKHeX.Core.dll

--------------------
User Message:
Unable to load file.
Path: C:\Users\######\Downloads\153 Worlds 2008 Lucario ENG [PPorg]\153 Worlds 2008 Lucario ENG [PPorg].pcd

I'm using the latest version of PKHex and have .net framework 4.7. All of the other .pcd files I've downloaded from here work without any problem at all. I've redownloaded both PKHex and the .pcd file but get the same issue.

Any ideas?

Thanks

8 hours ago, gclarke86 said:

I've found another .pcd from the site:

http://shiny-clique.net/wondercards/_index.htm

and this one works without any errors. I wonder if it's an issue with the file here, rather than with PKHex.

Does the one built into the database show up? Also check the wc4 on our events gallery on github and tell me if that one is corrupted: https://github.com/projectpokemon/EventsGallery/blob/master/Released/Gen 4/Wondercards/ENG/153 - Worlds 2008 Lucario (ENG).wc4

It might be me doing it wrong, but I've been playing with the collection of both .wc4 files and the .pcd files from github and it seems as though the .wc4 files don't work as they should. You can use them to successfully generate the required Pokemon in PKHex, but you can't turn them into gifts to use in game.

Admittedly, I've only tested this on an emulator with HeartGold, but every test I've done has been the same. The .PCD file lets me receive a gift naturally in the game (from the delivery man in the Poke Mart) and the gift Pokemon is perfect. The .wc4 files let me collect a gift but they all give me is a bad egg. I've tested about 15 of them now, both Japanese and English ones. I'm using an EU Heart Gold game.

Is this something I'm doing wrong or is this an expected result?

The method I use is to open my .dsv save with PKHex, open the mystery give tab and then drag a .pcd/.wc4 file into one of the pcd slots. When it's set there, I then drag that into one of the PGT slots. I then save the changes and load up the save with desmume and visit the delivery man.

16 hours ago, Sabresite said:

Ok so the one on our gallery needs replacing. Honestly, @theSLAYER, I think all gen 4 should be replaced with wc4 where possible.

Just a quick note, the .wc4 file from github works but the .pcd has the same error as the file hosted here.

Edited by gclarke86
Forgot to reply to Sabresite

25 minutes ago, gclarke86 said:

It might be me doing it wrong, but I've been playing with the collection of both .wc4 files and the .pcd files from github and it seems as though the .wc4 files don't work as they should. You can use them to successfully generate the required Pokemon in PKHex, but you can't turn them into gifts to use in game.

Admittedly, I've only tested this on an emulator with HeartGold, but every test I've done has been the same. The .PCD file lets me receive a gift naturally in the game (from the delivery man in the Poke Mart) and the gift Pokemon is perfect. The .wc4 files let me collect a gift but they all give me is a bad egg. I've tested about 15 of them now, both Japanese and English ones. I'm using an EU Heart Gold game.

Is this something I'm doing wrong or is this an expected result?

The method I use is to open my .dsv save with PKHex, open the mystery give tab and then drag a .pcd/.wc4 file into one of the pcd slots. When it's set there, I then drag that into one of the PGT slots. I then save the changes and load up the save with desmume and visit the delivery man.

Just a quick note, the .wc4 file from github works but the .pcd has the same error as the file hosted here.

@Kaphotics, any idea why wc4 would not save as a pcd/pgt slot properly? Is it possible PKHex is not encrypting the Pokemon template when saving back to the file?

@gclarke86, I assume the wc4 imported into PKHex at the pcd/pgt slot shows the proper icon and info?

• 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Today I was also importing some .pgt and .pcd files, and my main issue regarding Worlds 2008 Lucario, is that after receiving the gift in-game from the delivery man, Lucario seems to be fine but after loading the game in PkHex, that's when things starts to be weird. My Lucario is a red Blank space in my pokemon's party Slot. I can't view its information or edit either.

PKHeX (190515) version

1226029092_LucarioRedblankSpace.png.bea7d1c785d9f47f6e788f51ca087e81.png

First I've tried with the regular .pcd and .pgt provided and downloaded from these 2 links, imported and then saved changes.

https://projectpokemon.org/home/files/file/87-worlds-2008-lucario/

https://projectpokemon.org/home/forums/topic/13901-archived-sticky-gen-iv-event-collection-and-contribution-thread/

Then I also used the .WC4 downloaded from here

https://github.com/projectpokemon/EventsGallery/tree/master/Released/Gen%204/Wondercards/ENG

After saving changes in PkHex

1404756191_Worlds2008Lucariowonder-cardandpgt-pcd.PNG.ae508aa64fb13fc9336a22daafa32316.PNG

On 12/9/2017 at 1:23 PM, gclarke86 said:

http://shiny-clique.net/wondercards/_index.htm

Using this .pcd really works to see the little description, but the end result it's always the same, I can't load Lucario's information in PkHex, always a red blank space.

1271392746_Worlds2008Lucario.PNG.773abf55bc21ffa5b1b4a4c470ae123d.PNG

The only thing that kinda seemed to work was to import Roc's PC .pkm files direclty into my save file.

https://github.com/ReignOfComputer/RoCs-PC/tree/master/12%20-%20Gen%20IV%20-%20Events/TCG%20WCS/Lucario%20%5BWORLD08%5D%20-%20ENG%20(08178)

example:

rocs_files.PNG.85b9f8760a5d99cd25b7474735f5b494.PNG

Just in case I have also provided my .sav file.

Pearl test.sav