jasenyoface

this may be a dumb question, but i downloaded the pk hex for mac file since i already have wine/ wine bottler installed previously  (and it has worked for me before) and for some reason when i click on the pk hex app icon nothing happens at all? do i need something else installed or..?

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Update: MacOS Catalina has dropped support for 32-bit libraries necessary for Wine work, and Winebottler has not been updated to accommodate this change.

The result is that the above method or the prepackaged app won't work on macOS Catalina.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

There is a lot of things confusing about the PkHeX for mac quick guide. If I can even get a little clarification it would be much appreciated.

To let others know what situation I am in (if they can relate) I'm running a macOS Sierra version 10.12.6, I recently installed the 'safe' version of the "Wine" and "WineBottler" from the official website (safe just means it can run on my version of the mac), and now I'm trying to install PkHeX for the first time ever.

1) The picture at the top doesn't make sense with what is being said.

The picture tells you to check the boxes it points to and, I would assume, it means for you to switch any box that has more detailed information, such as the "system version info", to what the arrow points to:
This means I select:
"new prefix (default)",
the "PkHeX.exe" file that you got from this website,
the "copy file (Program) and all files in the folder to the App Bundle.",
"System version 7",
"open-source .NET framework. (+200mb)",
"open-source MSHTML implementation (+50mb)",
from Winetricks "dotnet46 MS .NET 4.6" was selected and the last two boxes were ticked (check marked).
HOWEVER,
When reading what was said in the text it tells you different things, like having these Winetricks check marked "dotnet461; corefonts; cjkfonts; tahoma".
When getting the PkHeX from the link provided for mac users, you get a .7z file instead of a .exe file

Which one is accurate? 
Also, when WineBottler does whatever it's supposed to, what do I do next? 

• 1 month later...

THIS NEEDS TO BE UPDATED on the first page for idiots like me who don't get it. The blue arrows sometimes points to the wrong thing. or points to something thats not clicked on but needs to be. This is the exact settings to actually use for anyone struggling. Works everytime.

Winetricks that must be checked dotnet46; dotnet461; corefonts; cjkfonts; tahoma. :) 

20201213_155700.jpg

Edited by umleydie

• 1 month later...
On 1/28/2021 at 11:08 PM, tiggi7 said:

I can't get this to work on Apple M1 Big Sur... :(

I could get it to work.

If you have a Mac with Apple M1 Chip, download the Windows version of PkHex and use CrossOver to bottle it. Inside the Bottle, of course, install .Net and all those dependecies indicated here. Even some more if you have to. The same bottle worked for Pk3DS too! Have fun!

• 1 year later...
  • 6 months later...
On 10/10/2022 at 1:03 PM, dtingley11222 said:

I got it working on wineskin with one caveat. Gen 7 saves just don't export. Everything else works as far as I am aware of. Here it is https://drive.google.com/file/d/1S2eQcSy-TMZIgCq5od8wjx1YofBwytMA/view?usp=sharing

When I click on this link, it says that it doesn't exist. Is it possible for you to reshare? I want to utilize this program but nothing works

• 5 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...