[BUG] About Gen1-2 GB and VC Shiny

Davil

https://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Gender

In Generation II, a Pokémon's gender was determined through its Attack IV. Due to this, a female Pokémon could never have a maximized Attack stat (unless they were a member of an all-female species, such as Smoochum), because female Pokémon were given the lower portion of the IV range. This also prevented female Pokémon of a species with a gender ratio of seven males to one female, such as starter Pokémon or Eevee, from being Shiny, due to that also being based partly on the Attack IV. From Generation III onward, neither of these traits are determined by IVs, allowing for Pokémon species with two genders to have females with maximized Attack and simultaneously retain their chances of being Shiny.

So, Starter Pokémon (Kanto and Johto)  Eevees(Evolution:Vaporeon-Sylveon)  Fossils(Gen1)  Snorlax  Togepi(Evolution) can‘t be Shiny when gender female in Gen2 GB and Gen1-2 VC

13 hours ago, javier_himura said:

That is not true for gen 1 VC.

Pokemon bank used different IV values when a pokemon was traded form gen 1 to 7 that allows legal shiny female of this pokemon.

This was fixed with gen 2 VC release but that make legal any gen 1 shiny females if they dont have gen 2 moves or origin.

I know

But Pokemon bank judge gender and shiny by original IVs

After that,used different IVs

Gen1 Pokemon gender and shiny in Gen7 Games is the same rules

Edited by Davil

32 minutes ago, Davil said:

Pokemon bank judge gender and shiny by original IVs

That's only after the USUM update. Before that, the gender of G1 Vc Mons was not decided by IVs, just randomly given, and even the shiny calculation was different. you could actually get, say, a female shiny Charizard. This is no longer possible after said update, but since it was at some point, these Mons aren't necessarily illegal.

Edited by Ruby Genseki
  • V-Wheeeeeel!!! 1

22 minutes ago, Ruby Genseki said:

That's only after the USUM update. Before that, the gender of G1 Vc Mons was not decided by IVs, just randomly given, and even the shiny calculation was different. you could actually get, say, a female shiny Charizard. This is no longer possible after said update, but since it was at some point, these Mons aren't necessarily illegal.

Thanks

So, vc mew can be shiny??

1 hour ago, Davil said:

Thanks

So, vc mew can be shiny??

Well...VC glitch Mew could be shiny were it to have the right IVs, but you cannot legitimately send one of these over to gen 7. There was a Mew event for the VC which can be put in Poké Bank, but, AFAICR, due to how these events work, all of its IVs were preset, and they used that to make sure it couldn't be shiny when transferred.
To this date, the only legitimately possible shiny Mews are those caught in Faraway Island (Emerald), which can only come from japanese games.

Edited by Ruby Genseki
  • V-Wheeeeeel!!! 1

56 minutes ago, Ruby Genseki said:

Well...VC glitch Mew could be shiny were it to have the right IVs, but you cannot legitimately send one of these over to gen 7. There was a Mew event for the VC which can be put in Poké Bank, but, AFAICR, due to how these events work, all of its IVs were preset, and they used that to make sure it couldn't be shiny when transferred.
To this date, the only legitimately possible shiny Mews are those caught in Faraway Island (Emerald), which can only come from japanese games.

Before USUM update , Gen1 vc Defense Speed Special IVs are 10 Attack IV is 2\3\6\7\10\11\14\15 send to Pokemon Bank must be shiny. I tried it.

But , vc shiny up……

If you uesd bug to make a vc mew shiny IVs.

It can sand to Pokemon Bank and must be shiny. I tried it.

Edited by Davil

43 minutes ago, Davil said:

Before USUM update , Gen1 vc Defense Speed Special IVs are 10 Attack IV is 2\3\6\7\10\11\14\15 send to Pokemon Bank must be shiny. I tried it.

But , vc shiny up……

If you uesd bug to make a vc mew shiny IVs.

It can sand to Pokemon Bank and must be shiny. I tried it.

Thing is, glitch stuff is still not legal, so, whatever you do in order to get a shiny VC Mew will not be legit.

• V-Wheeeeeel!!! 1

56 minutes ago, Ruby Genseki said:

Thing is, glitch stuff is still not legal, so, whatever you do in order to get a shiny VC Mew will not be legit.

I think so. That is illegit.

But I think IVs-Shiny in Gen1 vc is ture.

I just want to express this.