Hacks check and GameSync

Tesla

After reading many articles and topics about GameSync and hack check im curious. does hack check prevent hacked pokemons from playing only or they ban you once they know its hacked?

and how do they know if you edited your save file? is it after connecting to GameSync only cuz there's a log when you between time to time? and what kind of hacking are we talking about here :P

is it changing natures and iv's or something bigger? saw many videos on YouTube people playing against hackers using unlimited z-Power. this whole process of hack checking made me wondering how and when exactly are they knowing you're hacking.

Before I begin breaking down this, I must tell you this topic probably has appeared many times before in different forms and variations.

And most importantly, it is not like Gamefreak or Nintendo publicly announced how their hack check works, so there is no definite answer.

46 minutes ago, Tesla said:

does hack check prevent hacked pokemons from playing only

Online hack check appears to block Pokemon (trades and/or battles) that deviate from basic norms,
such as Sturdy Shedinja, or Pokemon with illegal moves.

Sometimes, event Pokemon get unique moves, so they also get caught up in the hack check, before they allow it to pass.
Based on the information seen, it appears they do some kind of whitelisting, as opposed to blacklist method.

Contrary to what a certain someone would believe, no, we are unable to "datamine and reverse engineer the hack checks then program it into PKHeX". That is not how it works.

We've simply gather years of research and combinations of possible and impossible encounters, then worked that into PKHeX.
It is another reason why we rely on user reports. It is possible to miss some very niche or fringe encounters.

or they ban you once they know its hacked?

Quite possible, but it is not known.

and how do they know if you edited your save file? is it after connecting to GameSync only cuz there's a log when you between time to time?

Yeah. I've got a Game Save blocked from Game Sync, cause I've had 2 different 3DS regions across multiple syncs, and they caught that. (can read about that here)

and what kind of hacking are we talking about here

In regard to PGL bans, read about that here.

For the much more serious 3DS online connectivity (has a fix) and Nintendo ID bans (perm ban has no proper fix),
its related to having your 3DS connected to the internet while you're using an unofficial app.
(apparently while they presently don't have access to check past Activity Log (the app), they log what game you're playing, while you're online)

is it changing natures and iv's or something bigger?

Once again, read the link I gave above.

saw many videos on YouTube people playing against hackers using unlimited z-Power

Not known if they do not have a detection method for this, or they ignored it as they were planning for Rotom allowing re-use of Z-Powers.
Whatever the case, that is a ram hack, not a save hack.

And as mentioned at the top of this response, NInty/GF don't tell us what they look out for,
and we've already listed the common causes for PGL bans.
(they probably don't announce what they look out for, cause they don't want people to learn about it and find ways around their hack check.)

Any other further comments regarding this will likely delve deeper into the realm of speculation,
and that isn't entirely productive to anyone.
Can't give any assurance with 100% certainty, but what I can say, is that if you don't do something ridiculous and stupid, you'll likely be just fine.

Do they check all of your pokemons once you Sync even the ones in boxes or only pokemons you participate with in ranked battles? sorry for the dumb questions, im new to this xD

Edited by Tesla

21 minutes ago, Tesla said:

Do they check all of your pokemons once you Sync even the ones in boxes or only pokemons you participate with in ranked battles? sorry for the dumb questions, im new to this xD

You shouldn't hack Pokemon for online battles. Doing so against unsuspecting opponents is against our rules.

They're capable of doing so, and I've seen banned saves with illegal Pokemon, but once again, can't say for sure if they do that.