Legality on emulators(Emerald and XD)

Toffoletto

Hello, 

I would like to ask you two question with reference to the RNG process exploited when using an emulator.

1) I would like to catch a shiny Deoxys on Emerald in the most legit/legal way possible; therefore, I extracted the ROM from my retail game, I started a new game on VBA, and, by using Suloku's excellent Mystery Gift Tool, I injected the wc3 of the Aurora ticket that I got from Nintendo of Italy a few years ago, when I sent them my cartidge. 

The RNG process is significantly easier to perform on an emulator, but I'm concerned about the legitimacy/legality of the result; so my question is: is there any difference(even the slightest) if a pokemon is caught on an emulator, rather than in a retail game? Is there a way to deduce that it was not caught on a gameboy? I ask this question because I know that transferring a gen 3 pokemon to a gen 4 game should be done with an actual DS, in order to avoid issues with thrash bytes, and because someone seems to bother about the origin of pokemon files, but I don't understand if this distinction is only formalistic, and not substantial.

2)This does not regard legality specifically. I have already used the RNG with success to get some pokemon from XD(on emulator, of course). Now, I would like to get a Scyther with spread 31/31/31/31/31/25, and with PID 9551A7C9, that I found by using Gamecube Time Finder on RNG Reporter. Unlike previous times, this spread was marked as "Pass NL(Anti-Shiny)"(instead of "Pass NL" only); so I thought that I had to RNG my TID and SID in order to "shinify" the said spread, and I managed to obtain 00012 as my TID and 12944 as my SID. Is this enough to get a Scyther with those characteristics? I ask this question because that spread does not appear on xdcheck(Mr. Ginzaru's tool), so I'm led to believe that it is actually unobtainable.

Sorry for the long post.

Thank you in adance for your help.  :)

1 hour ago, Toffoletto said:

Hello, 

I would like to ask you two question with reference to the RNG process exploited when using an emulator.

1) I would like to catch a shiny Deoxys on Emerald in the most legit/legal way possible; therefore, I extracted the ROM from my retail game, I started a new game on VBA, and, by using Suloku's excellent Mystery Gift Tool, I injected the wc3 of the Aurora ticket that I got from Nintendo of Italy a few years ago, when I sent them my cartidge. 

The RNG process is significantly easier to perform on an emulator, but I'm concerned about the legitimacy/legality of the result; so my question is: is there any difference(even the slightest) if a pokemon is caught on an emulator, rather than in a retail game? Is there a way to deduce that it was not caught on a gameboy? I ask this question because I know that transferring a gen 3 pokemon to a gen 4 game should be done with an actual DS, in order to avoid issues with thrash bytes, and because someone seems to bother about the origin of pokemon files, but I don't understand if this distinction is only formalistic, and not substantial.

2)This does not regard legality specifically. I have already used the RNG with success to get some pokemon from XD(on emulator, of course). Now, I would like to get a Scyther with spread 31/31/31/31/31/25, and with PID 9551A7C9, that I found by using Gamecube Time Finder on RNG Reporter. Unlike previous times, this spread was marked as "Pass NL(Anti-Shiny)"(instead of "Pass NL" only); so I thought that I had to RNG my TID and SID in order to "shinify" the said spread, and I managed to obtain 00012 as my TID and 12944 as my SID. Is this enough to get a Scyther with those characteristics? I ask this question because that spread does not appear on xdcheck(Mr. Ginzaru's tool), so I'm led to believe that it is actually unobtainable.

Sorry for the long post.

Thank you in adance for your help.  :)

1) Given only the pokemon information, no there is no way to tell.  Spreads are generally counted against an initial seed of 0.  Any spread that is obtained ridiculously far out from the initial seed is considered fishy.  You can use this to make a general determination: Emerald Stationary PID (RTC).  As an example, you can use suloku/st giga's mew to see the RTC of 30+ days.  The seeds overlap after ~828 days.

2) I am not too familiar with the naming of "Pass NL (Anti-Shiny)" but IIRC, XD antishiny pertains to specific scenarios such as Pikachu, Celebi, and starting poke? Either way, antishiny is a different generation than the standard XD game which IIRC, can be shiny but are based on what you are encountering.  Someone else like @Kaphotics, or @Admiral_Fish might need to jump in here.

58 minutes ago, Sabresite said:

1) Given only the pokemon information, no there is no way to tell.  Spreads are generally counted against an initial seed of 0.  Any spread that is obtained ridiculously far out from the initial seed is considered fishy.  You can use this to make a general determination: Emerald Stationary PID (RTC).  As an example, you can use suloku/st giga's mew to see the RTC of 30+ days.  The seeds overlap after ~828 days.

2) I am not too familiar with the naming of "Pass NL (Anti-Shiny)" but IIRC, XD antishiny pertains to specific scenarios such as Pikachu, Celebi, and starting poke? Either way, antishiny is a different generation than the standard XD game which IIRC, can be shiny but are based on what you are encountering.  Someone else like @Kaphotics, or @Admiral_Fish might need to jump in here.

cxd antishiny is a while loop to get a nonshiny PID (usually stops at first one).

haven't checked, but it's likely that xdcheck doesn't spit out antishiny spreads

1) emerald can save seeds by using battle videos

2) * NL is in regards to nature locks, where the game generates the pokemon before the shadow pokemon according to certain criteria (gender/nature), same as Method H/J/K wait for a nature. Just imagine it chained together for each party member.

Thanks to everyone for their answers!

So, to sum it up, there's really no difference in the code of a pokemon obtained on emulators, and, therefore, no rational reason to use a gameboy instead; is it correct?

Kaphotics, with reference to XD, I tried to obtain the aforementioned spread and PID, but a quite strange thing happened: that combination turned out to be unobtainable(so xdcheck was right), but, in turn, I obtained the same spread, only two frames before my target, but with a different PID, nature and gender; on the other hand, on the main window of RNG Reporter, my target had different IVs than those reported on Gamecube Time Finder. These were the results(my target is the third one):

801672    5CE24441        Docile    1    31    31    31    31    31    25    Dark    64    F    M    M    F    
801673    44419551        Adamant    1    25    31    31    23    12    12    Bug    43    F    M    M    F    
801674    9551A7C9    !!!    Adamant    1    12    23    12    7    23    2    Electric    66    M    M    M    M    

I really don't know what to think, though I'm sure I'm messing something up...

46 minutes ago, Toffoletto said:

Thanks to everyone for their answers!

So, to sum it up, there's really no difference in the code of a pokemon obtained on emulators, and, therefore, no rational reason to use a gameboy instead; is it correct?

Kaphotics, with reference to XD, I tried to obtain the aforementioned spread and PID, but a quite strange thing happened: that combination turned out to be unobtainable(so xdcheck was right), but, in turn, I obtained the same spread, only two frames before my target, but with a different PID, nature and gender; on the other hand, on the main window of RNG Reporter, my target had different IVs than those reported on Gamecube Time Finder. These were the results(my target is the third one):

801672    5CE24441        Docile    1    31    31    31    31    31    25    Dark    64    F    M    M    F    
801673    44419551        Adamant    1    25    31    31    23    12    12    Bug    43    F    M    M    F    
801674    9551A7C9    !!!    Adamant    1    12    23    12    7    23    2    Electric    66    M    M    M    M    

I really don't know what to think, though I'm sure I'm messing something up...

Antishiny means the PID is rerolled, so you are 2 (3 because of unused?) frames later.